Other Games This Week | 20-26 Oct 17

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Other Games This Weekend | 20-22 Oct 17

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:18 pm

Ha ha ha, cunts!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby iwasthere2012 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:24 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
nottsblue wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
nottsblue wrote:Wonder if the rags have made it home yet? After all, the bus broke down during the first half

I wonder if they wanted to get a taxi for Mourinho .........?? :(

I'll bet there a good number on rag cafe calling for it :lol: :lol:

Just had a brief look on there and there are a load of unhappy bunnies all bewailing their disbelief at what they're witnessing.

One nice comment was "fecking neanderthal football", which seems about right.

I’ve suffered watching them a lot more than is healthy this year and I’ve formulated a theory about them.
Despite the fact that they have started so well (it’s all relative),
they really aren’t that good.

There that’s it.
Remember where you heard it first.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby patrickblue » Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:39 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:Ha ha ha, cunts!

My words exactly.

iwasthere2012 wrote:I’ve suffered watching them a lot more than is healthy this year and I’ve formulated a theory about them.
Despite the fact that they have started so well (it’s all relative),
they really aren’t that good.

There that’s it.
Remember where you heard it first.

I've only suffered watching them once this season, which was tonight on MOTD, and I think they were shite.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:43 pm

They are not a bad side but clearly not a top side. Moaninho says he won't blame anyone but they were not at it today and he doesn't know why! First of all he whipped off Martial and Mata so there might be a clue who had the finger pointed at them but is it just possible that the way he sets the team out to not lose had something to do with the attitude?

3 games in a week and in each one ,away from home granted, he doesn't pick his best attacking line up. They played crap in all 3! And for a team who think they are great to resort to lumping the ball forward to every big guy they could get up top is a joke.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby iwasthere2012 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:39 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:They are not a bad side but clearly not a top side. Moaninho says he won't blame anyone but they were not at it today and he doesn't know why! First of all he whipped off Martial and Mata so there might be a clue who had the finger pointed at them but is it just possible that the way he sets the team out to not lose had something to do with the attitude?

3 games in a week and in each one ,away from home granted, he doesn't pick his best attacking line up. They played crap in all 3! And for a team who think they are great to resort to lumping the ball forward to every big guy they could get up top is a joke.

Why change a winning formula.
They played like that all last year and managed to get into the UEFA Champion’s league.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Original Dub » Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:48 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
Douglas Higginbottom wrote:They are not a bad side but clearly not a top side. Moaninho says he won't blame anyone but they were not at it today and he doesn't know why! First of all he whipped off Martial and Mata so there might be a clue who had the finger pointed at them but is it just possible that the way he sets the team out to not lose had something to do with the attitude?

They played like that all last year and managed to get into the UEFA Champion’s league.

When Mourinho peaked, football was becoming efficient and powerful (he played a big part in that, no doubt).

Makelele not only lead the charge, but created a whole new role in his name.

Mourinho is the makelele of managers.

And we've moved past that now.
Original Dub

Postby dazby » Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:31 am

Anyone that does Joan's, are you able to track me down a Verona Derby Link please? The game is on right now.

Thanks in advance.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:46 am

Original Dub wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:

When Mourinho peaked, football was becoming efficient and powerful (he played a big part in that, no doubt).

Makelele not only lead the charge, but created a whole new role in his name.

Mourinho is the makelele of managers.

And we've moved past that now.

Good thoughts OD and very discerning.

Last week on 5Live, they were playing a recording of an interview with him and he was talking about his injured players and the essential qualities they brought to the side.

These qualities were power, fitness, strength and athleticism.......nothing about skill, style, flair and excitement.

In the pursuit of pure football, Mourinho is fast becoming a dinosaur.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby nottsblue » Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:49 pm

Shrek puts Everton in front after barely touching the ball in the opening ten minutes. Much as a despise the blue bindippers I hope they hold out today
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby london blue 2 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:51 pm

nottsblue wrote:Shrek puts Everton in front after barely touching the ball in the opening ten minutes. Much as a despise the blue bindippers I hope they hold out today

He has a knack of scoring key goals against specific opposition doesn't he...
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:51 pm

nottsblue wrote:Shrek puts Everton in front after barely touching the ball in the opening ten minutes. Much as a despise the blue bindippers I hope they hold out today

Me, too. On the basis that I hate Arsenal more than I hate Everton. But they are not far behind.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:54 pm

Wee Davey Moyes might be hoping they don't hold out, if the media stories are true.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby sheblue » Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:00 pm

Arsenal are no threat.
Two of their best players will be gone in January.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:00 pm

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:

Me, too. On the basis that I hate Arsenal more than I hate Everton. But they are not far behind.

It goes against the grain, but I'm hoping the Dippers win later on today. :oops:
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby london blue 2 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:03 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:They are not a bad side but clearly not a top side.

I disagree. Considering who they are and what they have available I think they're pretty awful.

Smalling up front because they have no fellani to launch the ball to is pathetic for a so called top club. Hope that teams continue to exploit thier obvious flaws.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Postby nottsblue » Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:12 pm

Aresnal have been knocking on the door all game and now have their equaliser. Good finish from Monreal. They will go on to win this 3-1. Everton just can't get hold of the football
nottsblue

Postby nottsblue » Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:14 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:

It goes against the grain, but I'm hoping the Dippers win later on today. :oops:

Only if there are multiple red cards and a post match dust up in the tunnel resulting in both sides being docked points with Kane and Countinho who happened to be the instigators getting further 10 game bans
nottsblue

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:19 pm

Blimey Everton are bad. Can't string three passes together.
I'd love that Everton game back.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby nottsblue » Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:03 pm

nottsblue wrote:Aresnal have been knocking on the door all game and now have their equaliser. Good finish from Monreal. They will go on to win this 3-1. Everton just can't get hold of the football

Another defeat for Everton then.
nottsblue

Postby bigblue » Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:12 pm

Missing bogbrush has had just as much an impact as missing Pogba for them. And that says everything you need to know about the rags at the moment. Keep in mind I don't rate Pogba either.
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum