***napoli v city official cl match thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***napoli v city official cl match thread***

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:13 am

Manchester City - we play football whenever we want.

Say no more.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby london blue 2 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:37 am

Beefymcfc wrote:Oh my fucking giddy aunt, Lee Dixon has just admitted that he's a City fan! It must now have dawned on him that we're the real deal.

Well done son, the media is a'changing.

He can fuck off. The other day he was saying he's a gooner
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Dub City » Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:48 am

phips wrote:
blues2win wrote:Pep says Napoli completely destroyed City in first 20 minutes but delighted at reaction. A very difficult away match but we need to start stronger in future. That said what a result, what a performance!

agreed on all fronts.

i anticipated losing this like 3-1 or something so i was very worried watching those first 20 minutes when Napoli dominated us.
very impressive win today. Sane and Stones were great today.

hopefully Kevin's shocker today ended when the match ended as we'll need him at his best vs. Arsenal. also hope Sane's injury isn't serious.

since we've qualified the only remaining agenda should be: top the group and De Bruyne must get a yellow in the next match.

Hopefully Sane was just tiredness. He didn't look injured running to jump on Raheem when the 4th went in
Dub City
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Postby Justified logic » Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:31 am

Ghoulam went off nursing his knee. We'll have him!
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Justified logic » Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:53 am

Watch on youtube.com
Justified logic

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:41 am

The speed of the counter attack for kuns record breaker was a fantastic sight. We were 5 on 3 and Napoli looked knackered trying to catch up to the play. They tired in the last 10 and we played keep ball to keep them using up their final reserves of energy whilst we took a breather.

Amazing result, unbelievable game to watch. Proper exciting edge of the seat football. Compare that to what's being played at the swamp, oh my word what a gulf in football.

Bring on the gooners.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Sister of fu » Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:26 am

Justified logic wrote:Ghoulam went off nursing his knee. We'll have him!

Was a report circling that he’s done his ACL. That would be a shame as he would be a good addition if we could get him.
Sister of fu
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby blues2win » Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:35 am

He has done his right ACL. Aaron Martin? I hope Maffeo comes into the equation next season. Danilo blocks the way though.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Justified logic » Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:44 am

blues2win wrote:He has done his right ACL. Aaron Martin? I hope Maffeo comes into the equation next season. Danilo blocks the way though.

Maffeo plays on the right. I'd certainly like to see him as understudy to Walker.

Danilo and Delphinho are very useful utility players and with 25 in the squad, consisting of cover for each position and a third goalie that leaves two places free for them (before considering youths that don't need to be squad-registered). So Maffeo and a dedicated LWB please Pep.
Justified logic

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:23 pm

Wonderwall wrote:The speed of the counter attack for kuns record breaker was a fantastic sight. We were 5 on 3 and Napoli looked knackered trying to catch up to the play. They tired in the last 10 and we played keep ball to keep them using up their final reserves of energy whilst we took a breather.

Amazing result, unbelievable game to watch. Proper exciting edge of the seat football. Compare that to what's being played at the swamp, oh my word what a gulf in football.

Bring on the gooners.

We're better placed this season to hand out a footballing lesson to Mourhino's mediocre mob, than last season in that first half at the Swamp.

If we can completely dismantle and dissect them, especially in their own back yard, the effect could be of seismic proportions for the rest of the League campaign.

Can you imagine the thoughts that would go through the minds of Scum fans, as we played football from a different stratosphere, compared to the tedious drivel they have to suffer ??
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby blues2win » Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:49 pm

I know Maffeo plays on the right. It just seems obvious that Pep isn’t thrilled about Danilo playing on the left and that he’s there primarily as a back up for Walker. I’d like to see Maffeo given that slot next year.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby bobadji » Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:01 pm

that might be the best game of football I've ever seen

The quality, from both teams, was insane, I can't think of a misplaced pass.

We were just better! Napoli would've beaten 90% of the CL entrants with a performance like that.

Genuinely brilliant to watch, from both sides
bobadji
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Ned

Postby Chinners » Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:06 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:Oh my fucking giddy aunt, Lee Dixon has just admitted that he's a City fan! It must now have dawned on him that we're the real deal.

He's always been a City fan, often said that he always wanted to play at Maine Road in a City shirt.
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby Mase » Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:29 pm

Chinners wrote:

He's always been a City fan, often said that he always wanted to play at Maine Road in a City shirt.

He said when Seaman signed for City he left him a voicemail singing blue moon.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Chinners » Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:39 pm

Mase wrote:
Chinners wrote:

He said when Seaman signed for City he left him a voicemail singing blue moon.

Ha ha, quality, not heard that one
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby iwasthere2012 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:16 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:The speed of the counter attack for kuns record breaker was a fantastic sight. We were 5 on 3 and Napoli looked knackered trying to catch up to the play. They tired in the last 10 and we played keep ball to keep them using up their final reserves of energy whilst we took a breather.

Bring on the gooners.

We're better placed this season to hand out a footballing lesson to Mourhino's mediocre mob, than last season in that first half at the Swamp.

If we can completely dismantle and dissect them, especially in their own back yard, the effect could be of seismic proportions for the rest of the League campaign.

Can you imagine the thoughts that would go through the minds of Scum fans, as we played football from a different stratosphere, compared to the tedious drivel they have to suffer ??

I am strangely confident and have been for a while that this is going to happen.
It's a bit discomforting for me, but I really do think we could embarrass them.
Certainly if they don't get a helping hand and if they're not allowed kick lumps out of us.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:19 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:

Bring on the gooners.

Don't underestimate the power of mourinho to drag teams down to his level. The swamp will be a long ball feat with big nose, the £99m hair stylist, Mr big penis and big brush all targets for hoofball.

Plus the elbows will be flying. It's a dead cert.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Sideshow Bob » Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:24 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:If we can completely dismantle and dissect them, especially in their own back yard, the effect could be of seismic proportions for the rest of the League campaign.

in fairness if you go on ragcafe (shame on me), most of them will agree we're a better team atm.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:35 pm

Moaninho will try to set up a team to stop City a la Anfield and then hope to change things a little if he sees us tiring or losing shape or whatever. Absolutely no doubt at all they will have two attacking tactics. Long ball for either Lukaku to hold up/flick on and hope one of their fast guys can run onto it or the main one of hoof ball to their redwoods.

We are simply a miles better footballing team than they are and their fans will be bricking it with 6.1 still in their minds. If we get it right we will win of that there is no doubt but if we are not quite at it and the ref lets them get away with spoiling tactics and makes bad decisions the game could be in the balance.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby City64 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:50 pm

Rags are shite and Maureen is a clapped out boring cunt the end . Arsenal on Sunday is huge ! a win for us could see us 8 points clear already ......... it's all good everyone !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum