League Cup quarter-final draw

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: League Cup quarter-final draw

Postby South Stand Balti » Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:04 pm

City64 wrote:I'm on holiday in sunny Cyprus and general opinion here is the draw was bent as fuck . How the fuck can you do a quarter final draw via fucking twitter ???

Anyways 78 temp here , beer bang on .......... sorry lads ! :-D :-D

Fucking freezing in Wigan :D
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Mase » Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:17 pm

South Stand Balti wrote:
City64 wrote:I'm on holiday in sunny Cyprus and general opinion here is the draw was bent as fuck . How the fuck can you do a quarter final draw via fucking twitter ???

It was 5 this morning in Winstanley! Opened the door to let the dog out and shut it straight away.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby BlueinBosnia » Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:20 pm

Mase wrote:
South Stand Balti wrote:

It was 5 this morning in Winstanley! Opened the door to let the dog out and shut it straight away.

2 degrees here when I woke up. However, it's not uncommon for the weather to change by close to 40 degrees in 48 hours in late autumn and early spring, so it could be anything from -5 to +28 over the weekend.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby johnny crossan » Fri Oct 27, 2017 1:14 pm

Mase wrote:It was 5 this morning in Winstanley! Opened the door to let the dog out and shut it straight away.

frightening
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Swales4ever » Fri Oct 27, 2017 1:31 pm

Interestin research by BiB, and JL's tables too.

To me, more than a H/A fuss is about the quality of oppositions drawn to Manure, as compared to City.
To Beefy's point above, season after season is gonna cost City a much bigger fortune in terms of fatigue, to go through what is proving. every season more, a pointless minor competion, totally bent to marketing purposes.

If it was on me, I'd get rid of the second cup and offer England NT the chance to land on summer major comps with a more fair situation in terms of legs fitness.
As things stand now, I'd encourage Pep to organize, on weekly training methodical basis, a less experimental side, mixing a fair dose of most prominent Youth with the senior experience of some of the less frequent starters among 1st teamers. And use such side for the whole competion. on long term might be a worthier punt than either stress 1st teamers fatigue or totally surrender the cup intentionally.

Phil Foden is a league on his own: he must (and think he will) be given regular opportunities to cement his place among 1st teamers: maybe starting by coming on for established seniores, at any given opportunity arising from games progress, as others suggested.
============================================

EDIT:
what our boring weekdays will be without the commendable contribution of JC's theater?
dont wanna even think about it. :D

1. "unintelligible language"
2. "ACID QUEEN"
3. "never once fails to turn a football thread into a himseelf thread"
4. "thumbs stalker often resulting in repetitive thumb strain"
5. ignore the cunt. he's on permantent wum mission. only TIDs may know City

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
there must be some truth, then!
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Sharia for Spafia
My favourite player is: an intelligent one

Postby BlueinBosnia » Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:57 am

Swales4ever wrote:Interestin research by BiB, and JL's tables too.

To me, more than a H/A fuss is about the quality of oppositions drawn to Manure, as compared to City.

There may be something there. Then again, I'd be loathe to call this a 'City - United' issue. I'm sure teams like West Brom and Everton may have had even less fortune than us. It certainly does seem as if the Rags get incredibly good fortune, but, then again, this may just be the way their games are promoted/advertised within the media. A straight up comparison of opponents drawn by us, them, and 3 or 4 other Prem clubs chosen at random would be the only way to really judge this properly.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:20 am

BlueinBosnia wrote:

There may be something there. Then again, I'd be loathe to call this a 'City - United' issue. I'm sure teams like West Brom and Everton may have had even less fortune than us. It certainly does seem as if the Rags get incredibly good fortune, but, then again, this may just be the way their games are promoted/advertised within the media. A straight up comparison of opponents drawn by us, them, and 3 or 4 other Prem clubs chosen at random would be the only way to really judge this properly.

I am very much of the opinion that the 'Agenda' is all about promoting one club over others, and that's the Rags. This 'Agenda' then falls exponentially for each club that has supported their rise during the Premier League era.

Of late, there's got to be a reason they always seem to get the easier draws, and it can't just be down to luck.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Swales4ever » Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:38 am

BlueinBosnia wrote:

I reckon You are right, once again and thank You for pointing out my evident lack of humbleness, there.
to my only excuse I think I am honest if saying that my attitude is not to actual disrespect fans of clubs currently less blessed than us, rather than my obsession at willing to see the evil workship of the Munchens, finally and totally obscured by a blue cloud (or, maybe better, rainbow) .

However, and not deeming to deflect anything from my sin, I see that even in Your righteous call to sportsmanship is the evidence of a more absorbing fact: this competion (EFC) has come to such an extent of promotional/advertising benting that debating of sportsmanship to/on it, I don't know how relevant it may be, now.

1. "unintelligible language"
2. "ACID QUEEN"
3. "never once fails to turn a football thread into a himseelf thread"
4. "thumbs stalker often resulting in repetitive thumb strain"
5. ignore the cunt. he's on permantent wum mission. only TIDs may know City

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
there must be some truth, then!
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Sharia for Spafia
My favourite player is: an intelligent one

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum