*** City vs Wolves *** official match thread

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: *** City vs Wolves *** official match thread

Postby john@staustell » Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:07 pm

I think it will be reworded to state the obvious meaning - that if extra time occurs an extra sub is allowed.

Mischief making methinks
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby South Stand Balti » Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:38 pm

dazby wrote:Didn't watch the game. What was the issue with not scoring? Was the supply bad? Did Jesus and Kun have shockers?

Wolves surrendered possession, allowing us to knock the ball around in their half but not their penalty box. We had some bits of chances but the lack of cute supply was the main problem. Wolves hoped to catch us on the break which they did giving them the clear cut chances, including one in the last minute. If that had been taken their plan would have been perfect but big teams have big balls and find a way.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:41 pm

Some reporter asked Pep about Aguero and whether he was feeling the pressure as he missed 8 chances. Typically stupid question but if Aguero did miss 8 chances it sort of sums up the night. At least 2 of them were very very good ones too.

We were far from our best and lucky to get through.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby gillie » Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:45 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:Some reporter asked Pep about Aguero and whether he was feeling the pressure as he missed 8 chances. Typically stupid question but if Aguero did miss 8 chances it sort of sums up the night. At least 2 of them were very very good ones too.

After the shambles of the draw part of me kind of wishes Wolves would have scored that last minute chance.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:47 pm

gillie wrote:
Douglas Higginbottom wrote:Some reporter asked Pep about Aguero and whether he was feeling the pressure as he missed 8 chances. Typically stupid question but if Aguero did miss 8 chances it sort of sums up the night. At least 2 of them were very very good ones too.

After the shambles of the draw part of me kind of wishes Wolves would have scored that last minute chance.

I'd be going into the next game with the EDS and when they ask why just say 'If you're gonna take the piss, so can we.'.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum