Next 3 PL Games

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Next 3 PL Games

Postby City64 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:34 pm

Three Premier League games in the space of seven days now looming for us , Huddersfield away , Southampton and West Ham at home . These 3 fixtures could see us pull right away from the rags before we play them on December 10th . I think most of the top 6 play each other aswell during the next 3 PL games ? Huge week for us perhaps defining !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Re: Next 3 PL Games

Postby nottsblue » Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:37 pm

All winnable as well. I'd feel more confident with Stones in there though, but it is what it is. We just have to get on with it and plan to beat Huddersfield. We've got the players, let's do it
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby gillie » Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:38 pm

City64 wrote:Three Premier League games in the space of seven days now looming for us , Huddersfield away , Southampton and West Ham at home . These 3 fixtures could see us pull right away from the rags before we play them on December 10th . I think most of the top 6 play each other aswell during the next 3 PL games ? Huge week for us perhaps defining !

Yeah we could well be safe from the drop by the time we play West Ham :D :D
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:45 pm

nottsblue wrote:All winnable as well. I'd feel more confident with Stones in there though, but it is what it is. We just have to get on with it and plan to beat Huddersfield. We've got the players, let's do it

Winning games agaisnt the not so good teams is simply about whether we play well and score goals. I don't really think defending is particularly relevant although obviously we don't want to go a goal down at any time.

If we get it right in these 3 games we win them, simples.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:46 pm

City64 wrote:Three Premier League games in the space of seven days now looming for us , Huddersfield away , Southampton and West Ham at home . These 3 fixtures could see us pull right away from the rags before we play them on December 10th . I think most of the top 6 play each other aswell during the next 3 PL games ? Huge week for us perhaps defining !

With regard to how the Scum fared against Huddersfield, I hope we can go there ourselves and dismantle them, just to show Mourinho how it really should be done.

Strangely though, I think this could be a difficult game and 3 points, irrespective of how we gain them, is vital.

By the time we play West Ham, it'll be interesting to see how the Moyes magic is working for them......or not........... but nine points from these three games should see us in good stead for the Christmas rush so, Come on City and break some more records.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby brite blu sky » Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:01 pm

With the run we are on all games now have that extra edge of will we come a cropper, i think we are all susceptible to that, just goes with the territory.

Really though the win run is irrelevant, and if it wasn't there, e.g we had won just the last 3, then these next three would be 'more relaxed' in our minds
and we would be simply confident as fans that the team will do its job and take the points with a minimum of fuss, give or take.

I'm not concerned if we go a goal behind to any team, we have shown our resilience lots of times. They will as always tough enough games but we have the quality and i think a manager that doesn't allow complacency.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby nottsblue » Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:08 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
nottsblue wrote:All winnable as well. I'd feel more confident with Stones in there though, but it is what it is. We just have to get on with it and plan to beat Huddersfield. We've got the players, let's do it

Winning games agaisnt the not so good teams is simply about whether we play well and score goals. I don't really think defending is particularly relevant although obviously we don't want to go a goal down at any time.

If we get it right in these 3 games we win them, simples.

Surely though, regardless of how good the opponent is, the fundamental backbone of how we are playing this season in terms of style, is the progression and build up from the defence. Stones has been crucial to that. I can see Kompany playing the ball out but not as confidently as Stones does. To be fair to Otter this season, his distribution and general play has been excellent.

Yes we all know we have the firepower up front. But the loss of Stones may yet prove to be more detrimental to our team balance than we first thought
nottsblue

Postby nottsblue » Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:13 pm

brite blu sky wrote:With the run we are on all games now have that extra edge of will we come a cropper, i think we are all susceptible to that, just goes with the territory.

Really though the win run is irrelevant, and if it wasn't there, e.g we had won just the last 3, then these next three would be 'more relaxed' in our minds
and we would be simply confident as fans that the team will do its job and take the points with a minimum of fuss, give or take.

I'm not concerned if we go a goal behind to any team, we have shown our resilience lots of times. They will as always tough enough games but we have the quality and i think a manager that doesn't allow complacency.

Good point. Every team will desperately want to be the one that toppled the mighty City. This will being added pressure. So far we have more than shown we can live with it. All good things must come to end however, I just can't see it being at Huddersfield.
nottsblue

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:20 pm

nottsblue wrote:
brite blu sky wrote:With the run we are on all games now have that extra edge of will we come a cropper, i think we are all susceptible to that, just goes with the territory.

Good point. Every team will desperately want to be the one that toppled the mighty City. This will being added pressure. So far we have more than shown we can live with it. All good things must come to end however, I just can't see it being at Huddersfield.

On that basis NB, do you think you might be opting for a 'Lawro' again, in the score prediction thread ??
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby nottsblue » Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:22 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
nottsblue wrote:

On that basis NB, do you think you might be opting for a 'Lawro' again, in the score prediction thread ??

Either or a 3-0.
nottsblue

Postby sheblue » Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:54 pm

The ideal scenario is we are 11 points ahead of the rags before the derby. We beat them and it's 14. Possible, very possible.
Huddersfield away will be a tough game.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:58 pm

sheblue wrote:The ideal scenario is we are 11 points ahead of the rags before the derby. We beat them and it's 14. Possible, very possible.

I'd settle here and now for a close, tight 1-0 victory to us.

We just need to bring those 3 points home, irrespective of anything else.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby nottsblue » Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:00 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
sheblue wrote:The ideal scenario is we are 11 points ahead of the rags before the derby. We beat them and it's 14. Possible, very possible.

You and me both MC.

Though a footballing lesson would be a tasty side effect
nottsblue

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:06 pm

nottsblue wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:

You and me both MC.

.....but, but, but......but just a few posts ago NB, you were going for a 'Lawro' (2-0) or even a 'Super Lawro' (3-0). :o :o

I now find your loss of optimism to be most worrying :? :? :? :( :(
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby nottsblue » Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:11 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
nottsblue wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:

You and me both MC.

.....but, but, but......but just a few posts ago NB, you were going for a 'Lawro' (2-0) or even a 'Super Lawro' (3-0). :o :o

I now find your loss of optimism to be most worrying :? :? :? :( :(

The Lawro was for the weekend game at Huddersfield. I know they beat the rags but I just can't see them beating us. The rag game however, win that and we can probably discount them as serious title challengers, therefore any old win there will do. That said, I fully believe we have the team to go to the swamp and batter them, but as has been said before, football is a funny old game and form can go out of the window in a derby.
nottsblue

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:13 pm

When you've got a run like this I always look at it as we're all in same boat and by all playing the same amount then we all have to go through the exact process with regard to fatigue. The Rags complained for years but the reality was that they were no different from anybody else.

I'm confident with our upcoming games, even moreso with the way Pep is looking forward to our games.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby phips » Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:12 pm

Kompany (and to a lesser extent Delph) playing all 3 in such quick succession is a huge worry.
i wouldn't be surprised if Mangala and Otamendi were paired midweek
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby City64 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:59 am

Going to be a cold un up in them hills at Huddersfield on Sunday brrrrrrrr .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC

Postby freshie » Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:10 pm

City64 wrote:Going to be a cold un up in them hills at Huddersfield on Sunday brrrrrrrr .

It was last season in the FA Cup match over at theirs - wish I hadn't gone. I have a feeling that Sunday's performance will be a bit different
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:44 pm

I'd settle for 9 points from the next 3 games, and 6 from the 2 after that.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum