What does Bernardo do?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: What does Bernardo do?

Postby Dameerto » Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:28 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Dubciteh wrote:He played mostly right wing for Monaco anytime i seen him so i dont think pep has played him out of position. It will be interesting to see him play centrally but i dont expect it to click straight away. If anything wouldnt be surprised to see pep play Sterling before bernardo.

Monaco don't play wingers though, we do, our wingers stay wide for the most part, Monaco's wide players cut inside and allow the fullbacks to attack the space out wide.

If Mendy was available and we were playing with two attacking wing backs then the likes of Bernardo would thrive in that type of inside forward position that Mancini used and Pellegrini used.

It's very similar to Silva when he first arrived from Valencia, he played wide left of a three behind the striker but he was never a winger in the traditional sense. When he was moved inside by Mancini he thrived.

That is a really good point.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby dazby » Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:34 pm

I hope he gets his chance to really strut his stuff this weekend. Rest KDB and Dave, and give him the ball.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby PeterParker » Mon May 06, 2019 9:14 pm

One of the best in the world.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Previous