How

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: How

Postby Dimples » Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:44 pm

So far this season we have been unbelievable.
Two possibilities blow me away:
1. the age profile of most of our attacking palyers- sane, sterling, jesus, brown - they can get better!
2. the gems being polished in the academy

BUT I am an old timer - badly scarred - I need to see us top of the table early new year before I can allow myself to really relax and enjoy it all
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby iwasthere2012 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:50 pm

We’ve sustained an incredible level of football for 3 and a half months and as others have said, it’s hard to watch other football now since we’ve got used to this.

But I feel some of the punditry is a little OTT considering where their point of view on Pep was last season.

Some are just being totally honest in the enjoyment they are getting from watching this work in the Premiership, but I can’t help feel there is an element of over egging the pudding, when they go on about nobody being able to touch us.

With blue tinted glasses on I could be forgiven for thinking ex-United players want our run to come to an abrupt end at their place, so they are bigging us up hoping either pressure or complacency will creep in.
While ex-Arsenal players are saying nobody will beat us while secretly hoping we don’t do what the invincibles did.

Yesterday showed our strength as a team, but it also showed we are only a couple of injuries away from what could be a very tricky period for us.

For us to be deemed truly brilliant with our style of play and Pep’s philosophy then we have to win the PL playing that way for a full season.
Make no mistake about it, anything else will be deemed a failure.
We’ll be seen as Cruyff’s Netherlands to Beckenbaur’s West Germany.
We’re all loving what we’re watching but for the sake of football as s whole I really hope Pep succeeds here.
I actually think it would be very good for English football as a whole for Pep’s revolution to win over a wider audience and gain a few disciples in coaching philosophy.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby nottsblue » Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:25 pm

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:
CTID Hants wrote:
Chinners wrote:Surprised to see we are on 2nd tonight on MOTD behind the N.London derby ... rags on 3rd

And to hear that RAG twat Neville2 say "they are that good" having stated he thinks we can go unbeaten all season :lol: thinks he's trying the old reverse psychology trick myself but amazed to hear the RAG twat say it

Lurch isn't capable of reverse psychology. He struggles with straight forward psychology at the best of times.

How that thick waster doesn't get run over by some form of transport on a daily basis is amazing. Even more baffling is how the BBC continue to employ him, unless of course he is making up some quota for employed retards
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby johnny crossan » Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:05 pm

johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Dubciteh » Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:32 pm

We are unreal.

However, nothing won yet, at this exact time in our first title winning season we were also 8 pts clear and only got there in the end by skin of our teeth.

Lomg way to go but may it continue, i look forward to watching us more than i have done ever i think.
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Bear60 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:37 pm

Best football I have watched in my lifetime and I am now 57 outstanding
Bear60
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:56 pm

Dubciteh wrote:We are unreal.

However, nothing won yet, at this exact time in our first title winning season we were also 8 pts clear and only got there in the end by skin of our teeth.

Lomg way to go but may it continue, i look forward to watching us more than i have done ever i think.

You sure on the 8pts mate? Might be my memory playing tricks but I recall us only ever having a five point lead that season. The rags had an eight point lead going into the last 6.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum