Lawro & DC predictions v Burnley (H)

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Lawro & DC predictions v Burnley (H)

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:01 pm

Lawro and DC are both going for goals this weekend and a clean sheet too!

Lawro's opponent for this weekend's fixtures is England cricket captain Joe Root.

Premier League predictions: Joe Root predicts goals galore in Spurs v Liverpool game
Root is a Sheffield United fan who is enjoying his side's fine start to the season in the Championship, and he also likes to play a bit of football.
The England team often start training sessions with a game of five-a-side, and Root says he likes to get among the goals. "I would say I am in the Gary Lineker mould," he told BBC Sport. "I stay right at the top and am just basically quite deadly in front of goal.

Lawro says

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41682565

Burnley have done brilliantly this season and I don't think even their most optimistic fan would have thought they would be sitting seventh in the table
having lost only one of their first eight games.

Analysis: The stats that show Burnley's amazing away form is not down to luck
The Clarets have done well when they have gone to the top clubs this season and they are used to this kind of game, where the opposition will have most of the ball.

You can almost close your eyes when you are watching Sean Dyche's side and know that, when you open them, all of his players will be in position - which shows how well he organises them.

But the way Manchester City are playing, they are creating chances from all over the pitch.

City have so many match-winners, it is going to be very hard for Burnley to stop them.

Lawro's prediction: 3-0

Root's prediction: Apologies to [Burnley fan] Jimmy Anderson, but I am going for a big City win. 4-1

Merson says

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/ ... redictions

Burnley have done great away from home, and I know City only beat Napoli 2-1, but they could have been 5-0 up at one point. And that's a proper Napoli team, they could have blown them away. City are just phenomenal at the moment.

I don't like to say big scores, because it seems disrespectful to other teams, and Burnley have done really well, but I just can't see how they can stop City.

PAUL PREDICTS: 4-0 (13/2 with Sky Bet)
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Re: Lawro & DC predictions v Burnley (H)

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:12 pm

Any of those scores will do me, but they haven’t factored in the weather!
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby South Stand Balti » Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:05 pm

Hutch's Shoulder wrote:Any of those scores will do me, but they haven’t factored in the weather!

Serious question....it will be very blustery tomorrow but, given we have a wrap around stadium, will it not be quite still at pitch level?
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby CTID Hants » Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:25 pm

3-0 & 4-0 are now respecitively the new 2-0 they both have favoured in seasons past?

Hope to God one of them is right..
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby ruralblue » Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:01 pm

South Stand Balti wrote:
Hutch's Shoulder wrote:Any of those scores will do me, but they haven’t factored in the weather!

Serious question....it will be very blustery tomorrow but, given we have a wrap around stadium, will it not be quite still at pitch level?

There is talk that Asbton has been drafted in for a weather check pre game and the game could be off.

Fuck Lawro and the Degenerate, I am going for.......

2 - 2. Sorry but think they will chuck everything at us, we will have most of the possession and chances and be two up in first half. It will be chucked away with two defensive fuck ups late in the game. This board will combust, swales will become sane and Phips will foe another couple dozen members.
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby sheblue » Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:30 pm

ruralblue wrote:
South Stand Balti wrote:

There is talk that Asbton has been drafted in for a weather check pre game and the game could be off.

Fuck Lawro and the Degenerate, I am going for.......

2 - 2. Sorry but think they will chuck everything at us, we will have most of the possession and chances and be two up in first half. It will be chucked away with two defensive fuck ups late in the game. This board will combust, swales will become sane and Phips will foe another couple dozen members.

Haha.... :lol: :lol:
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby nottsblue » Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:09 pm

It is very hard to look beyond a City win and a comfortable one at that. But the weather may make conditions more tricky. Will take the three points any old how. Be truly gobsmacked if the rags didn't win at Huddersfield so we need a win to keep momentum
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Wonderwall » Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:19 am

No bad weather this morning. Took the dog out and it's a nice morning. Brian where are you?
Wonderwall

Postby ruralblue » Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:10 am

Wonderwall wrote:No bad weather this morning. Took the dog out and it's a nice morning. Brian where are you?

Who calls a dog Brian???
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue

Postby Wonderwall » Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:03 am

ruralblue wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:No bad weather this morning. Took the dog out and it's a nice morning. Brian where are you?

Who calls a dog Brian???

My dogs Brian and so is my cat.
Wonderwall

Postby Dameerto » Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:16 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
ruralblue wrote:

Who calls a dog Brian???

Aren't we all just a little bit Brian?
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby ruralblue » Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:19 pm

Dameerto wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:
ruralblue wrote:

Who calls a dog Brian???

Aren't we all just a little bit Brian?

No I'm Brian!
ruralblue

Return to The Maine Football forum