Trivia question

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Trivia question

Postby patrickblue » Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:15 pm

Also, it was a very different game then, with the unsavoury actions of players like Tommy Smith and Norman Hunter openly applauded.
We shall not flag or fail.
We shall go on to the end.
We shall never surrender!
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser
 
Posts: 4352
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2005 9:49 pm
Location: Newbury Berks
Supporter of: City

Re: Trivia question

Postby frankswift » Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:35 pm

Swales4ever wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:It was out and out, pre-meditated thuggery, taking place near the touchline, only a few yards away from where I was standing.

Best launched himself with both feet and Pardoe had to be rushed to hospital, coming within a few minutes of losing his leg.

Totally disgusting and on a par with Buchan and Colin the King.

Thanks Doc.
I then stand tutored and forced to revise my sentimental recollection of the sparkling loon.
jutst another rag, then. :oops:


What struck me most about George Best was how frit he was of Doyley - he used to bottle it at Maine Road whenever I saw him. Apart from once and, ironically, it was at Glyn's testimonial game and he was playing for the City XI in sky blue.
User avatar
frankswift
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy
 
Posts: 408
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:54 pm
Supporter of: Take a wild guess
My favourite player is: Mike Doyle

Re: Trivia question

Postby frankswift » Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:52 pm

nottsblue wrote:https://youtu.be/qOEDiBNPu00

Malcolm Allison showing more class in ten minutes than Wenger and/or Mourinho would do in a career.


Thanks for that, NB.

"Mike loves to score at the Stretford End - there he goes..."
User avatar
frankswift
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy
 
Posts: 408
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:54 pm
Supporter of: Take a wild guess
My favourite player is: Mike Doyle

Re: Trivia question

Postby Swales4ever » Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:51 pm

frankswift wrote:
Swales4ever wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:It was out and out, pre-meditated thuggery, taking place near the touchline, only a few yards away from where I was standing.

Best launched himself with both feet and Pardoe had to be rushed to hospital, coming within a few minutes of losing his leg.

Totally disgusting and on a par with Buchan and Colin the King.

Thanks Doc.
I then stand tutored and forced to revise my sentimental recollection of the sparkling loon.
jutst another rag, then. :oops:


What struck me most about George Best was how frit he was of Doyley - he used to bottle it at Maine Road whenever I saw him. Apart from once and, ironically, it was at Glyn's testimonial game and he was playing for the City XI in sky blue.

Cheers mate, on Your valuable recollection. much appreciated.
that pretty much more accorded to the idea of Bestie I had.

But when MC speaks, even when litle off the edge of his true sentiments towards the rags, ;) I've learnt to listen carefully and stand tutored.

1. "unintelligible language"
2. "ACID QUEEN"
3. "never once fails to turn a football thread into a himseelf thread"
4. "thumbs stalker often resulting in repetitive thumb strain"

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...


In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
there must be some truth, then!
User avatar
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills
 
Posts: 6796
Joined: Thu Dec 24, 2009 3:18 am
Location: On the Edge of Insanity
Supporter of: Sharia for Spafia
My favourite player is: an intelligent one

Re: Trivia question

Postby Mase » Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:53 pm

So is it Willow Flood then?
Image
Mase
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes
 
Posts: 15046
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:08 pm
Location: The North Pole.
Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Re: Trivia question

Postby Swales4ever » Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:00 pm

Mase wrote:So is it Willow Flood then?

nah... pay more attention :ugeek:
viewtopic.php?f=119&t=53173&start=15

1. "unintelligible language"
2. "ACID QUEEN"
3. "never once fails to turn a football thread into a himseelf thread"
4. "thumbs stalker often resulting in repetitive thumb strain"

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...


In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
there must be some truth, then!
User avatar
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills
 
Posts: 6796
Joined: Thu Dec 24, 2009 3:18 am
Location: On the Edge of Insanity
Supporter of: Sharia for Spafia
My favourite player is: an intelligent one

Re: Trivia question

Postby johnny crossan » Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:12 pm

Swales4ever wrote:
Mase wrote:So is it Willow Flood then?

nah... pay more attention :ugeek:
viewtopic.php?f=119&t=53173&start=15

nah try this
http://www.mancityfans.net/mcfnet/viewtopic.php?f=119&t=51914&hilit=+shortest
Gary James' list
Terry Phelan 5ft 8
Georgi Kinkladze 5ft 8
Paul Sugrue 5ft 7
Mike Quigley 5ft 6
Mark Ward 5ft 6
Paul Dickov 5ft 5.6
Asa Hartford 5ft 5.5
Paul Hince 5ft 5
SWP 5ft 5
Bobby Johnstone 5ft 5
Sandy Turnbull 5ft 5
Fred "Tiny" Fayers 5ft 4.5
Herbert "Mighty Atom" Burgess 5ft 4.25
Jimmy Hope 5ft 4.25
John McBride (1890s) 5ft 4




Obviously I've left out the answer! :D
Last edited by johnny crossan on Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image
User avatar
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser
 
Posts: 4221
Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:25 am
Location: The Barcelona of The North
Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Eddy

Re: Trivia question

Postby Swales4ever » Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:20 pm

:( getting kicked off line every 10 mins or so... ;)
anyway still 31 names?

1. "unintelligible language"
2. "ACID QUEEN"
3. "never once fails to turn a football thread into a himseelf thread"
4. "thumbs stalker often resulting in repetitive thumb strain"

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...


In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
there must be some truth, then!
User avatar
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills
 
Posts: 6796
Joined: Thu Dec 24, 2009 3:18 am
Location: On the Edge of Insanity
Supporter of: Sharia for Spafia
My favourite player is: an intelligent one

Re: Trivia question

Postby zuricity » Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:21 pm

johnny crossan wrote:
Swales4ever wrote:
Mase wrote:So is it Willow Flood then?

nah... pay more attention :ugeek:
viewtopic.php?f=119&t=53173&start=15

nah try this
http://www.mancityfans.net/mcfnet/viewtopic.php?f=119&t=51914&hilit=+shortest
Gary James' list

Paul Dickov 5ft 5.6
Asa Hartford 5ft 5.5
Paul Hince 5ft 5
SWP 5ft 5
Bobby Johnstone 5ft 5
Fred "Tiny" Fayers 5ft 4.5
Herbert "Mighty Atom" Burgess 5ft 4.25
Jimmy Hope 5ft 4.25
John McBride (1890s) 5ft 4
Sandy Turnbull 5ft 5
Mike Quigley 5ft 6
Terry Phelan 5ft 8
Georgi Kinkladze 5ft 8
Mark Ward 5ft 6
Paul Sugrue 5ft 7

Obviously I've left out the answer! :D


means nothing to me
Midge Ure ?
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Denis Law's Backheel
 
Posts: 9359
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2005 10:54 pm
Location: Zuerich,ch

Re: Trivia question

Postby johnny crossan » Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:28 pm

zuricity wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:
Swales4ever wrote:
Mase wrote:So is it Willow Flood then?

nah... pay more attention :ugeek:
viewtopic.php?f=119&t=53173&start=15

nah try this
http://www.mancityfans.net/mcfnet/viewtopic.php?f=119&t=51914&hilit=+shortest
Gary James' list

Paul Dickov 5ft 5.6
Asa Hartford 5ft 5.5
Paul Hince 5ft 5
SWP 5ft 5
Bobby Johnstone 5ft 5
Fred "Tiny" Fayers 5ft 4.5
Herbert "Mighty Atom" Burgess 5ft 4.25
Jimmy Hope 5ft 4.25
John McBride (1890s) 5ft 4
Sandy Turnbull 5ft 5
Mike Quigley 5ft 6
Terry Phelan 5ft 8
Georgi Kinkladze 5ft 8
Mark Ward 5ft 6
Paul Sugrue 5ft 7

Obviously I've left out the answer! :D


means nothing to me
Midge Ure ?

football means nothing to him either apparently but he is 5ft 5
Last edited by johnny crossan on Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image
User avatar
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser
 
Posts: 4221
Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:25 am
Location: The Barcelona of The North
Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Eddy

Re: Trivia question

Postby Swales4ever » Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:28 pm

[quote="johnny crossan"]
http://www.mancityfans.net/mcfnet/viewtopic.php?f=119&t=51914&hilit=+shortest

Kun Aguero
the Goat
Big Mouth nial queen
Yaya
MVF
Carlito welcome to Manc
Bellers
Anelka
Uwe Rossler
Shaunie WP
Robbie Fowler
Supercunt Ireland
Adebayor
darius Vassell
Mario
nacho man
Johnson
Andy cole
Raheem
Dave the wizard
Paul Walsh
Dzeko
Le-Roy Sane
Bernie Silver
Robino
el tiburon
martin petrov

atm I miss 4 according to subject trivia

1. "unintelligible language"
2. "ACID QUEEN"
3. "never once fails to turn a football thread into a himseelf thread"
4. "thumbs stalker often resulting in repetitive thumb strain"

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...


In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
there must be some truth, then!
User avatar
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills
 
Posts: 6796
Joined: Thu Dec 24, 2009 3:18 am
Location: On the Edge of Insanity
Supporter of: Sharia for Spafia
My favourite player is: an intelligent one

Re: Trivia question

Postby johnny crossan » Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:31 pm

Swales4ever wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:http://www.mancityfans.net/mcfnet/viewtopic.php?f=119&t=51914&hilit=+shortest

Kun Aguero
the Goat
Big Mouth nial queen
Yaya
MVF
Carlito welcome to Manc
Bellers
Anelka
Uwe Rossler
Shaunie WP
Robbie Fowler
Supercunt Ireland
Adebayor
darius Vassell
Mario
nacho man
Johnson
Andy cole
Raheem
Dave the wizard
Paul Walsh
Dzeko
Le-Roy Sane
Bernie Silver
Robino
el tiburon
martin petrov

now you're just causing edits to appear on my posts by coming up with random lists S4e - poor form.
All of them are wrong as you surely know already.
Image
User avatar
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser
 
Posts: 4221
Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:25 am
Location: The Barcelona of The North
Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Eddy

Re: Trivia question

Postby Swales4ever » Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:32 pm

johnny crossan wrote:
zuricity wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:
Swales4ever wrote:
Mase wrote:So is it Willow Flood then?

nah... pay more attention :ugeek:
viewtopic.php?f=119&t=53173&start=15

nah try this
http://www.mancityfans.net/mcfnet/viewtopic.php?f=119&t=51914&hilit=+shortest
Gary James' list

Paul Dickov 5ft 5.6
Asa Hartford 5ft 5.5
Paul Hince 5ft 5
SWP 5ft 5
Bobby Johnstone 5ft 5
Fred "Tiny" Fayers 5ft 4.5
Herbert "Mighty Atom" Burgess 5ft 4.25
Jimmy Hope 5ft 4.25
John McBride (1890s) 5ft 4
Sandy Turnbull 5ft 5
Mike Quigley 5ft 6
Terry Phelan 5ft 8
Georgi Kinkladze 5ft 8
Mark Ward 5ft 6
Paul Sugrue 5ft 7

Obviously I've left out the answer! :D


means nothing to me
Midge Ure ?

football means nothing to him either apparently but he is 5ft 5

are you both trying to take the piss? midge ure isnt a football City player. and he's also a Scot if I am not mistaken (I belong to the Pyton's Church)
Last edited by Swales4ever on Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

1. "unintelligible language"
2. "ACID QUEEN"
3. "never once fails to turn a football thread into a himseelf thread"
4. "thumbs stalker often resulting in repetitive thumb strain"

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...


In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
there must be some truth, then!
User avatar
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills
 
Posts: 6796
Joined: Thu Dec 24, 2009 3:18 am
Location: On the Edge of Insanity
Supporter of: Sharia for Spafia
My favourite player is: an intelligent one

Re: Trivia question

Postby nottsblue » Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:35 pm

A fella called Harry Anders who played in the 1950s.
nottsblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck
 
Posts: 12081
Joined: Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:17 pm
Location: Nottingham
Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Re: Trivia question

Postby Swales4ever » Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:38 pm

johnny crossan wrote:
Swales4ever wrote:now you're just causing edits to appear on my posts by coming up with random lists S4e - poor form.
All of them are wrong as you surely know already.

guilty as charged on poor form. already sat on the bench!
but wasnt the trivia about
Can you name the top Manchester City scorers in the Premier League?
31 names - everybody who's scored over 10 since the PL began

or You mean by exact goals ranking? that'd be too much for a non stats geezer like me.

1. "unintelligible language"
2. "ACID QUEEN"
3. "never once fails to turn a football thread into a himseelf thread"
4. "thumbs stalker often resulting in repetitive thumb strain"

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...


In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
there must be some truth, then!
User avatar
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills
 
Posts: 6796
Joined: Thu Dec 24, 2009 3:18 am
Location: On the Edge of Insanity
Supporter of: Sharia for Spafia
My favourite player is: an intelligent one

Re: Trivia question

Postby johnny crossan » Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:39 pm

Swales4ever wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:
Swales4ever wrote:now you're just causing edits to appear on my posts by coming up with random lists S4e - poor form.
All of them are wrong as you surely know already.

guilty as charged on poor form. already sat on the bench!
but wasnt the trivia about
Can you name the top Manchester City scorers in the Premier League?
31 names - everybody who's scored over 10 since the PL began

or You mean by exact goals ranking? that'd be too much for a non stats geezer like me.

no new questions until the current one is answered - house rules
Image
User avatar
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser
 
Posts: 4221
Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:25 am
Location: The Barcelona of The North
Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Eddy

Re: Trivia question

Postby johnny crossan » Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:40 pm

nottsblue wrote:A fella called Harry Anders who played in the 1950s.

Glory Be - Correct!!!! Harry Anders 5ft 2
Image
User avatar
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser
 
Posts: 4221
Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:25 am
Location: The Barcelona of The North
Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Eddy

Re: Trivia question

Postby Swales4ever » Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:51 pm

johnny crossan wrote:
Swales4ever wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:
Swales4ever wrote:now you're just causing edits to appear on my posts by coming up with random lists S4e - poor form.
All of them are wrong as you surely know already.

guilty as charged on poor form. already sat on the bench!
but wasnt the trivia about
Can you name the top Manchester City scorers in the Premier League?
31 names - everybody who's scored over 10 since the PL began

or You mean by exact goals ranking? that'd be too much for a non stats geezer like me.

no new questions until the current one is answered - house rules

Always hated the hard stick English teachers tend to apply to southern lazy cunts!
Kun Aguero
Yaya
Carlito welcome to Manc
Dzeko
Dave the wizard
Big Mouth nial quinn
Anelka
Uwe Rossler
Shaunie WP
Robbie Fowler
Raheem
Mario
darius Vassell
Mike Sheron (just sprung to mind)
Supercunt Ireland

You won't get any better effort 8-)

EDIT: well done NB! I dont even knew him! :oops:

wtf, JC: played for City before my parents got engaged!

1. "unintelligible language"
2. "ACID QUEEN"
3. "never once fails to turn a football thread into a himseelf thread"
4. "thumbs stalker often resulting in repetitive thumb strain"

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...


In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
there must be some truth, then!
User avatar
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills
 
Posts: 6796
Joined: Thu Dec 24, 2009 3:18 am
Location: On the Edge of Insanity
Supporter of: Sharia for Spafia
My favourite player is: an intelligent one

Re: Trivia question

Postby nottsblue » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:20 pm

31 players to score 10+PL goals?

Kun, Jesus, Silva, Sterling, Sane, Yaya, KDB, Tevez, Dzeko, Quinn, Ireland, Fowler, Goater, SWP, Balotelli, Sheron, Petrov, Berkovic, White, Kompany, Kolarov, Ward, Rosler, Flitcroft, Huckerby, Wanchope,

Can't think of any more
nottsblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck
 
Posts: 12081
Joined: Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:17 pm
Location: Nottingham
Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Re: Trivia question

Postby Swales4ever » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:31 pm

nottsblue wrote:31 players to score 10+PL goals?

Kun, Jesus, Silva, Sterling, Sane, Yaya, KDB, Tevez, Dzeko, Quinn, Ireland, Fowler, Goater, SWP, Balotelli, Sheron, Petrov, Berkovic, White, Kompany, Kolarov, Ward, Rosler, Flitcroft, Huckerby, Wanchope,

Can't think of any more

the boss want em in strict scored ranks!!!

1. "unintelligible language"
2. "ACID QUEEN"
3. "never once fails to turn a football thread into a himseelf thread"
4. "thumbs stalker often resulting in repetitive thumb strain"

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...


In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
there must be some truth, then!
User avatar
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills
 
Posts: 6796
Joined: Thu Dec 24, 2009 3:18 am
Location: On the Edge of Insanity
Supporter of: Sharia for Spafia
My favourite player is: an intelligent one

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AFKAE, ayrshireblue, Baidu [Spider], barryconlonsbaldspot, Bing [Bot], BlueinBosnia, carl_feedthegoat, Chinners, CTID Hants, CuteMancs, Douglas Higginbottom, everyonehatesus, gillie, Google [Bot], Hutch's Shoulder, Justified logic, Lev Bronstein, london blue 2, Mase, Mikhail Chigorin, mr_nool, nottsblue, patrickblue, Peter Doherty (AGAIG), PeterParker, South Stand Balti and 57 guests