Next up - Burnley

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Next up - Burnley

Postby nottsblue » Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:20 pm

Set the team up for the next game. That is the most important one. Don't set up a team to play the game after. Worry about that next week.

Burnley are a very resolute and resourceful side, who pose a big threat on set pieces and on the counter with the lad Wood. Too often in the past we have under estimated the opposition and been left red faced. Indeed, Burnley themselves have a half decent record v City over the past few years.

The goalie takes care of itself. Minimum changes to the defence. One at the most. I'd suggest Danilo for Walker.
Swap the Silva's. Give Fern a break and give Gundogan a start.
Aguero must now be chomping at the bit to break Brooks' record. Give Jesus a rest

So,

Ederson
Delph, Stones, Otter, Danilo
Gundogan, B Silva, KDB
Sane, Aguero, Sterling

Plenty of options on the bench as well.

Regarding the next game afterwards. As has been said, Wolves are no mugs, but equally, will they risk a first choice side? Surely promotion for them is key. Why would they risk injury and suspension which could harm their promotion prospects in a game even the most ardent Wolves fan must fear a dry bumming from. We will have plenty of time to rest indivlayers in the coming weeks. But I do believe changing much more than three or four players can sometimes be to the detriment of the flow of the side. Resting a couple each time is the likely way Pep will probably rotate
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby JJOK » Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:39 pm

Hopefully Sergio will play and break the record. Then this video dedication to him will be mega
https://youtu.be/Ng7mGMC-RE8
JJOK
Bianchi's Matchday Snood

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Aguero

Postby Chinners » Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:50 pm

JJOK wrote:Hopefully Sergio will play and break the record. Then this video dedication to him will be mega
https://youtu.be/Ng7mGMC-RE8

Brilliant, I enjoyed that, can't beat a bit of a Status 3-bar boogie
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby johnny crossan » Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:00 pm

Gale force winds forecast - those Burnley bruisers will be rubbing their knuckles :roll:
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby The Maine Man » Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:31 pm

City64 wrote:
john@staustell wrote:We did look knackered.

Pampered multi millionaire athletes Knackered after 9 weeks of the football season ? Give over !

I really don't buy this from armchair fans. It doesnt matter how much you earn and how fit you are, if you're a human being you get tired and suffer from fatigue. Fact. They need to rotate. You can't train daily and play 60 games a season and expect to perform throughout. Unless you are full of chemicals maybe.
The Maine Man
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Vincent Kompany

Postby Swales4ever » Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:49 pm

The Maine Man wrote:
City64 wrote:

Pampered multi millionaire athletes Knackered after 9 weeks of the football season ? Give over !

I really don't buy this from armchair fans. It doesnt matter how much you earn and how fit you are, if you're a human being you get tired and suffer from fatigue. Fact. They need to rotate. You can't train daily and play 60 games a season and expect to perform throughout. Unless you are full of chemicals maybe.

Yet to meet up who I've learnt to call a gentleman, but one thing one is clear on my mind already: barring our under30 members, the least You can call armchair is our 64.
Geez! ze man walks more yards in a matchday than the whole set of FBs in half a season...

1. "unintelligible language"
2. "ACID QUEEN"
3. "never once fails to turn a football thread into a himseelf thread"
4. "thumbs stalker often resulting in repetitive thumb strain"
5. ignore the cunt. he's on permantent wum mission. only TIDs may know City

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
there must be some truth, then!
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Sharia for Spafia
My favourite player is: an intelligent one

Postby The Maine Man » Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:57 pm

Swales4ever wrote:
The Maine Man wrote:
City64 wrote:

Yet to meet up who I've learnt to call a gentleman, but one thing one is clear on my mind already: barring our under30 members, the least You can call armchair is our 64.
Geez! ze man walks more yards in a matchday than the whole set of FBs in half a season...

Poor choice of phrase on my part. Maybe non-athlete? Sometimes watching city does burn more calories than playing. Anyway, lets FTCU!
The Maine Man

Postby Swales4ever » Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:52 pm

The Maine Man wrote:
Swales4ever wrote:
The Maine Man wrote:
City64 wrote:

Poor choice of phrase on my part. Maybe non-athlete? Sometimes watching city does burn more calories than playing. Anyway, lets FTCU!

well... that's the textbook notion of my current self: a non-athlete who does burn more calories watching city than playing. :oops:
had my days tho! ;)

2. "ACID QUEEN"

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby City64 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:43 pm

The Maine Man wrote:
Swales4ever wrote:
The Maine Man wrote:
City64 wrote:

Nice words Swales4ever , much gratitude in my humbleness .

The Maine Man wow where do I start with a reply to your drivel ? Tell you what I wont even bother . Fucking tired in October ???? FFS !!! They get next week off its only Wolverhampton Wanderers in a competition that is right at the bottom of Peps to do list . Middle of November onwards is the time to start rotating , oh wait maybe not there is another International break then when they all get to have another pampered holiday ......... and err Pep has only played the same team since Chelsea away ? Absolutely rotate the squad when we have a nice cushion over the rags but do it now v Burnley ? absolute madness imho .

Fuck I replied ? oh well !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Swales4ever » Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:50 pm

City64 wrote:Nice words Swales4ever , much gratitude in my humbleness .

Funny isn't it, mate?
I am convinced that I am the one which has been humbled by a gentle holding out a hand to me. ;)
It's a fact.

2. "ACID QUEEN"

Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby phips » Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:48 am

nottsblue wrote:So,

Ederson
Delph, Stones, Otter, Danilo
Gundogan, B Silva, KDB
Sane, Aguero, Sterling

Odd that you put a RB at LB and our makeshift LB at RB plus Sterling on the left (!)
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby zuricity » Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:09 am

Shouldn’t this topics title be “Eh up it’s - Burnley” ?
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby john@staustell » Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:38 am

Or

Ecky thump
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby blues2win » Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:40 am

Bloody awful weather forecast: gale force winds and pouring rain. Hope it doesn’t drag the football down to their level.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby The Maine Man » Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:42 am

City64 wrote:
The Maine Man wow where do I start with a reply to your drivel ? Tell you what I wont even bother . Fucking tired in October ???? FFS !!! They get next week off its only Wolverhampton Wanderers in a competition that is right at the bottom of Peps to do list . Middle of November onwards is the time to start rotating , oh wait maybe not there is another International break then when they all get to have another pampered holiday ......... and err Pep has only played the same team since Chelsea away ? Absolutely rotate the squad when we have a nice cushion over the rags but do it now v Burnley ? absolute madness imho .

Fuck I replied ? oh well !

Maybe you've done a sport a high level (not weekend pub football)? If so, then I take back my comment. If not then frankly you have no idea what you're talking about. If I paid you 100k a week could you win the London marathon every day (it's only 2 hours giving you 22 to recover). Of course you couldn't.
The Maine Man

Postby Chinners » Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:50 am

All true, however I reckon I could do 2 a week .... where can I claim my £100k?
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:19 am

We definitely need rotation, we burned out players like Silva, DeBruyne and Sterling last season, around springtime, when they should be getting their second wind to push on for the run in, they were exhausted.

In Sterling's case, so far he's played over 300 minutes less than he had at this stage last season, good to see.

We've got to trust Pep, who has a team of sports science analysts to inform him on recovery times and what not, to make the right calls.

We looked very leggy in them last twenty minutes against Napoli.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Original Dub » Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:38 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:We definitely need rotation, we burned out players like Silva, DeBruyne and Sterling last season, around springtime, when they should be getting their second wind to push on for the run in, they were exhausted.

In Sterling's case, so far he's played over 300 minutes less than he had at this stage last season, good to see.

We've got to trust Pep, who has a team of sports science analysts to inform him on recovery times and what not, to make the right calls.

Definitely needs to rest some players and while I don't know when it is a good time to rest kdb or silva, they could probably both do with it this weekend.

I'd rest kdb, but bring him on last half hour if we can't break them down.

Maybe start b silva too?
Original Dub

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:11 am

Original Dub wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:We definitely need rotation, we burned out players like Silva, DeBruyne and Sterling last season, around springtime, when they should be getting their second wind to push on for the run in, they were exhausted.

Definitely needs to rest some players and while I don't know when it is a good time to rest kdb or silva, they could probably both do with it this weekend.

I'd rest kdb, but bring him on last half hour if we can't break them down.

Maybe start b silva too?

I'd like to see him start, he's looked really good in his cameos. Actually reminds me more of Iniesta than Silva.

I'd also like to see Gundogan and Danilo start but then you start wondering will that upset the balance too much
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby City64 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:51 am

Chinners wrote:All true, however I reckon I could do 2 a week .... where can I claim my £100k?

Me too Chinners ! So many posters going around in circles saying players need a rest already and can't get there head around most will be getting next week off as there will be whole sale changes v Wolves . Meanwhile we are top of the league pushing hard for the title yeah let's give some of them Saturday off coz it's windy and rainy ??? fuck me I need a beer !!! :-D
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum