*** city v burnley*** official match thread

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: *** city v burnley*** official match thread

Postby sheblue » Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:43 pm

stevefromdonny wrote:thought we was a bit leggy today, but playing as much as we do that's ok, but need to rest a few players on Tuesday for west brom next Saturday, 3pts and the rags lost,

I really don't care much about what happens Tuesday. Next weekend is where it's all at. We are at west Brom and the rags have the spuds. A game they could well loose. So I want wholesale changes on Tuesday and the first team well rested to give pulis a good spanking. And hopefully 8 clear of the rags.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby CTID Hants » Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:45 pm

freshie wrote:
Mase wrote:
freshie wrote:
Chinners wrote:He's probably kept faith with Sane to boost his confidence .... will probably work as well, I can see him terrorising that left hand flank today

Crystal balls my man

Really? I caught the last 20 minutes and Sanè was constantly giving the ball away. He took his goal well after a fantastic ball from Kev. But it worries me he's constantly giving the ball away and running in to two defenders losing the ball.

He got an assist and a goal. As for the running into 2 defenders that's cos he had 2 men on him all game. He's young, he's raw and I probably wouldn't have picked him today but the boy's got talent

To add to that he will have learnt from today and also the Napoli game
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby CTID Hants » Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:50 pm

sheblue wrote:
stevefromdonny wrote:thought we was a bit leggy today, but playing as much as we do that's ok, but need to rest a few players on Tuesday for west brom next Saturday, 3pts and the rags lost,

I really don't care much about what happens Tuesday. Next weekend is where it's all at. We are at west Brom and the rags have the spuds. A game they could well loose. So I want wholesale changes on Tuesday and the first team well rested to give pulis a good spanking. And hopefully 8 clear of the rags.

Exactly, next weekend is pivotal and having just watched brom against saints there is nothing to fear there.

Saints goal was sensational, def a goal of the season contender.
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:56 pm

stevefromdonny wrote:..... 3pts and the rags lost

All the rest is just opinion ;-)
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Chinners » Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:17 pm

I don't want wholesale changes for midweek as this is a cup we can easily win, may 4 changes max with good use of the bench when needed
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby mr_nool » Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:23 pm

Chinners wrote:I don't want wholesale changes for midweek as this is a cup we can easily win, may 4 changes max with good use of the bench when needed

It will be a 3-5-2 with Zinchenko as left wingback.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby zuricity » Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:28 pm

City64 wrote:Fuckin soaked to the skin !!!!
Top of the league CTID

well , as i mentioned last week .The Celtic way is to piss down someone else‘s trousers and not your own ( unless you want to stay warm for a minute or two).
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby bigblue » Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:06 pm

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:
bigblue wrote:Credit to Sean Dyche. Very honest post match interview and refused to go down the "money" route that the interviewer wanted to lead him on. Think he's a quality guy and manager

He said we cheated. Only cheating going on out on the pitch today was his team. Anyone paying to see football got one team playing it and the other opening its bowels all over the place.

Well I guess we just interpreted his comments very differently. I though he was quite gracious in defeat, saying how great a team we are, how the difference in money doesn't matter, and how everything had to go perfectly for them to get a result.
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby budfox » Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:09 pm

Got back to Somerset 30 minutes ago. Got soaked to the skin, almost dry now. Fantastic day.

Sat next to Shaun Ryder's twin brother. He kept hugging me when we scored. We sang lots.
budfox
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Kev

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:15 pm

budfox wrote:Got back to Somerset 30 minutes ago. Got soaked to the skin, almost dry now. Fantastic day.

Sat next to Shaun Ryder's twin brother. He kept hugging me when we scored. We sang lots.

Love ya man x
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:16 pm

bigblue wrote:
Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:
bigblue wrote:Credit to Sean Dyche. Very honest post match interview and refused to go down the "money" route that the interviewer wanted to lead him on. Think he's a quality guy and manager

He said we cheated. Only cheating going on out on the pitch today was his team. Anyone paying to see football got one team playing it and the other opening its bowels all over the place.

Well I guess we just interpreted his comments very differently. I though he was quite gracious in defeat, saying how great a team we are, how the difference in money doesn't matter, and how everything had to go perfectly for them to get a result.

He did say all that but it was a clear pen and he accused Silva of cheating. The rest is just froth for me.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby City64 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:26 am

zuricity wrote:
Top of the league CTID

well , as i mentioned last week .The Celtic way is to piss down someone else‘s trousers and not your own ( unless you want to stay warm for a minute or two).

haha #hurricaneBrian
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:07 am

zuricity wrote:
Top of the league CTID

I always take an umbrella with me so I'm only half soaked. :roll:
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby budfox » Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:57 pm

When I saw the forecast I thought I'd better take an umbrella and a waterproof coat.

Then I realised that the only umbrella I had was red, and my only suitable coat was also red. Some things are worth getting wet for.
budfox
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Scatman » Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:16 am

budfox wrote:When I saw the forecast I thought I'd better take an umbrella and a waterproof coat.

Then I realised that the only umbrella I had was red, and my only suitable coat was also red. Some things are worth getting wet for.

But you can't escape the fact that you own both a red umbrella and a red coat. Is your subconscious trying to tell you something? Is your washing machine made by AIG?
Scatman
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Nigels Tackle » Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:45 am

Scatman wrote:
budfox wrote:When I saw the forecast I thought I'd better take an umbrella and a waterproof coat.

But you can't escape the fact that you own both a red umbrella and a red coat. Is your subconscious trying to tell you something? Is your washing machine made by AIG?

so close
aeg make appliances
aig sell insurance
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby budfox » Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:32 am

Scatman wrote:

Well it was a free umbrella given to me by an estate agent but there are no excuses for having a red coat. I'll bin the thing.
budfox
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Postby london blue 2 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:45 am

Hate to bring it up but 5 mins to go winning three nil and playing the best footy ever and the stadium was emptying out like a fucking fire drill.

I'm not a ST holder so cant really preach, but I can't understand why so many wanna leave before the full time whistle when we are playing this well.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:49 am

london blue 2 wrote:Hate to bring it up but 5 mins to go winning three nil and playing the best footy ever and the stadium was emptying out like a fucking fire drill.

I'm not a ST holder so cant really preach, but I can't understand why so many wanna leave before the full time whistle when we are playing this well.

Noticed the same thing in the Spurs game yesterday.

It's a strange one, I rarely go nowadays so I'm not going to preach either but I always stay to the end to show my appreciation when I do go.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby iwasthere2012 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:50 am

london blue 2 wrote:Hate to bring it up but 5 mins to go winning three nil and playing the best footy ever and the stadium was emptying out like a fucking fire drill.

By all accounts they were drowning.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum