England in the final of U17 World Cup

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

England in the final of U17 World Cup

Postby JamieMCFC » Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:29 pm

England beat Brazil 3-1 to reach the final. They will either play Mali or Spain in the final. City youngsters Foden, Anderson and Latibeaudiere were starters today.
JamieMCFC
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Re: England in the final of U17 World Cup

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:02 pm

Sadly missed the game but from what I heard ( Tim Vickery) Foden was fantastic.

Will make sure I watch the final on Saturday. I still find it weird that Sancho was called back by Dortmund to play for them rather than playing in the final stages of a world cup.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Nigels Tackle » Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:13 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:Sadly missed the game but from what I heard ( Tim Vickery) Foden was fantastic.

Will make sure I watch the final on Saturday. I still find it weird that Sancho was called back by Dortmund to play for them rather than playing in the final stages of a world cup.

he made his bundasliga debut on saturday
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Justified logic » Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:57 pm

Live on BBC2 (except Scotland :D) on Saturday, 28th October from 15:20. Kick off 15:30.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b09fbtfw
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Justified logic » Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:00 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:
Douglas Higginbottom wrote:Sadly missed the game but from what I heard ( Tim Vickery) Foden was fantastic.

he made his bundasliga debut on saturday

He also played in UEFA Youth League last week, and scored.
Justified logic

Postby nottsblue » Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:31 pm

Justified logic wrote:Live on BBC2 (except Scotland :D) on Saturday, 28th October from 15:20. Kick off 15:30.

Presumably the folks up in Scotland don't have much concept of a tournament whereby teams representing their countries play each other in a round robin format, then onto a knockout phase culminating in a final between the likely two best teams?
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Justified logic » Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:37 pm

nottsblue wrote:
Justified logic wrote:Live on BBC2 (except Scotland :D) on Saturday, 28th October from 15:20. Kick off 15:30.

Presumably the folks up in Scotland don't have much concept of a tournament whereby teams representing their countries play each other in a round robin format, then onto a knockout phase culminating in a final between the likely two best teams?

I thought it might be the age thing.
Justified logic

Postby Nickyboy » Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:59 am

Foden getting loads of plaudits for his performances for England. We should really be looking to keep him in and around the match day squad all season.

If we're going to be dominating games and be out of sight we should really be giving him 20/30 minutes to help his development.

I know we have a lot of fringe players to keep happy but if a lad this talented and local breaks through he can be a talisman at the club for years
Nickyboy
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby BlueinBosnia » Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:35 am

nottsblue wrote:

Here's a stat for you - the last time that Scotland played in a major international tournament, none of the kids playing out in India were born.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:45 am

The 3 city lads are all doing very well. If they win, it will be Latibeaudiere who will be lifting the trophy. Foden was excellent yesterday and got many pundits MOTM which is amazing when you see that Brewster scored a hat trick.

There is no doubt Foden would have started on Tuesday night against Wolves if he was not in India. Maybe he will start the next round against.....
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby CuteMancs » Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:17 am

Wonderwall wrote:The 3 city lads are all doing very well. If they win, it will be Latibeaudiere who will be lifting the trophy. Foden was excellent yesterday and got many pundits MOTM which is amazing when you see that Brewster scored a hat trick.

There is no doubt Foden would have started on Tuesday night against Wolves if he was not in India. Maybe he will start the next round against.....

Chavs away is my guess !

I usually treat my body like a temple. Last night I treated mine like a whorehouse above a liquor store next to a motherfucking Taco Bell.
CuteMancs
De Jong's Tackle

Postby patrickblue » Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:12 am

nottsblue wrote:

I should imagine Queen Nicola 1st vetoed it.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Dameerto » Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:55 am

He played like a right-sided Sane for most of the match, before being moved inside when they made a sub. He was England's most potent attacking threat (in a match where someone else scored a hattrick too)
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby johnny crossan » Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:29 pm

Dameerto wrote:

He played like a right-sided Sane for most of the match, before being moved inside when they made a sub. He was England's most potent attacking threat (in a match where someone else scored a hattrick too)

the Brazil coach went out of his way to congratulate him when he was subbed off near the end to great acclaim by the huge crowd.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby zuricity » Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:40 pm

johnny crossan wrote:
Dameerto wrote:

the Brazil coach went out of his way to congratulate him when he was subbed off near the end to great acclaim by the huge crowd.

Good job that photo was in the fail, can you imagine what the Sun would produce if they snatched that headline!
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:55 pm

Wonderwall wrote:The 3 city lads are all doing very well. If they win, it will be Latibeaudiere who will be lifting the trophy. Foden was excellent yesterday and got many pundits MOTM which is amazing when you see that Brewster scored a hat trick.

No, no, no, the captain will only be mentioned if/when the pot is passed to the Rag player!

However, sod the bollox, a massive well done to the lads, and I mean all of them.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Justified logic » Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:06 pm

Looking forward to Foden lining up for City!
Justified logic

Postby johnny crossan » Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:01 pm

Wonderwall wrote:There is no doubt Foden would have started on Tuesday night against Wolves if he was not in India. Maybe he will start the next round against.....
Bernardo should be worried, they have the same game but Foden is a yard quicker.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby JamieMCFC » Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:56 pm

Wonderwall wrote:There is no doubt Foden would have started on Tuesday night against Wolves if he was not in India. Maybe he will start the next round against.....

JamieMCFC
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:00 pm

johnny crossan wrote:
Bernardo should be worried, they have the same game but Foden is a yard quicker.

What makes you think Foden is a yard quicker?
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum