*** city v burnley*** official match thread

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: *** city v burnley*** official match thread

Postby City64 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:02 am

iwasthere2012 wrote:
london blue 2 wrote:Hate to bring it up but 5 mins to go winning three nil and playing the best footy ever and the stadium was emptying out like a fucking fire drill.

I'm not a ST holder so cant really preach, but I can't understand why so many wanna leave before the full time whistle when we are playing this well.

By all accounts they were drowning.

Noah,s fucking Ark more like !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby london blue 2 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:34 am

Fair enough. Weather doesn't come across that bad on Tele. Like I say I can't preach, it's just I saw so many seat on the 85 mark I was surprised.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby City64 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:47 am

london blue 2 wrote:Fair enough. Weather doesn't come across that bad on Tele. Like I say I can't preach, it's just I saw so many seat on the 85 mark I was surprised.

Like has been posted elsewhere if the game was a later KO it would have been called off , the weather deteriorated rapidly from terrible to horrendous at around 5 pm .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby Scatman » Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:24 am

Nigels Tackle wrote:
Scatman wrote:
budfox wrote:When I saw the forecast I thought I'd better take an umbrella and a waterproof coat.

Then I realised that the only umbrella I had was red, and my only suitable coat was also red. Some things are worth getting wet for.

But you can't escape the fact that you own both a red umbrella and a red coat. Is your subconscious trying to tell you something? Is your washing machine made by AIG?

so close
aeg make appliances
aig sell insurance

I'm quite glad I didn't know what AIG do.
Scatman
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Dameerto » Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:36 am

london blue 2 wrote:Hate to bring it up but 5 mins to go winning three nil and playing the best footy ever and the stadium was emptying out like a fucking fire drill.

I'm not a ST holder so cant really preach, but I can't understand why so many wanna leave before the full time whistle when we are playing this well.

Weather had to play a part in it - some of the turnstiles even had to shut due to flooding.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Swales4ever » Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:50 pm

not sure how competent my take on this is, since my Burnley matchday experience has to be limited to watch a download on a ipad going home today...
geez! I even had to hear the fat lady singing "O Scarpia, Avanti a Dio!", before eventually come to know it was over and well for City.

anyway, before some folks get agitated...

biggest positive, imo, the system is clearly under the belt of the lads and their confidence on the way they have to play is there for everyone to see, no matter of how good/bad the day unfolds at the office, nor of how good and dedicated the opposition is at try and prevent them to perform.

yet to read above everyone's take on how the game unfolded, what everyone has made of the dues to be rightly paid to a very well set and dedicated Burnley side, but the Clarets influence on what to make of a game that went on very nervy and tidy until Otamendi header won't certainly go underestimated on me.

I would also not underestimate the flomboyant day the Pope had at stopping a few very decent attempts and while Pep knows and was certaily right to give minutes Sergio, in order to minimaze the effects of that freak accident on his form, it's just a pity that he so prevented one of most fascinating post ever seen on this board to come true.....
also as a former water polo "hole-set", can't help but being amazed by what i found quite a waterpolo goalkeeping style... :) would love to read IWT's take on this impression.

last but not least, while I cannot fail to agree with 64, Nige and others about the fact that talking of legs fatigue so early in the season is laughable, I would like to offer again to open debate on my impression that the mental focus requested by a proper 90/90 application to Pep's tactical demands looks - to me only it seems - exacting a little toll on the performance of a few key players: hence the need to apply an as systematic rotation as possible, at least to midfield lads.
I cannot insist on this as being a big convincement of mine, perhaps its BS, as it seems nobody has taken seriously such offer to debate but I'd really like to read somebody else opinion about, no matter (or just better) if totally dismissive of my understanding.

1. "unintelligible language"
2. "ACID QUEEN"
3. "never once fails to turn a football thread into a himseelf thread"
4. "thumbs stalker often resulting in repetitive thumb strain"
5. ignore the cunt. he's on permantent wum mission. only TIDs may know City

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
there must be some truth, then!
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Sharia for Spafia
My favourite player is: an intelligent one

Postby freshie » Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:02 pm

It's really fucking annoying - 10 mins to go on Saturday and some cunts in front of me were leaving, obstructing my view in the process. I wish they'd watch the game at home
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Wonderwall » Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:03 pm

Burnley came with a very clear plan. Their first throw in gave their game away. Taking an age to go over to get the ball as if he was wading through treacle. The same said for Pope on his goal.kicks. I don't blame them, we can expect the same from every single team whilst the scores are level.

As soon as the pen went in, they picked up the pace and had to become a little bit more brave. They started to press a little higher and this killed them with two goals in quick succession, they then reverted back to keeping it tight for damage limitation.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby zuricity » Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:24 pm

Your problem.

If you were watching the game and concentrating on the game you wouldn‘t notice that people were leaving the ground.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum