League Cup quarter-final draw

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: League Cup quarter-final draw

Postby budfox » Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:10 pm

Bent as you like.

The odds of the big four avoiding each other are around 9/1, so whilst not beyond the realms of possibility, I'd say it's almost certainly fixed.
budfox
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Kev

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:17 pm

Why are they showing a pre-recorded draw?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Justified logic » Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:18 pm

As this draw was so opaque, we have to allow the possibility it was fixed. Dawson & Tuffnell have lost integrity.
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Justified logic » Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:18 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:Why are they showing a pre-recorded draw?

"a" being the operative word.
Justified logic

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:39 pm

Justified logic wrote:

I honestly have no interest in this cup anymore. It's sold to the highest bidder who then get to choose who they want going forward. You can imagine them, doing test draws and then using the one that they wanted to show to the world. Absolute farce and goes a long way to showing people how a draw can be fixed to suit a sponsors agenda.

Some people thought that football had sold its soul, now everybody knows it. And it was for a pittance.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby gillie » Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:41 pm

What a fuckin bent shambles that draw was almost all blues on twitter called the rags opponents before the draw was made and Carabao did not disappoint.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:41 pm

Justified logic wrote:As this draw was so opaque, we have to allow the possibility it was fixed. Dawson & Tuffnell have lost integrity.

Or they could just have been pawns in it all.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby patrickblue » Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:51 pm

gillie wrote:What a fuckin bent shambles that draw was almost all blues on twitter called the rags opponents before the draw was made and Carabao did not disappoint.

I should imagine the entire country knew the rags would get the only non prem side in the draw.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:52 pm

patrickblue wrote:
gillie wrote:What a fuckin bent shambles that draw was almost all blues on twitter called the rags opponents before the draw was made and Carabao did not disappoint.

I should imagine the entire country knew the rags would get the only non prem side in the draw.

I'm just amazed they're not at home!

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:55 pm

nottsblue wrote:Has no one at the Carabao HQ got the gumption to simply write the names of the eight remaining teams on a folded post it note and put them into an envelope to be drawn out?

What a fuck up.

By the way, what do Carabao actually do?

Would that be a brown envelope NB ??
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Swales4ever » Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:59 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
Justified logic wrote:

I honestly have no interest in this cup anymore. It's sold to the highest bidder who then get to choose who they want going forward. You can imagine them, doing test draws and then using the one that they wanted to show to the world. Absolute farce and goes a long way to showing people how a draw can be fixed to suit a sponsors agenda.

Some people thought that football had sold its soul, now everybody knows it. And it was for a pittance.

Agreed, mate.

but then why don't consider a step further and spare the whole of that little meaning, additional fatigue, at least for the sake of the players of England NT interest?

I've been convinced for ages that the only possible reason why the inventors of the game, having the best league in the world, are so incredibly underachieving at international level is by large due to that fatigue, additional to the already most demanding season among the leading fooballing countries.

I understand the sentiments of English fans: love the game and you just can't get enough, but this has got pointless since a while.
then, as you mention in the other thread, You can always go and enjoy more pure forms of football.

1. "unintelligible language"
2. "ACID QUEEN"
3. "never once fails to turn a football thread into a himseelf thread"
4. "thumbs stalker often resulting in repetitive thumb strain"
5. ignore the cunt. he's on permantent wum mission. only TIDs may know City

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
there must be some truth, then!
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Sharia for Spafia
My favourite player is: an intelligent one

Postby Mase » Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:14 pm

Sad bastards.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Sideshow Bob » Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:37 pm

despicable. if i were a "smaller" club, i'd refuse to participate in the stupid competition at all. ratings and money above all else as per.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby johnny crossan » Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:43 pm

Has anyone buttonholed Tuffers or Dawson and asked them to verify how many takes it took to get this outcome?
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:50 pm

Swales4ever wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
Justified logic wrote:

Agreed, mate.

but then why don't consider a step further and spare the whole of that little meaning, additional fatigue, at least for the sake of the players of England NT interest?

I've been convinced for ages that the only possible reason why the inventors of the game, having the best league in the world, are so incredibly underachieving at international level is by large due to that fatigue, additional to the already most demanding season among the leading fooballing countries.

I understand the sentiments of English fans: love the game and you just can't get enough, but this has got pointless since a while.
then, as you mention in the other thread, You can always go and enjoy more pure forms of football.

It's not really about the NT, as you put it, but it's definitely about the fatigue. In order to beat a PL, never mind one of Leicester's status, you have to use the majority of your best players as they run you ragged, so have to control the game. Whereas, playing a team like Bristol allows you to play a second string, somewhat, saving your 1st teams legs for bigger games. Add to that the 2 legged semi in January, why would a club who is fighting for the top spots put out a team that could diminish their whole of season form?

For me, this is the time to say that we will give up the cup in favour of bigger fish. It's not a big deal as we've done it for the last few years in the cup games, when we seem to get big games or unrealistic fixture dates that could hinder us elsewhere.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby johnny crossan » Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:57 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:It's not really about the NT, as you put it, but it's definitely about the fatigue. In order to beat a PL, never mind one of Leicester's status, you have to use the majority of your best players as they run you ragged, so have to control the game. Whereas, playing a team like Bristol allows you to play a second string, somewhat, saving your 1st teams legs for bigger games. Add to that the 2 legged semi in January, why would a club who is fighting for the top spots put out a team that could diminish their whole of season form?

For me, this is the time to say that we will give up the cup in favour of bigger fish. It's not a big deal as we've done it for the last few years in the cup games, when we seem to get big games or unrealistic fixture dates that could hinder us elsewhere.

Two legged semi Beefy? I thought it was a single game at Wembley.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Justified logic » Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:58 pm

johnny crossan wrote:Has anyone buttonholed Tuffers or Dawson and asked them to verify how many takes it took to get this outcome?

I tried with Dawson, along with some others, but no response as yet. Mind you, Twitter is like a #f0r£Ign linga franca to me.
Justified logic

Postby Justified logic » Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:01 pm

johnny crossan wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:It's not really about the NT, as you put it, but it's definitely about the fatigue. In order to beat a PL, never mind one of Leicester's status, you have to use the majority of your best players as they run you ragged, so have to control the game. Whereas, playing a team like Bristol allows you to play a second string, somewhat, saving your 1st teams legs for bigger games. Add to that the 2 legged semi in January, why would a club who is fighting for the top spots put out a team that could diminish their whole of season form?

Have they changed it this year?

I was looking forward to a game in London against Chelsea or Arsenal before the final in London against the rags.
Justified logic

Postby johnny crossan » Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:07 pm

Justified logic wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:

I was looking forward to a game in London against Chelsea or Arsenal before the final in London against the rags.

Beefy is right JL, I've confused it with the FA cup, sorry for the swerve ball.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Justified logic » Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:17 pm

johnny crossan wrote:
Justified logic wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:

Beefy is right JL, I've confused it with the FA cup, sorry for the swerve ball.

Still looking forward to another trip to Wembley having missed the Liverpool final because I didn't switch my mobile on and consequently ddn't get notification of an available ticket. #TechDinosaur :lol:
Justified logic

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum