***Official Match Thread: Feyenoord (H)***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***Official Match Thread: Feyenoord (H)***

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:24 pm

City64 wrote:Fucks sake , Huddersfield on Sunday and most of the team has had a rest let's move on eh ?????

I moved on straight after the game. A win's a win in my books and without having the expectation of playing beautiful football, knowing that this was a scratch team, then I quite enjoyed it.

Oh, and as you say, still unbeaten all season, with only 1 of them being drawn, is fucking unbelievable.

Roll-on Huddersfield.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby phips » Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:49 pm

Nickyboy wrote:
phips wrote:
blues2win wrote:Bernardo was poor. Personally I’d like to see him more central. He hasn’t got the pace to play out wide imo

personally i think he's suffering from hardly playing. he was incredible last season and more often than not started out on the right wing but then drifted inside. for how much we paid for him he's been "a bust" but i dont think it's his fault. he really hasn't been given a chance but with our form there's no way Pep can start him ahead of Raheem or Sane and Silva and Kevin have CM on lockdown.

He's a very young lad in a new country and I don't think he was bought to be an instant starter. His body language is good and I've seen glimpses that over time no one will see him as a 'bust'.

oh yeah, that could be it too for sure.

and i dont think he will be a bust at all. just saying that with his price tag and form last season how he's playing now has to be disappointing to him and to us fans.

situations like this is why i tend to be against buying someone like him to come off the bench. you pay a lot and get a little in return (mostly through no fault of the player). i really want him to do well here and i think he could be really good but with Sane and Raheem clearly ahead of him i dont see him being given the opportunity.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby johnny crossan » Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:50 pm

phips wrote:....and i dont think he will be a bust at all. just saying that with his price tag and form last season how he's playing now has to be disappointing to him and to us fans.

curious that you just posted this then
phips wrote:.. for how much we paid for him he's been "a bust" but i dont think it's his fault.
Last edited by johnny crossan on Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby london blue 2 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:51 pm

Only takes one injury or a dip in form for him to become a starter. Loads of games to go so he will get his chance. Sane started out as a sub remember.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Original Dub » Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:56 pm

johnny crossan wrote:
phips wrote:....and i dont think he will be a bust at all. just saying that with his price tag and form last season how he's playing now has to be disappointing to him and to us fans.

phips wrote:.. for how much we paid for him he's been "a bust" but i dont think it's his fault.

PMSL

He's a fucking numpty JC.
Some of his previous work includes "tap ins don't count".

Stop quoting him
Original Dub

Postby phips » Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:03 pm

johnny crossan wrote:

how does that not make sense?
i said i dont think he will end up being a bust but given how much we paid and how good of a player he is right now he is currently in bust mode, but its not its fault.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby johnny crossan » Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:09 pm

phips wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:

i said i dont think he will end up being a bust but given how much we paid and how good of a player he is right now he is currently in bust mode, but its not its fault.

I see 'bust mode' - is that like a 'bust part' or a 'bust stage' or an instantiation of 'busthood'?
you don't mince your words phips - you pulverise them :D
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Nigels Tackle » Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:19 pm

johnny crossan wrote:
phips wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:

I see 'bust mode' - is that like a 'bust part' or a 'bust stage' or an instantiation of 'busthood'?
you don't mince your words phips - you pulverise them :D

i always imagined phips as a cock not a bust kind of guy
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby City64 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:29 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
City64 wrote:Fucks sake , Huddersfield on Sunday and most of the team has had a rest let's move on eh ?????

I moved on straight after the game. A win's a win in my books and without having the expectation of playing beautiful football, knowing that this was a scratch team, then I quite enjoyed it.

Oh, and as you say, still unbeaten all season, with only 1 of them being drawn, is fucking unbelievable.

Roll-on Huddersfield.

Nice one Beefy ! In the big picture of things Pep produced a managerial master class last night ..............he is always looking ahead and knows full well the PL is a slog that takes its toll at some stage ;-)
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum