***lcfc v mcfc official match thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***lcfc v mcfc official match thread***

Postby Chinners » Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:05 pm

Yep all round solid display, Komps calmed down after his opening wobble and it will be good he got 90mins under his belt esp with Stones injury. Love the bias ref, must be a City fan to not give a red so 'cheers'! Delph was superb again, seems to be getting every game, A+
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby nottsblue » Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:05 pm

blues2win wrote:Stones out for 4-6 weeks according to Pep. Will miss the Derby and probably the Spurs match too.

That's a huge blow
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Justified logic » Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:07 pm

aaron bond wrote:Great performance.

This is always a tricky fixture for us and Leicester made it difficult for us in the first half. But once we scored the first goal we took full control.

Some of the play in the second half was phenomenal and we should have won by more than 2.

Kompany looked a bit shaky a times but it was his first game back and it's great to have him as an option again. Delph and Walker were both excellent at full back and Mangala did very well after he came on.

Sane and Sterling were both constant threats down each wing and KDB's goal was simply brilliant. A great counter-attacking move with a great finish. If only Silva could score for us as often as he did for Spain!

Excellent 3 points. The great form continues!

Silva should be given special dispensation to wear his Spain gear under his City colours.
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby PrezIke » Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:16 pm

blues2win wrote:Stones out for 4-6 weeks according to Pep. Will miss the Derby and probably the Spurs match too.

Fortunately Vinny is back, otherwise I'd be legit concerned.

Very unfortunate for Stonesy as he's been brilliant.

Whether Vinny can stay fit for that long is the million quid question.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby blues2win » Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:23 pm

Pep says Walker can play CB so that’s another option I suppose. Vinny can be spared the two CL games and the Carabao Cup but he does need to be fit for a lot of League matches between now and the end of the year if it comes to it. On the face of it Otamendi and Kompany should be ok but they’re not the quickest and both occasionally dive in. Stay on your feet guys!
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby South Stand Balti » Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:30 pm

We do have some midweek prem league games coming up. Vince can't/shouldn't play 3 games in a week. We may see the odd game with the Otter and Mangsla as the CB partnership. I'm not sure I would play Delph 3 times s week either so Danilo should get some games
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby sheblue » Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:38 pm

Thought we were really great as Leicester played very well. A massive 3 points.
But losing stones a bitter pill. Hopefully Vinny can stay fit for a month. It's a big ask but fingers crossed.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby City64 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:37 pm

Like I said ...........

Some right soft cunts on here ! :lol:
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC

Postby ruralblue » Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:38 pm

PrezIke wrote:

Fortunately Vinny is back, otherwise I'd be legit concerned.

Whether Vinny can stay fit for that long is the million quid question.

Vinny will be carded and off in the Derby anyways.
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby gillie » Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:40 pm

City64 wrote:Like I said ...........

Not soft but cautious lol.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby City64 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:47 pm

gillie wrote:

Haha
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby johnny crossan » Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:57 pm

City64 wrote:
gillie wrote:

Haha

I am not worthy - I doubted today
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby City64 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:06 pm

johnny crossan wrote:
City64 wrote:
gillie wrote:

Haha

I am not worthy - I doubted today

You should know better JC tut tut ! :lol:
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby dazby » Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:07 am

Some game management at the end which was interesting. We could have racked up half a dozen but chose to play keep ball instead. Such an impressive performance considering the injury, and the ability of Vinnie and the Mangler to slot in.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Plain Speaking » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:57 am

Pogba was out for 2 months, Stones injury looked much worse, I wonder if our witch doctor from Barcelona can help him much?
Plain Speaking
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby freshie » Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:09 pm

Plain Speaking wrote:Pogba was out for 2 months, Stones injury looked much worse, I wonder if our witch doctor from Barcelona can help him much?

How can you tell it looked worse?
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby john@staustell » Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:14 am

dazby wrote:Some game management at the end which was interesting. We could have racked up half a dozen but chose to play keep ball instead. Such an impressive performance considering the injury, and the ability of Vinnie and the Mangler to slot in.

Although to be fair Vinnie should have slotted out again double quick and pep says he would be a risk tonight! I fancy it will be Ota and the Mangler tonight.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby johnny crossan » Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:18 am

john@staustell wrote:
dazby wrote:Some game management at the end which was interesting. We could have racked up half a dozen but chose to play keep ball instead. Such an impressive performance considering the injury, and the ability of Vinnie and the Mangler to slot in.

Although to be fair Vinnie should have slotted out again double quick and pep says he would be a risk tonight! I fancy it will be Ota and the Mangler tonight.

Mr K was in Garth Crooks team of the week!!!

Vincent Kompany:

Kompany completed 95% of his passes against Leicester and made a team-high five clearances.

What is the game coming to when a manager, or a team for that matter, begin to rely on a sending-off to ensure a victory?
That seemed to be the situation, as far as Leicester and their manager Claude Puel were concerned, when Vincent Kompany clearly brought down Jamie Vardy during the game's opening exchanges. The tackle itself was not the issue, but whether the City captain was the last man or not.

Some are in no doubt that Kompany should have been dismissed, but I take a different view. John Stones, the nearest City defender to Vardy, was close enough and quick enough to make a difference and referee Graham Scott thought so too. Would the game have been affected by Kompany's departure? Of course it would, but the whole point of a sending-off is that it is used to administer justice.

It is also the opinion of the referee that counts - not the managers' or players' - and certainly not the opinion of the pundits. There are moments, I must admit, when a referee is the only person in the ground who knows why a player has been sent off and that is equally nauseating.

We should all be in no doubt why justice has been served. Nevertheless, Kompany survived the incident and the match.

Kompany is a wonderful professional. However, the Belgium international will know he must prove he can play a full and uninterrupted season in the hurly burly of the Premier League before manager Pep Guardiola can trust him to lead this marvellous City side into the future.

johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby City64 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:09 pm

johnny crossan wrote:
john@staustell wrote:

Vincent Kompany:

Kompany completed 95% of his passes against Leicester and made a team-high five clearances.

What is the game coming to when a manager, or a team for that matter, begin to rely on a sending-off to ensure a victory?
That seemed to be the situation, as far as Leicester and their manager Claude Puel were concerned, when Vincent Kompany clearly brought down Jamie Vardy during the game's opening exchanges. The tackle itself was not the issue, but whether the City captain was the last man or not.

Some are in no doubt that Kompany should have been dismissed, but I take a different view. John Stones, the nearest City defender to Vardy, was close enough and quick enough to make a difference and referee Graham Scott thought so too. Would the game have been affected by Kompany's departure? Of course it would, but the whole point of a sending-off is that it is used to administer justice.

It is also the opinion of the referee that counts - not the managers' or players' - and certainly not the opinion of the pundits. There are moments, I must admit, when a referee is the only person in the ground who knows why a player has been sent off and that is equally nauseating.

We should all be in no doubt why justice has been served. Nevertheless, Kompany survived the incident and the match.

Kompany is a wonderful professional. However, the Belgium international will know he must prove he can play a full and uninterrupted season in the hurly burly of the Premier League before manager Pep Guardiola can trust him to lead this marvellous City side into the future.

Fuck off Garth you fat creeping cunt !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:32 pm

City64 wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:
john@staustell wrote:

Vincent Kompany:

Fuck off Garth you fat creeping cunt !

Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum