Revenues up 21%...

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Revenues up 21%...

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:10 pm

...A profit of £1 million and top o' de league.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ ... s-13873829

Pep Guardiola has the green light to continue his Manchester City revolution with ANOTHER big transfer spend next summer.

The Blues have chalked up record revenues and even posted a small profit, despite their £180million spending spree in the summer of 2016.

And that means that Guardiola will be given funds to improve the squad again after vowing to 'shake the team a little' next summer.

City have posted record revenues of £473.4million, up by 21 per cent on last year – and that means for the third year running they are in the black.

That was despite Guardiola's first big spend, which brought in John Stones , Leroy Sane , Gabriel Jesus , Ilkay Gundogan , Nolito and Claudio Bravo .

City are in pole position to add Arsenal's Alexis Sanchez to their squad and will be hunting a new centre-back – possibly two – as well as another left-back.

They will be in the market for a left-back in January and could even try to draft in a central defender if the right man is available.

Sanchez will be available on a free transfer, but is expected to come with a hefty wage – but the club has trimmed its wage bill to a decent 56 per cent of revenue, leaving room to accommodate the Chile international.

READ MORE
Pep Guardiola's centre back options for Man City's game at Leicester rated out of ten
The club's annual report for 2016-17, released on Wednesday, shows the spending and wages is not making a hole in the club's finances, as it did in the first few years after Sheikh Mansour's takeover, and which led them into trouble under Uefa's financial fair play rules.

The Blues have exceeded that spending this summer with a world record £220million outlay but are comfortable they can cover the extra expense.

The profit is a tiny £1million, but the club has rejigged its reporting cycle to include the loss-making month of June – if it had not, the profit would have been around £10million.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Re: Revenues up 21%...

Postby gillie » Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:18 pm

Time for City to really piss the rest of the league off by buying more of the world's best players lol.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Chinners » Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:45 pm

With respect Gillie, is that what you want, to pish off the rest of the league? <SHAKES HEAD IN DISAPPOINTMENT>
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby gillie » Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:58 pm

Chinners wrote:With respect Gillie, is that what you want, to pish off the rest of the league? <SHAKES HEAD IN DISAPPOINTMENT>

Well perhaps not the League but deffo the rags and candlepool also the Tarquins.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Chinners » Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:27 pm

gillie wrote:
Chinners wrote:With respect Gillie, is that what you want, to pish off the rest of the league? <SHAKES HEAD IN DISAPPOINTMENT>

Well perhaps not the League but deffo the rags and candlepool also the Tarquins.

Oh, that's ok then .... carry on
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby littlebig » Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:36 pm

"City have posted record revenues of £473.4million, up by 21 per cent on last year – and that means for the third year running they are in the black."

The juggernaut is on it's way.
littlebig
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Vinnie Kompany

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:28 pm

That gentleman from the Spanish FA who seems to hate us for whatever reasons, known only to himself, will probably be very sceptical about these trading figures.

He probably will think they're outlandishly contrived in some way and criminally covering up the massive losses we must be making.

He could well be on the 'phone to UEFA at this very moment.............good innit ?? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Return to The Maine Football forum