***mcfc v sfc official match thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***mcfc v sfc official match thread***

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:21 am

For those who were not at the game and those who were. When sterling scored it went mental, kev went down injured thank god. As every city player sprinted into our own half but kev was down in their half. So they were not able to kick off as that would have been embarrassing. However, it would have been difficult to kick off as Ederson had somehow got hold of the ball after Sterling scored and he launched it into the south stand 3rd tier. There is a blue somewhere with the match ball. However, I was a little disappointed as I thought he could clear the stand haha.

On the result... Just desserts for the shit spoiling tactics. Biggest surprise of the night for me was how the fuck did Forster not get a yellow card for time wasting.

Shit ref, not strong enough.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby johnny crossan » Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:23 am

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
City64 wrote:95th minute , scenes absolute fucking scenes !!!

Only just got back....... fucking wow not scene scenes like that since the Aguero moment fucking wow every city fucker was on the pitch !!!!

Wow what a fucking goal !!!

there will have been a good number I am sure that got home before you beacuse they left early... Tossers.

Why would anyone do that but the gaps in the seats said there were plenty.

Too cold for me tonight Doug - my seat was empty all match!
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby dazby » Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:31 am

Raz wants the ball in the key moments. He wants it. He wants to be the man.

Momentous. Stupendous!
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:32 am

johnny crossan wrote:

Only just got back....... fucking wow not scene scenes like that since the Aguero moment fucking wow every city fucker was on the pitch !!!!

there will have been a good number I am sure that got home before you beacuse they left early... Tossers.

Too cold for me tonight Doug - my seat was empty all match!

Not really a problem with someone not going compared to those who leave early and miss something very special.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby City64 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:33 am

Haha Doug , im still buzzing pal no chance of going to bed for while im way too giddy . I cant even spell seen scenes ffs lol
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:38 am

City64 wrote:

Haha Doug , im still buzzing pal no chance of going to bed for while im way too giddy . I cant even spell seen scenes ffs lol

I feel the same and I wasn't there! And I couldnt even get a stream to work so had to make do with radio commentary for the first time in absolutely yonks
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Tru_Blu » Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:57 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:
nottsblue wrote:Also did anyone else notice Mendy joining in the melee after Sterling scored?

Think he got a selfie with him.

Just saw that

This MF right here!
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare."

Piers Morgan

Tru_Blu
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: oat-Rivaldo cur-KDB

Postby bigblue » Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:34 am

How about this touch from Ederson!

bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby phips » Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:15 am

incredible. at 95:00 i was sure it was over.

pretty shocked we won this given that we played most of the game 9 vs 11. Gundogan and Jesus were absolutely anonymous. Ilkay needs to play with the U21s for maybe 2 months to get back into game form; he's been injured for SO long and he's hardly playing now that he's back.

today REALLY showed how hard its going to be without Mendy or Sane in the side giving width on the left. Delph offers no width and Jesus drifts inside.

Soton prob shouldve been up 2-0 at one point. Pep really needs to work on that zonal marking.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Mase » Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:03 am

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:
bigblue wrote:
Mase wrote:It was only our player of the season so far. How many points has he got us now?

10 points. 3 winners and the goal vs Everton. More goals then Lukaku and Morata. Fucking incredible

That's 7 points.

3 winners = 9 points
1 draw = 1 point
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Dimples » Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:16 am

We are giving up chances in central defence. Particularly to set pieces. And for me we lack pace their Vinny's is going.
This will be ruthlessly exploited by the Rags and their monsters if not sorted. Their natural game after all I.e. route 1 and launching missiles for Fellini, LuLu and Co.
This ia a concern to me.
Is anybody else worried about this aspect of our play?
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby Dimples » Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:17 am

We are giving up chances in central defence. Particularly to set pieces. And for me we lack pace their Vinny's is going.
This will be ruthlessly exploited by the Rags and their monsters if not sorted. Their natural game after all I.e. route 1 and launching missiles for Fellini, LuLu and Co.
This ia a concern to me.
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby mr_nool » Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:46 am

Mase wrote:
Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:
bigblue wrote:
Mase wrote:It was only our player of the season so far. How many points has he got us now?

10 points. 3 winners and the goal vs Everton. More goals then Lukaku and Morata. Fucking incredible

That's 7 points.

3 winners = 9 points
1 draw = 1 point

The wins would have been draws if he hadn't scored, which means two points per game for the winners.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby City64 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:57 am

Dimples wrote:We are giving up chances in central defence. Particularly to set pieces. And for me we lack pace their Vinny's is going.
This ia a concern to me.

No x2
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:03 am

phips wrote:incredible. at 95:00 i was sure it was over.

pretty shocked we won this given that we played most of the game 9 vs 11. Gundogan and Jesus were absolutely anonymous. Ilkay needs to play with the U21s for maybe 2 months to get back into game form; he's been injured for SO long and he's hardly playing now that he's back.

today REALLY showed how hard its going to be without Mendy or Sane in the side giving width on the left. Delph offers no width and Jesus drifts inside.

Soton prob shouldve been up 2-0 at one point. Pep really needs to work on that zonal marking.

Of course they were, Jesus after all didn't win the the free kick, it was never scored from and we're still all square. He didn't have a shot superbly saved by Forster either.

It was a sloppy team performance compared to what we've been used to this season but no one was anonymous.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Original Dub » Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:01 am

Of course they were, Jesus after all didn't win the the free kick, it was never scored from and we're still all square. He didn't have a shot superbly saved by Forster either.

It was a sloppy team performance compared to what we've been used to this season but no one was anonymous.

Argh.... quoting the troll mate ffs.

He has no understanding of the game at all. Tap ins don't count
Original Dub

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:08 am

Original Dub wrote:

Argh.... quoting the troll mate ffs.

He has no understanding of the game at all. Tap ins don't count

I know, I was disappointed with myself for biting. :oops:

I'll put myself on the naughty step.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby gmercer1 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:26 am

Watched the match in the local last night...........2 scum fans at the bar cheering and laughing as it went in to added time................smiles only lasted 5 minutes. Oh how I laughed when that goal went in!!!!
gmercer1
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Aguero

Postby sheblue » Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:27 am

Dimples wrote:We are giving up chances in central defence. Particularly to set pieces. And for me we lack pace their Vinny's is going.
This ia a concern to me.

Yes we have been making some mistakes defending dead balls and we will need to up the game in that department not only before the derby but all upcoming games generally.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:53 am

Glad somebody said it. Just because we don't play to our best does not mean that players are crap or are non existent. Jesus has 2 or 3 efforts on goal bringing certainly 2 great saves from Forster. Just seems it's black and white for some but there is something in between playing great and crap
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum