*** City vs Wolves *** official match thread

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: *** City vs Wolves *** official match thread

Postby london blue 2 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:17 pm

Feel like there is some learning to be had from tonight (and napoli). We can comfortably dominate when we have high energy, but as soon as a little bit of fatigue sets in the oppo begin to successfully pick us off.

Feel like we need a little bit of a back up for when plan A doesn't work and we inevitably tire. Sooner or later teams will take their chances on the break.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Original Dub » Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:22 pm

london blue 2 wrote:Feel like there is some learning to be had from tonight (and napoli). We can comfortably dominate when we have high energy, but as soon as a little bit of fatigue sets in the oppo begin to successfully pick us off.

Feel like we need a little bit of a back up for when plan A doesn't work and we inevitably tire. Sooner or later teams will take their chances on the break.

A back up for our second team?

Hopefully we'll only see that for early cup games.

I don't see anything other than a shock loss for the second team affecting the first team's mentality...
Or performance.
Original Dub

Postby blues2win » Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:39 pm

Gundogan finished the game with ‘some problems’ says Pep. Poor guy. FFS.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby iwasthere2012 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:45 pm

john@staustell wrote:
Whassat wrote:Bravo Bravo Bravo fuckin hell!

Zero to hero

Seem to recall something similar happening Willie.

Could be the making of him.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:03 am

Don't know if it gets a serious mention in here but Kevin Friend needs to be put down! All sorts of bad decisions and no decisions but the 2 occasions where they ended with 1 on 1's with Bravo after Mangala was fouled were scandalous. The first wasn't so obvious but the 2nd was such a blatany foul I was amazed he said play on.

Overall a poor performance by us. Zinchenko can play clearly but from an attacking point on view he seemed to seriously lack confidence or does he just lack quality? Probably better than Sane defensively when asked to defend but so limited in making things happen when in decent positions.

Yaya was functional but so clearly not the Yaya we know and love. Gundo pretty good but I fear the groin injury he seemed to have picked up willl be a problem. Aguero just had one of those nights. Could have scored a few but never looked like he would score tonight for me.

Delighted to get through this one.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Plain Speaking » Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:11 am

Made me keener to get Sanchez in January. Our second string even with Serg, Jesus and Sterling looked very ordinary. We are likely to get injuries as the season progresses and we could do with greater quality back up IMO.
Plain Speaking
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Swales4ever » Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:51 am

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:Don't know if it gets a serious mention in here but Kevin Friend needs to be put down! All sorts of bad decisions and no decisions but the 2 occasions where they ended with 1 on 1's with Bravo after Mangala was fouled were scandalous. The first wasn't so obvious but the 2nd was such a blatany foul I was amazed he said play on.

Overall a poor performance by us. Zinchenko can play clearly but from an attacking point on view he seemed to seriously lack confidence or does he just lack quality? Probably better than Sane defensively when asked to defend but so limited in making things happen when in decent positions.

Yaya was functional but so clearly not the Yaya we know and love. Gundo pretty good but I fear the groin injury he seemed to have picked up willl be a problem. Aguero just had one of those nights. Could have scored a few but never looked like he would score tonight for me.

with all due respect that You, Sir, have earned through long years in the hearts and souls of any decent Blue, particularly those living farther than 100 miles off Carrington.... I must say I find extremely selective the choice of the adjective "serious", there.
Please take it as the greatest of the many compliments I have expressed to You, throughout eight years.
It comes, in fact, from someone who have earned a fat living, over almost three decades, exclusively by careful use of selected words.

PROVIDING THAT IS THE PARIAH THE ONLY ONE WHO HAS EXPRESSED REMARKS TO KEVIN KUND... IT MUST NOT HAVE BEEN SERIOUS!

all I can add is that, I should need to take a long breath before dealing seriously, once and forever, with the issue of half a dozen of lifeless, never grown, bitter, sociopaths.
I will surely start by consulting Bob privately, seeking for advice and leadership: most surely the creator of the greatest City place on earth, deserves the utmost respect since the way I use to judge people is by the quality of what they have produced.

ever since so adamant is that, if someone is convinced that I will retire, for the fourth time, for the sake of avoiding a meltdown on this beloved place.... those someone are seriously deluded.

I shall not allow a clique of disturbed few bullies, to establish their ultimative power to arbitrarily decide who is Blue enough to be accepted!
This time, THE FOURTH, the Pariah will not be bullied off.
Yet again, I have rarely started anything, never for free, but I tend to see off anything and anyone which has started something against me.

Such deluded bunch have untill the end of my peak season to grow adult and respectful enough: by new year I'll have all the time totally focused on the most convincing reaction to their bullishness.
Barring, of course, a civilizing intervention of the Leadership.

1. "unintelligible language"
2. "ACID QUEEN"
3. "never once fails to turn a football thread into a himseelf thread"
4. "thumbs stalker often resulting in repetitive thumb strain"
5. ignore the cunt. he's on permantent wum mission. only TIDs may know City

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
there must be some truth, then!
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Sharia for Spafia
My favourite player is: an intelligent one

Postby zabbadabbado » Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:10 am

I think Guardiola thought we would be far too good to beat Wolves reserves last night, even with the 9 changes, fair enough, I think we all did. No one can criticize him for resting key players with important games coming thick, and fast. This was the only real opportunity to play the fringe players. Thank fuck we won’t see many of them again :shock: ……well until the next round of the Kangaroo Cup :lol: .

Only one to do himself justice was Bravo, he really was impervious in goal, a stunning display by the once habitually hapless keeper. Could be a turning point fin his City career, I hope so.

As for the rest, where do you start after that?. Aguero with yet even more easy misses,still at least he had the Balls to take a penalty after having a stinker of an evening. Raheem effort can not be questioned. Early days I know, but I am still to be convinced Bernado is the real deal, and going to be the natural successor to David Silva, he just seems to be one of those players that looks for the nice easy passes all the time. I don’t see him changing games like Silva does, to be fair all the fringe players were poor,looking for nice easy passes back and to the side, no penetration, a collectively piss poor performance from the lot of them, these players are supposedly hoping to break in to the first team. Mangala has to be the worst buy per £ we ever made, turned inside out buy a second string 19 year old championship player.Mangala thinks he is too good to play for Crystal Palace/West Brom.

The decline of Yaya Toure is staggering :shock: ; it is actually sad watching him hobble around the pitch like a pensioner. I was waiting for someone to run out from the Dug out, with a walking stick and pair of Slippers A fan on another forum said it was like he was playing in a Scuba diving Suit, it is both sad and funny because i think it iis a pretty appropriate description. I think even the MLS might be too much for him .

it was a turgid display, Wolves are unlucky not to be progressing, As Bobby would say “this is Football” fortunately we are the ones going through to the next round after 2 Hours of Football we didn’t want, or need, Penalties,we wanted to avoid and having to play virtually all the players we wanted to rest.

We learned that our squad depth really is dog shit once you take out the quality. It was a reality check seeing what we look like without KDB/Silva in the middle and Stones Ottamandi at the back. Hopefully we can avoid injuries to key players otherwise our entire season could be undermined.
zabbadabbado
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: KDB

Postby blues2win » Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:44 am

Gundogan on Instagram says he’s fine. Just felt the effects of a long game. That’s a relief. He played decently.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:42 am

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:Don't know if it gets a serious mention in here but Kevin Friend needs to be put down! All sorts of bad decisions and no decisions but the 2 occasions where they ended with 1 on 1's with Bravo after Mangala was fouled were scandalous. The first wasn't so obvious but the 2nd was such a blatany foul I was amazed he said play on.

I'm glad someone else saw what I saw with Mangala, the Wolves lad jockeyed him on the first one, knocking him off balance, I was shocked when the lino's flag didn't go up.

A couple of times Zinchenko had opportunities to drive to the byline that he didn't take, frustrating but overall I thought he did well on his debut in an unfamiliar role.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:48 am

Good turnout last night. Wolves fans on the top tier was strange for me having no banter with away fans.

Poor performance and we wouldn't have scored if we were still playing now.

Well done Bravo, top class saves and showed us what we were all expecting him to show when he first arrived.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:21 am

Swales4ever wrote:

with all due respect that You, Sir, have earned through long years in the hearts and souls of any decent Blue, particularly those living farther than 100 miles off Carrington.... I must say I find extremely selective the choice of the adjective "serious", there.
Please take it as the greatest of the many compliments I have expressed to You, throughout eight years.
It comes, in fact, from someone who have earned a fat living, over almost three decades, exclusively by careful use of selected words.

PROVIDING THAT IS THE PARIAH THE ONLY ONE WHO HAS EXPRESSED REMARKS TO KEVIN KUND... IT MUST NOT HAVE BEEN SERIOUS!

all I can add is that, I should need to take a long breath before dealing seriously, once and forever, with the issue of half a dozen of lifeless, never grown, bitter, sociopaths.
I will surely start by consulting Bob privately, seeking for advice and leadership: most surely the creator of the greatest City place on earth, deserves the utmost respect since the way I use to judge people is by the quality of what they have produced.

ever since so adamant is that, if someone is convinced that I will retire, for the fourth time, for the sake of avoiding a meltdown on this beloved place.... those someone are seriously deluded.

I shall not allow a clique of disturbed few bullies, to establish their ultimative power to arbitrarily decide who is Blue enough to be accepted!
Yet again, I have rarely started anything, never for free, but I tend to see off anything and anyone which has started something against me.

Such deluded bunch have untill the end of my peak season to grow adult and respectful enough: by new year I'll have all the time totally focused on the most convincing reaction to their bullishness.

????? Are those words in the right order?
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Dunnylad » Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:47 am

I sometimes wonder if Pep does this to make a point that our strength in depth is a little bit thin and can he have some more money to spend?
"F****d it up,
Shot my Load,
Spewed onto the Motorway Shoulder,
I Could Have Been Somebody Special."
Dunnylad
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Georgi Kinkladze

Postby Original Dub » Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:51 am

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
Swales4ever wrote:

????? Are those words in the right order?

:lol:
Original Dub

Postby Sideshow Bob » Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:02 pm

zabbadabbado wrote:Early days I know, but I am still to be convinced Bernado is the real deal, and going to be the natural successor to David Silva, he just seems to be one of those players that looks for the nice easy passes all the time.

that's the main thing for me and the reason ive slagged him off in match threads. he doesnt look to have the speed of thought required for our 1-touch pass and move stuff. not to mention, wtf happened to that amazing close control/dribbling we thought we were buying?? loses possession a lot. maybe he will grow into the role and make me look bad. hope so.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby john@staustell » Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:21 pm

Sideshow Bob wrote:
zabbadabbado wrote:Early days I know, but I am still to be convinced Bernado is the real deal, and going to be the natural successor to David Silva, he just seems to be one of those players that looks for the nice easy passes all the time.

that's the main thing for me and the reason ive slagged him off in match threads. he doesnt look to have the speed of thought required for our 1-touch pass and move stuff. not to mention, wtf happened to that amazing close control/dribbling we thought we were buying?? loses possession a lot. maybe he will grow into the role and make me look bad. hope so.

Don't think he'd ever make the absolute first XI unless people are injured. But, a little bit like Gundogan, he's one of those people that can potentially run through and unlock defences, either by himself or by a quick one-two. We are building up a few players like that whereas once upon a time it was only Nasri - who was obviously a bit hit and miss!
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Swales4ever » Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:49 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:????? Are those words in the right order?

well... :roll: :roll: :roll:
if You insists to put it that way, I'd say:
it pretty much depends on the standard You set for Your moral standing: You know... looking at Your face in the mirror before resting at night... and all that old crap.

You know, much to my dismay ... I belong to a country where it's fair due being morally very flexible, providing that a s.c. "well respected member" of the community pack will tap a washing hand on your shoulder... You've made a perfect act of a Catholic standard, there.
Under the unfazed watch of moderators online, I must note again.

on specific note, I reckon Your late teacher would struggle to renew Your fifth grade on English language, mr. Higginbottom.
but this is just as preposterous as the general narrative put forward by the underground clique You have freely choosen to side on.

much to Your public shame, and my personal,sincere sadness, I may add.
Last edited by Swales4ever on Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

1. "unintelligible language"
2. "ACID QUEEN"
3. "never once fails to turn a football thread into a himseelf thread"
4. "thumbs stalker often resulting in repetitive thumb strain"
5. ignore the cunt. he's on permantent wum mission. only TIDs may know City

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
there must be some truth, then!
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Sharia for Spafia
My favourite player is: an intelligent one

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:54 pm

Sideshow Bob wrote:

We need to give him longer and remember that Sane only really looked the part after Xmas last year.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:01 pm

Hutch's Shoulder wrote:
Sideshow Bob wrote:

We need to give him longer and remember that Sane only really looked the part after Xmas last year.

Yep, it took El Mago a while to get going too, it was around this time that season that he started to settle, and that was also after a consistent run of games in the side.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby BlueinBosnia » Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:04 pm

Swales4ever wrote:It comes, in fact, from someone who have earned a fat living, over almost three decades, exclusively by careful use of selected words.

I guess food must be really cheap in Italy.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum