is raheem now getting us fans behind him

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: is raheem now getting us fans behind him

Postby freshie » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:12 pm

City64 wrote:
freshie wrote:
City64 wrote:Deffo contender for shit post of the year . I have never seen or heard any true city fans at games ever on Sterlings back . Yeah he is still learning and needs to improve his finishing in one on one situations but that will come . Sterling has improved out of sight into a very technical player that breaks down park the bus defences . Leroy Sane was in the same situation as Sterling but look at the improvement in him . Pep can take huge huge credit for coaching these young talents and turning them into the players that they are now . Not difficult to work out .

That's not true. Hear him getting shit at quite a lot of home game

Don't hear anything in CB 121,

Shall we do a "what part of the Etihad does Raheem get shit from " poll ?

Imagine if we had proper shit players like Ashley Young and Jesse fucking Lindgard ????

No. It's only the mindless minority and I always have words. There's a bloke behind me who was giving KDB shit for the last 2 seasons. The arguments we had
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby freshie » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:13 pm

I've taken great pleasure in rubbing his nose in it this season :)
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby City64 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:25 pm

freshie wrote:I've taken great pleasure in rubbing his nose in it this season :)

There are always moaners and negative people in society who have fuck all decent to say about anything pal , im guessing if there are 50 odd thousand in the Etihad every match 1% will be these head fuck types , just glad there isn't any near me i guess . We are all talking in negative mode now hence why i pulled it for shit thread of the year even though Raheem is playing out his skin we are top of the league .......... even city forums can be strange cringeworthy animals sometimes wtf ??? lol
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:25 pm

freshie wrote:I've taken great pleasure in rubbing his nose in it this season :)

Be magnanimous and request he keeps those opinions to himself, and you'll keep yours.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Nick » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:26 pm

I have to say I've always heard him getting the odd bit of stick. Not quite navas levels (who I used to stick up for)

As recently as pre Burnley a guy I've never seen in Burnley was asking our views on raz, and whether we would have swapped for Sanchez. I told him my thoughts and did think "knows fuck all" as he told us he doesn't see what we see.
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby freshie » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:40 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:

Be magnanimous and request he keeps those opinions to himself, and you'll keep yours.

No. He clearly has no clue about football
Always support your team. We get enough shit off everyone else without our own adding to it
It’s good natured banter don’t worry ;)
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby freshie » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:44 pm

City64 wrote:

There are always moaners and negative people in society who have fuck all decent to say about anything pal , im guessing if there are 50 odd thousand in the Etihad every match 1% will be these head fuck types , just glad there isn't any near me i guess . We are all talking in negative mode now hence why i pulled it for shit thread of the year even though Raheem is playing out his skin we are top of the league .......... even city forums can be strange cringeworthy animals sometimes wtf ??? lol

Remember the amount of shit Edgehill used to get? Horrible and embarrassing. And yet he scored inthe penalty shootout at Wembley in 99
Showed balls
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:49 pm

Nick wrote:I have to say I've always heard him getting the odd bit of stick. Not quite navas levels (who I used to stick up for)

As recently as pre Burnley a guy I've never seen in Burnley was asking our views on raz, and whether we would have swapped for Sanchez. I told him my thoughts and did think "knows fuck all" as he told us he doesn't see what we see.

Had a similar chat with a grown man who said that Raheem was a 'Flash in the pan' and only played well for the Dippers. The conversation went on until I realised he was a Southern Dipper fan, at which point he got a face palm (just fuck off) and told to kindly step away from my space.

There's no reasoning or debating with these people. At least Blues recognise good or bad traits, these kind of fuckwits are just so bitter. That's why I could never understand the Rags monika for us, we had years of underachievement but understood our ills. Although those cunts were winning everything, I still couldn't give a fuck about them as I was just too immersed in what we were doing.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:51 pm

freshie wrote:
City64 wrote:

Remember the amount of shit Edgehill used to get? Horrible and embarrassing. And yet he scored inthe penalty shootout at Wembley in 99
Showed balls

That was the biggest one for me. Nearly leathered 5 grown men many years ago as it pissed me off so much.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby freshie » Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:40 pm

I’ve never understood fans giving their own players shit. What could they possibly hope to achieve?
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Mase » Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:57 pm

freshie wrote:I’ve never understood fans giving their own players shit. What could they possibly hope to achieve?

