*** Official Match Thread Huddersfield Away ***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: *** Official Match Thread Huddersfield Away ***

Postby Justified logic » Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:36 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
Justified logic wrote:I'll take that. A hard-fought game and but we came out with equal luck and not a bit of skill.

What was that about City not coming back from being behind at half-time away since 1783 or whenever? Was it from being 2 goals down or just behind?

I think it was the Bournemouth games this season, so not that long ago

That was 1-1 at half-time.
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby sheblue » Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:37 pm

That was a tough one. Great character and belief shown even though we were far from our best today.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby sidSmith » Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:38 pm

london blue 2 wrote:They deserved fuck all. Don't buy into this "they were unlucky" shite. We've stopped two teams from having a shot on target all game for two games running and apparently we are playing badly and lucky...

Bollocks.

Exactly. Wtf in their approach suggested that they deserved anything from the game? 10 behind the ball, hoofing to nobody up field. Glad when that shit doesn't get rewarded.
sidSmith
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:40 pm

No shots on target from the 6-fingered fuckwits. Great result from our astonishing team.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:41 pm

Justified logic wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
Justified logic wrote:I'll take that. A hard-fought game and but we came out with equal luck and not a bit of skill.

What was that about City not coming back from being behind at half-time away since 1783 or whenever? Was it from being 2 goals down or just behind?

Sorry mate, didn't realise it was so specific.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Justified logic » Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:50 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
Justified logic wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

Yes, here we are:

Goal wrote:Gritty Man City prove their character to break their most telling record yet

Huddersfield put up more of a fight than any of the Blues’s opponents so far this season but even they could not stop Pep Guardiola’s impressive side

Another game, another Manchester City victory. No surprise there, if this is the first you’ve seen or heard about the game, yet there was nothing too familiar about the Blues’ 2-1 win at Huddersfield.

Pep Guardiola’s vibrant side have broken records with every passing game in recent weeks. Most wins, most goals, you name it. Today they broke another, and one that perhaps says as much about them as the others; this was the first time they have come from behind to win an away Premier League match in which they had trailed at half time since, wait for it, 1995!
Justified logic

Postby nottsblue » Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:54 pm

Second half saw Huddersfield complete 37 passes to our 340ish. Didn't have a shot on target. Yes, they huffed and puffed but cream rises and our victory, though with a fortuitous goal, was fully deserved.

Only one side wanted to play football
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Nigels Tackle » Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:55 pm

Justified logic wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
Justified logic wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

Yes, here we are:

Goal wrote:Gritty Man City prove their character to break their most telling record yet

Huddersfield put up more of a fight than any of the Blues’s opponents so far this season but even they could not stop Pep Guardiola’s impressive side

Another game, another Manchester City victory. No surprise there, if this is the first you’ve seen or heard about the game, yet there was nothing too familiar about the Blues’ 2-1 win at Huddersfield.

Pep Guardiola’s vibrant side have broken records with every passing game in recent weeks. Most wins, most goals, you name it. Today they broke another, and one that perhaps says as much about them as the others; this was the first time they have come from behind to win an away Premier League match in which they had trailed at half time since, wait for it, 1995!

blackburn rovers away
2-1 down at h/t
rosler and walsh with the second half goals to win it
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby phips » Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:57 pm

Mase wrote:
phips wrote:
Mase wrote:Bit silly celebrating like they’d won the league now eh Phips?

i have no idea why youre so mad about a "minnow" celebrating taking the lead vs a much better opponent :roll:

I’m not mad at all. I’m showing you how embarrassing it is to save you looking like a tit in the future.

looking like a tit because i have no issue with Wagner celebrating taking the lead. right.
next time ill lambast them for celebrating because we're the only ones allowed to celebrate scoring.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:59 pm

Justified logic wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
Justified logic wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

Yes, here we are:

Well, that'd be a first for Alan Ball! To actually win a game. Or was it Horton?

Ah, I still remember that game. How we beat the PL Champions, I'll never know. Someone will do the same to us this season, and we'll be shocked.

How times have-a-changed.
Last edited by Beefymcfc on Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Mase » Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:03 pm

phips wrote:
Mase wrote:
phips wrote:

i have no idea why youre so mad about a "minnow" celebrating taking the lead vs a much better opponent :roll:

I’m not mad at all. I’m showing you how embarrassing it is to save you looking like a tit in the future.

looking like a tit because i have no issue with Wagner celebrating taking the lead. right.
next time ill lambast them for celebrating because we're the only ones allowed to celebrate scoring.

Can you read Phips? Do they teach that over there?
“celebrating like they’d won the league” I’ve spelt it out for you pal. By all means celebrate. What they did jumping around the box hugging each other was pathetic and premature - making them look like tits now.

Example - Pardew doing his stupid dance in the cup final when Palace scored....they ended up losing.

Watch on youtube.com
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Dimples » Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:15 pm

Looks to me like Vinny has lost his pace?
Impressed with Pep - goes 3 at the back to go get the winner then reverts to 4 at the back to preserve it - smart.
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby freshie » Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:15 pm

Mase wrote:
phips wrote:
Mase wrote:
phips wrote:

Can you read Phips? Do they teach that over there?
“celebrating like they’d won the league” I’ve spelt it out for you pal. By all means celebrate. What they did jumping around the box hugging each other was pathetic and premature - making them look like tits now.

Example - Pardew doing his stupid dance in the cup final when Palace scored....they ended up losing.

Watch on youtube.com

Why do you engage with this moron? I've foed him yet every time someone quotes him he's back again
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Original Dub » Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:20 pm

Yeah I know how you feel freshie. The cunt's a troll, so the less people that quote him, the less we've to look at his wind ups.
Original Dub

Postby South Stand Balti » Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:44 pm

I thought we played pretty well today. We didn't make the most of good situations which on another day would have seen us win comfortably. The biggest hugest stroke of luck in the game was their freaky goal which we scored for them. Will be interesting to see our lineup at the back v the Saints
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby blues2win » Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:58 pm

Big call over Kompany coming up. Two PL matches in quick succession. Obviously he won’t play in Shakhtar but will he play both against Southampton and West Ham? I’m guessing not. With Stones out Pep can’t afford the risk. He has to choose which match to leave him out. I’d say Southampton then United for Vinny. Mangala against West Ham.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:03 pm

nottsblue wrote:Second half saw Huddersfield complete 37 passes to our 340ish. Didn't have a shot on target. Yes, they huffed and puffed but cream rises and our victory, though with a fortuitous goal, was fully deserved.

Let us not forget the Huddersfield goal was also fortuitous.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:03 pm

blues2win wrote:Big call over Kompany coming up. Two PL matches in quick succession. Obviously he won’t play in Shakhtar but will he play both against Southampton and West Ham? I’m guessing not. With Stones out Pep can’t afford the risk. He has to choose which match to leave him out. I’d say Southampton then United for Vinny. Mangala against West Ham.

If Andy Carroll plays for West Ham, I wonder if Pep might prefer Mangala for that game as he might reckon our much criticised centre back could cope better handling a 'big lump' up front, than our other centre-back options. ??
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby PrezIke » Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:06 pm

Mase wrote:Good on their manager then. Interviewed by Sky and the interviewer tried to push him to say that they didn’t get decisions go their way and he just said no, he doesn’t have any complaints about the referee or any of his decisions.

I like Wagner.

Actually, so much have some hopes he gets offered the USA managerial position (seems unlikely, but who knows).
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby nottsblue » Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:10 pm

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:
nottsblue wrote:Second half saw Huddersfield complete 37 passes to our 340ish. Didn't have a shot on target. Yes, they huffed and puffed but cream rises and our victory, though with a fortuitous goal, was fully deserved.

Let us not forget the Huddersfield goal was also fortuitous.

Indeed it was, hence the stat about them not having a shot on target. :P :P
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum