EFL Chat

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

EFL Chat

Postby CuteMancs » Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:35 pm

A few thoughts from our visitors tomorrow night, and a lot of common sense. I’m looking forward to see how this plays out.

COME ON CITY!!!

Team Selection

Norris

Boly Miranda Hause

Doherty Neves N'Daiye Vinagre

Costa Jota Enobakhare

And the rest…

Change the whole team for me and keep them fresh for the 3 league games (including 2 long trips) in 6 days coming up. Looking forward to the day out but not remotely fussed if we lose.

Are they running scared?

Think the first team players will want to play in this. Could cause a bit of morale loss if the likes of Jota don't get to play here. I would go full strength and go for it

We cant go into the City game with the normal League Cup side we'll get hammered, it has to be near full strength.

There's an international break after the Fulham game so I wouldn't worry too much about fitness at this stage…I hope some of Norris, N'Daiye, Boly, Hause, Vinagre, Costa and Enobakhare get minutes but apart from that we should be picking our best side and trying to beat City.

I'm surprised so many think that we should play the full side in this one. Given our current league position i think we shuld take every opportunity to rest the regulars…It is not so much a case of fatigue, but given the treatment that Jota, Neves and a few others get on a regular basis from other sides, surely the concern would just be an accumulation of damage. Don't forget that a lot of our foreign contingent won't get a rest during the international break, they will away with full or u23/21 sides…These games are also an opportunity to give some of the fringe and returning players game time to reach fitness. That this is important has been apparent for players like Costa, and would also allow the likes of Boly to regain sharpness…No disrespect to all those going, or watching back at the Mol, however, the league is too important.

You could go with the strongest team possible and still concede a cricket score the way City are playing at the moment, it's not like their second string is going to be a bunch of nobodies.

This has the potential to be a real banana skin match.....for us…Still 4-5 Wolves I reckon.

Reality in all its garish colours will visit us on Tuesday night. !!! That's why I don't want to see our first team appearing, it would not help our promotion cause to see them dismantled by the City reserves!! No injuries is the best result for me!

Just looked at the predicted Man City team on the blue moon forum, if we make loads of changes we will get hit for 4 or 5 most likely. If we go full strength can see us giving them a game purely because we will shock them with our attacking play, can't think of an English team that has been their this season and attacked them. Can see us scoring a couple in a 3-2 loss

4-0. Citeh will have far too much for us right now unfortunately. Aguero to break the record.

Best team in the Championship against the best team in the Premier League. Hmmmmm, this could be embarrassing or maybe - just maybe we can pull off another Anfield result. Don't you just love football?

Sorry to sound so negative but City are unbeatable even with resting a few which I'm sure they will, so I would go strong but I would rest our key players (Jota, Neves and Doherty)

We will definitely score, but probably lose 9-4. We just need to go for it.

They have 4 home games in a row which I found a bit odd.

Anyone else pinching themselves at the thought of The Mighty Wolves playing against a Pep Guardiola team…Two years ago that would have been a bit of a pipe dream.

Have you seen their 2nd XI? Sane, Yaya Toure, Sterling, Jesus. Jesus!

City mullered Chelsea today, even without Aguero. We'll need to play a counter-attacking game and work really hard defensively to stop them scoring several goals. However, they might not keep up their current momentum. Here's hoping!

Watched the City game yesterday and that was how I would dream of seeing my Wolves team play - fast attacking breaks, magnificent one-touch football, sparkling wing play, FBs high up the pitch and just sheer total dominance for 90 minutes. If anyone wants to see perhaps the best 5-10 minutes of attacking brilliance watch the game at around 58 minutes until the goal on around 65. I hope Nuno plays our full side as I think they will love to be on the same pitch as Silva and Debruyne. I think it could be a great match.

Pep appears to have suggested Aguero needs a few more minutes, maybe again Tuesday - I suggest he needs another rest

Even though City are a massive club, and it's a big occasion, for me the QPR match is a bigger game. I do think Nuno will make changes. Obviously he won't want us to go and lose 7-0 or something, so I don't think he'll be picking the likes of Buur again. But I can't see the guys who played 90 minutes yesterday getting a game.

Oh well, we've had a good run!

I usually treat my body like a temple. Last night I treated mine like a whorehouse above a liquor store next to a motherfucking Taco Bell.
CuteMancs
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: MCFC

Re: EFL Chat

Postby nottsblue » Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:43 pm

Decent comments on there. Interesting thought about playing the first XI by Wolves. If I was a first teamer at Wolves and had the opportunity to play at the home of the current leaders and best team in the country and I was "rested", I'd be pissed off. There might not be many more chances in a career to do so.
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Nigels Tackle » Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:04 pm

any views from bradford fans on the game in the efl trophy?
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Justified logic » Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:38 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:any views from bradford fans on the game in the efl trophy?

Yes, our u23s also play tomorrow. We also have u23s in India playing in the u17s WC.

Wolves' u23s play tonight in Premier League 2 Division Two.

However, unless Wolves have a very thin squad, I can't see either of these affecting tomorrow's EFL Cup team selection.

On another note, how pleasant is it to have the media talking about us in glowing terms and opposing fans showing this much respect not for our 'istree or the money we have, but for the beautiful football we've been playing.
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby South Stand Balti » Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:43 pm

They generally seem to think they should/will rest a number of their players. Pep has already said he will make 11 changes.....I wonder if that might encourage them to go for it. Looking forward to seeing this one. It's a pity Foden and Diaz are not available.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby BlueinBosnia » Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:33 am

Nigels Tackle wrote:any views from bradford fans on the game in the efl trophy?

Here's their thread. 'Unenthused' would be the word I'd use to sum up their opinion.

https://claretandbanter.uk/threads/man-city-h.54392/

Lots of squabbles about the competition's team rules, and the fact that we're playing Wolves the same night, meaning there'll be no atmosphere from away fans and no chance to see our better youngsters in action.

One comment that I think sums up the feeling there:

We are playing a bunch of kids in sky blue that have as much in common with the Man City as Dame Vera Lynn has with Metallica. No thanks.

Also, one poster mentions that City (i.e. us, not Bradford) had sold a grand total of 6 tickets for this game by Sunday. Not sure if that was a joke or not, as the source mentioned is seemingly another poster on there.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby london blue 2 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:28 pm

Any idea if joan will be about for this later?
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Shakermaker90 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:29 pm

Looking forward to seeing a different line up for us tonight. It's a good chance to see what sort of depth we have. Gutted that Brahim is injured, would've like to see how he could fit in alongside Yaya and probably Gundogan. Is Foden still away with England?

Wolves will be a tougher test than people might think. Getting anything from us will be a big boost to there season and they've some decent players in their squad.
Shakermaker90
De Michelis's Pace

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby South Stand Balti » Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:36 pm

Shakermaker90 wrote:Looking forward to seeing a different line up for us tonight. It's a good chance to see what sort of depth we have. Gutted that Brahim is injured, would've like to see how he could fit in alongside Yaya and probably Gundogan. Is Foden still away with England?

Wolves will be a tougher test than people might think. Getting anything from us will be a big boost to there season and they've some decent players in their squad.

Yes, Foden is away. Not sure which kids are likely to play other than Tosin and Zinchemko
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby JamieMCFC » Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:14 pm

Shakermaker90 wrote: Is Foden still away with England?

England U17's have the semi-final tomorrow and either the final or third place game on Saturday.
JamieMCFC
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Swales4ever » Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:09 pm

thanks for offering the classic CM's build up, for league cup too. :D

Also wanted to bring my belated gratitude for the supremely entertaining reporting from the Clarets stand, saturday.

Unfortunatedly I've just had a retrospective enjoyment of it, today, and found some proper commedy gold stuff.

Full marks, Sir, and thanks again for all efforts.

1. "unintelligible language"
2. "ACID QUEEN"
3. "never once fails to turn a football thread into a himseelf thread"
4. "thumbs stalker often resulting in repetitive thumb strain"
5. ignore the cunt. he's on permantent wum mission. only TIDs may know City

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
there must be some truth, then!
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Sharia for Spafia
My favourite player is: an intelligent one

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:15 pm

nottsblue wrote:Decent comments on there. Interesting thought about playing the first XI by Wolves. If I was a first teamer at Wolves and had the opportunity to play at the home of the current leaders and best team in the country and I was "rested", I'd be pissed off. There might not be many more chances in a career to do so.

Next season, by the looks of them. Playing some fantastic football also. I'd love to see a big club like Wolves come up and take the place of some of the piss-poor water-treading dross like Palace.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Return to The Maine Football forum