MotM v Burnley

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Who's yours?

Ederson
4%
Walker
4%
Stones
50%
Otamendi
27%
Delph
4%
Fernandinho
2%
De Bruyne
2%
Dave Silva
No votes
Bernard Silva
2%
Sane
4%
Aguero
No votes
Jesus
No votes
Toure
No votes
Gundogan
No votes

Total votes : 48

Re: MotM v Burnley

Postby dazby » Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:48 am

Ederson for me. So dominant.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Dameerto » Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:33 am

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:It's unheard of to be voting for a defender, but I went for Stones - cool, calm and collected.

He's much more than that though - under Pep he looks to start attacking moves with his passing (which can lead every now and then to him giving possession away but it's worth the risk when it pays off).
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby freshie » Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:42 am

City64 wrote:Was fucking freezing wet and windy as fuck at the Etihad today , if this game was a later KO it would have been called off sure ! Exits getting out of the Etihad were closed because of flooding at full time , emergency exits in place where no floods . Cant be arsed with match thread as some right bollocks being posted there ! Conditions were truly horrendous !
Anyways KDB and Merlin were still going strong late 2nd half so no fatigue issues whatsoever for those who were so convinced these guys aren't actually supreme athletes , Bernado Silva showed some class and what a player this guy is going to be . Sane despite so much criticism on here from a few posters actually had a very decent game scoring a beauty plus an assist . Aguero did ok and worked tirelessly against a very resolute Burnley defence . Ederson had fuck all to do apart from run the full lengh of the pitch after the penalty to tell half a dozen Burnley players to fuck off . MOM for me though is Otter , solid again and scored a great header for the all important 2nd goal .
Top of the league #hurricanebrian

The conditions weren't that bad you fanny ;)
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Mase » Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:43 am

Dameerto wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:It's unheard of to be voting for a defender, but I went for Stones - cool, calm and collected.

He's much more than that though - under Pep he looks to start attacking moves with his passing (which can lead every now and then to him giving possession away but it's worth the risk when it pays off).

People were voting for Kolarov loads last season.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:49 pm

Mase wrote:
Dameerto wrote:

What I meant Mase, is that it's unheard of for myself to vote for a defender.

Should have been more specific.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Mase » Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:50 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
Mase wrote:
Dameerto wrote:

Get you. Apart from all your votes for Kola though.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby City64 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:56 pm

freshie wrote:
City64 wrote:Was fucking freezing wet and windy as fuck at the Etihad today , if this game was a later KO it would have been called off sure ! Exits getting out of the Etihad were closed because of flooding at full time , emergency exits in place where no floods . Cant be arsed with match thread as some right bollocks being posted there ! Conditions were truly horrendous !
Anyways KDB and Merlin were still going strong late 2nd half so no fatigue issues whatsoever for those who were so convinced these guys aren't actually supreme athletes , Bernado Silva showed some class and what a player this guy is going to be . Sane despite so much criticism on here from a few posters actually had a very decent game scoring a beauty plus an assist . Aguero did ok and worked tirelessly against a very resolute Burnley defence . Ederson had fuck all to do apart from run the full lengh of the pitch after the penalty to tell half a dozen Burnley players to fuck off . MOM for me though is Otter , solid again and scored a great header for the all important 2nd goal .
Top of the league #hurricanebrian

The conditions weren't that bad you fanny ;)

P1 P2 exits closed due to flooding and city center at 5.30 pm resembled something from hurricane othelia , I would have been drier if I had jumped in the fuckin Rochdale canal !!!
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC

Postby bigblue » Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:29 pm

dazby wrote:Ederson for me. So dominant.

He has no hesitation to dive head first for the ball after getting 10 stitches in the face a few weeks ago. Love having a proper hard man in goal
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:43 pm

Mase wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
Mase wrote:
Dameerto wrote:

Get you. Apart from all your votes for Kola though.

Kola was more than a defender; he was a veritable colossus, a giant amongst giants, a legend beyond all earthly beliefs, the guardian of the keep, the keeper of the keys, the beating heart of all we aspire to......just wish he'd been able to play football.......

(just joking Mase; seriously, just joking :roll: )
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby nottsblue » Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:02 pm

Mase wrote:
Dameerto wrote:

Scored again from a free kick for Roma today, the winner in a 1-0 win at Torino
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Mase » Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:15 pm

nottsblue wrote:
Mase wrote:
Dameerto wrote:

Scored again from a free kick for Roma today, the winner in a 1-0 win at Torino

My Roma shirt is on order.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby sheblue » Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:20 pm

bigblue wrote:

He has no hesitation to dive head first for the ball after getting 10 stitches in the face a few weeks ago. Love having a proper hard man in goal

Isn't it just funny. For years there were loads banging on about how they didn't want Brazilians any where near MCFC. They were soft, allegedly.
Now we have 4. Isn't it ironic as Alanis would say....
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby gillie » Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:58 pm

Went for Stones as he starting to play like everyone thought he would do. Reminds me of Bobby Moore every time I see him play these days.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Justified logic » Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:51 pm

bigblue wrote:

Guardiola saw the light!
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Swales4ever » Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:11 pm

Yet to decide between Eddie and Johnny for the Napoli game MotM, but for this Stones comes quite clear best to me.

Special mention to Ederson close second best and Walker, despite what I am aware has become a little soft spot of me, towards Kyle since I read that self embarassing tweet by FACup's ears when, the transfer was sealed. i.e. to say that perhaps I am getting a tad Mase-esque when it comes to assess Kyle performance ;)

A, also glad to spend a very rare appreciative words on Otamendi, for is all important header which sealed the game and, maybe problably win it.
I still maintain that the guy is as farther to the even idea of a Pep's CB as it gets (a liability to a side so much depemding on constant building from the back), but am also happy to have to commend him on being good enough so far, as per mainstream opinion.

1. "unintelligible language"
2. "ACID QUEEN"
3. "never once fails to turn a football thread into a himseelf thread"
4. "thumbs stalker often resulting in repetitive thumb strain"
5. ignore the cunt. he's on permantent wum mission. only TIDs may know City

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
there must be some truth, then!
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Sharia for Spafia
My favourite player is: an intelligent one

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum