Next up - Burnley

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Next up - Burnley

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:39 am

Burnley are going well and have an amazing away record this season. They have been away to.
Chelsea
Spurs
Liverpool
Everton
And not lost any of those games.

Remember Liverpool last season had 80% possession and lost 2-0 to them. They will be very organised and if there was any game where an early goal is needed, then at this moment, this is it.

They are very comfortable surrendering possession and have very good organisation at the back.

Great piece on them here.

http://bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41670800

I hope Pep does his homework for this one as it could be a frustrating afternoon.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Re: Next up - Burnley

Postby Justified logic » Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:03 pm

Wonderwall wrote:Burnley are going well and have an amazing away record this season. They have been away to.
Chelsea
Spurs
Liverpool
Everton
And not lost any of those games.

Remember Liverpool last season had 80% possession and lost 2-0 to them. They will be very organised and if there was any game where an early goal is needed, then at this moment, this is it.

They are very comfortable surrendering possession and have very good organisation at the back.

Great piece on them here.

http://bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41670800

I hope Pep does his homework for this one as it could be a frustrating afternoon.

Not only not lost, they beat Chelsea and Everton!

Here's hoping also for an early goal.
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby South Stand Balti » Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:15 pm

We had a big game on Tuesday and 50mph winds and some rain expected on Saturday. This won't be easy but after this one I'd give them the week off. Play the bench and 4 youngsters against Wolves. He may change it a bit though v Burnley. Maybe Danilo, Bernard and Gundo in. Perhaps a back 3 even with Mangala in. Never know with His Pepness.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby phips » Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:16 pm

Danilo and Bernardo need to start. maybe Gundogan too. theres no point in having a deep squad if youre not going to rotate to keep things fresh.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby City64 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:32 pm

Same team as usual plus Aguero and Danilo they are fucking athletes that earn mega bucks FFS !!! Next week off and rest then , our 2nd eleven will comfortably see off Wolves ! And for those with short memories Pep is on record as saying he wants maximum league points from between the last international break and the next one in November !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:47 pm

City64 wrote:Same team as usual plus Aguero and Danilo they are fucking athletes that earn mega bucks FFS !!! Next week off and rest then , our 2nd eleven will comfortably see off Wolves ! And for those with short memories Pep is on record as saying he wants maximum league points from between the last international break and the next one in November !

We are unchanged in 3 matches and adding Aguero and Danilo will just be cheating. 13 v 12.

Athletes need recovery to ensure they keep their performances at the top level. Also, wolves are top of the table and flying, plus they have some decent players too. Take them lightly at our peril.
Wonderwall

Postby City64 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:02 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
City64 wrote:Same team as usual plus Aguero and Danilo they are fucking athletes that earn mega bucks FFS !!! Next week off and rest then , our 2nd eleven will comfortably see off Wolves ! And for those with short memories Pep is on record as saying he wants maximum league points from between the last international break and the next one in November !

We are unchanged in 3 matches and adding Aguero and Danilo will just be cheating. 13 v 12.

Athletes need recovery to ensure they keep their performances at the top level. Also, wolves are top of the table and flying, plus they have some decent players too. Take them lightly at our peril.

Aguero and Danilo need some game time . Start same eleven v Burnley bring on Aguero and Danilo 2nd half , all good there is a title to be won . Prioritising Wolves makes no fucking sense whatsoever .......... Yaya and co can deal with them plus Aguero , Danilo , Gundogan , Bernado Silva . Fuck me how easy it ???? pmsl
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Sideshow Bob » Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:15 pm

even if you subscribe to the idea that pro footballers should be able to handle 2 games/wk, the fact is we looked very tired in the 2nd half against napoli. KDB, silva and jesus clearly need a rest. maybe sane and fern as well.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby john@staustell » Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:18 pm

We did look knackered.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby City64 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:20 pm

Sideshow Bob wrote:even if you subscribe to the idea that pro footballers should be able to handle 2 games/wk, the fact is we looked very tired in the 2nd half against napoli. KDB, silva and jesus clearly need a rest. maybe sane and fern as well.

But they get next week off after Burnley ?
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby City64 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:22 pm

john@staustell wrote:We did look knackered.

Pampered multi millionaire athletes Knackered after 9 weeks of the football season ? Give over !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Sideshow Bob » Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:26 pm

City64 wrote:
Sideshow Bob wrote:even if you subscribe to the idea that pro footballers should be able to handle 2 games/wk, the fact is we looked very tired in the 2nd half against napoli. KDB, silva and jesus clearly need a rest. maybe sane and fern as well.

But they get next week off after Burnley ?

tbh id bench them for both games. they can come on after 60 if needed.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby Swales4ever » Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:26 pm

impressive stats by Burnley, indeed: didn't notice they have been so stunningly good away from home.

main concern, here, remains mind fatigue, as largerly debated in the napoli post-match.

rest dave (I very much would like start seeing bernie sharing trade with KdB in midpark, but would hardly happen so soon).
thus, I'd be confortable with Ilkay and Sergio (raz or leroy, usual conundurum on make way)

Lads shall still rock Eastlands again! confident. :mrgreen:

EDIT: honest. still more concerned on 64 to make the seat at ko time. :twisted:

1. "unintelligible language"
2. "ACID QUEEN"
3. "never once fails to turn a football thread into a himseelf thread"
4. "thumbs stalker often resulting in repetitive thumb strain"
5. ignore the cunt. he's on permantent wum mission. only TIDs may know City

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
there must be some truth, then!
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Sharia for Spafia
My favourite player is: an intelligent one

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:02 pm

I hope to see the back pages on Sunday saying that Jesus crucified pope at the etihad.
Wonderwall

Postby Swales4ever » Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:10 pm

Wonderwall wrote:I hope to see the back pages on Sunday saying that Jesus crucified pope at the etihad.

that would be my personal take of heaven come to earth! :D
fascinating, Sir...

2. "ACID QUEEN"

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby sheblue » Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:50 pm

Some are calling for wholesale changes for the Burnley game. I cant see Pep doing that. Pep surely will have learned that there are not any PL games that can be taken for granted, that and given their away from surely he will not change the team much. I expect to see a very similar side to the one that started on Tuesday and the previous two games.
The priority is the league. I am fine with him resting players mid week, of course that will supposedly 'weaken' the team. But playing the likes of Yaya, little Silva, Sergio, Danilo, Gundo ,Mangala etc wont weaken us sufficiently to get beaten by Wolves, well it should not anyway. Really our 2nd 11 should be dealing with Wolves easily, no disrespect intended.
Where is Vinny? Any chance of him ever playing a gain to give one of the other two a break.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:25 pm

The defence is looking a touch more settled of late, so I wouldn't really want to see much changing there at the moment, which is hard news for Mangala, even though I'd like to see how he would fare alongside Stones.

As for the rest of the side, we've got a decent squad, with quality in depth, so rotation is the order of the day. We've got the players so it would be senseless not to use them.

Don't know where that leaves Kompany though ?
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Swales4ever » Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:47 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:The defence is looking a touch more settled of late, so I wouldn't really want to see much changing there at the moment, which is hard news for Mangala, even though I'd like to see how he would fare alongside Stones.

As for the rest of the side, we've got a decent squad, with quality in depth, so rotation is the order of the day. We've got the players so it would be senseless not to use them.

Don't know where that leaves Kompany though ?

Please don't get offended, MC, but i pretty much agree on the whole.
Mangala? I see You point, but also fear the "don't always start playing from the back" fraktion, resurrected on tuesday, might gain new adepts by that.
And I lost hope Pep will ever give a go to a Stones/Danilo partnership in the back 4.
resigned to live the scare of Otamendi until Pep will get his choosen CB (Dendoncker? anyone guess.)

Vinnie? we better ask Martinez, I fear.

but I also agree with SheBlue, never intended to take Burnley lightly, nor even before being enlightened by OP stats:
Would be curious to read what She makes of my proposed rotation (Berny/but probably Ilkay for Dave and Sergio back for make your pick on whether Raheem or Leroy.
Would You deem this too weakened? honestly curious, mate.

2. "ACID QUEEN"

Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Justified logic » Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:30 pm

With their organised defence we'll need to be sharp against Burnley. I don't know how they play, but if we want to progress in the League Cup we'll need to show due respect to 2nd division leaders Wolves. I don't know how we'll rest our knackered midfielders and forward-midfielders during these two games ahead of WBA away and the return game in Naples, but then I'm not being paid £50m a year or whatever it is Guardioa gets.
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Nigels Tackle » Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:38 pm

back 5 stays the same
rest the midfield...
swap silva for silva
gundog for kdb
danilo for fern
same front 3 - they are so fucking young, they could play every day