I’ll always give my opinion on certain incidents at a match, like “FFS Sanè why have you given the ball away there?” But I’ll never dig out a City player. Only on the match day thread.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby freshie » Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:01 pm

Mase wrote:
freshie wrote:I’ve never understood fans giving their own players shit. What could they possibly hope to achieve?

I’ll always give my opinion on certain incidents at a match, like “FFS Sanè why have you given the ball away there?” But I’ll never dig out a City player. Only on the match day thread.

We're all guilty of that but to slag a player off before he's even touched the ball is unacceptable
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby zuricity » Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:22 pm

The thing is , winning at football is all about making the most of what you do and punishing the opposition for their mistakes. What ever has happened since last season. Sterling is certainly controlling passes sent to him on the wing much better.

Of course we all say FFS when a player fails to control a pass, but Mase thought that Sane played badly last Sunday and i couldn‘t help thinking , how many times Silva played the ball too far from him. Then i say, ffs Merlin get your correct boots on ( or something to that effect) .However , as Carl knows Football is all about mathematics right? well triangles and squares. Or perhaps in Carl’s terms , it‘s a numbers game, a percentages game , the higher percent team wins, passing , shots on goal . Over time , the more successful teams have higher percentages in the things that count.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby freshie » Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:05 pm

zuricity wrote:The thing is , winning at football is all about making the most of what you do and punishing the opposition for their mistakes. What ever has happened since last season. Sterling is certainly controlling passes sent to him on the wing much better.

Of course we all say FFS when a player fails to control a pass, but Mase thought that Sane played badly last Sunday and i couldn‘t help thinking , how many times Silva played the ball too far from him. Then i say, ffs Merlin get your correct boots on ( or something to that effect) .However , as Carl knows Football is all about mathematics right? well triangles and squares. Or perhaps in Carl’s terms , it‘s a numbers game, a percentages game , the higher percent team wins, passing , shots on goal . Over time , the more successful teams have higher percentages in the things that count.

Sane has been exceptional this season and is a star in the making. I think some people on here feel he gets an easy ride compared to Sterling and as a result of that give him unwarranted shit for it. As far as I am concerned we have 2 of the best young wingers on the planet at the moment and I love them both. They offer different things to the teams, both have their strengths and weaknesses but combined, give us something which few teams in Europe have to offer. Pep bought a gem in Sane and he is going to be a world beater along with his mate Sterling
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Mase » Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:25 am

I think Sanè is a very good player. Talk of him becoming the best in the world is premature though. He’s not done half of what’s Sterling has in his career already.

Also, he just pisses me off. He’s got a massive tattoo of himself on his back, and as fans we’re taking the piss out of Pogba for dying his hair?!

That being said, if I was at the game I wouldn’t get on his back. No point.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby patrickblue » Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:26 am

The first City game I ever went to was away at Spuds, and Ian Bowyer came on second half.
The self professed "real" City fan next to me came out with "we wouldn't use him as a ball boy at Maine Road", then continued to shout insults at him for the rest of the game.
And it's been the same ever since, with just the scapegoats changing.
That said, I'm halfway down 110, and haven't heard any shit about Sterling, The fact everyone else, inspired by the red scouse media campaign was slagging him got nearly all the City fans firmly behind him.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby iwasthere2012 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:44 pm

Mase wrote:I think Sanè is a very good player. Talk of him becoming the best in the world is premature though. He’s not done half of what’s Sterling has in his career already.

Also, he just pisses me off. He’s got a massive tattoo of himself on his back, and as fans we’re taking the piss out of Pogba for dying his hair?!

That would really slow him down a bit Mase.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Mase » Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:45 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
Mase wrote:I think Sanè is a very good player. Talk of him becoming the best in the world is premature though. He’s not done half of what’s Sterling has in his career already.

That would really slow him down a bit Mase.

Well he’s already carrying himself isn’t he mate.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Moonchesteri » Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:44 pm

When I saw the thread I thought this thread is about winning over the fans of other clubs as I thought we always been behind him??
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Postby blues-clues » Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:59 pm

Moonchesteri wrote:When I saw the thread I thought this thread is about winning over the fans of other clubs as I thought we always been behind him??

Should be now. That's 4 points in two games he won for us.
blues-clues
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Joe Corrigan

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum