***mcfc v sfc official match thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***mcfc v sfc official match thread***

Postby dazby » Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:58 am

phips wrote:
Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
phips wrote:incredible. at 95:00 i was sure it was over.

pretty shocked we won this given that we played most of the game 9 vs 11. Gundogan and Jesus were absolutely anonymous. Ilkay needs to play with the U21s for maybe 2 months to get back into game form; he's been injured for SO long and he's hardly playing now that he's back.

today REALLY showed how hard its going to be without Mendy or Sane in the side giving width on the left. Delph offers no width and Jesus drifts inside.

Soton prob shouldve been up 2-0 at one point. Pep really needs to work on that zonal marking.

Of course they were, Jesus after all didn't win the the free kick, it was never scored from and we're still all square. He didn't have a shot superbly saved by Forster either.

It was a sloppy team performance compared to what we've been used to this season but no one was anonymous.

Glad somebody said it. Just because we don't play to our best does not mean that players are crap or are non existent. Jesus has 2 or 3 efforts on goal bringing certainly 2 great saves from Forster. Just seems it's black and white for some but there is something in between playing great and crap

sorry but i saw no meaningful contributions from Gundogan. none to warrant him starting any real game any time soon. he's so out of form and as a result he tries too hard--goes for glory when he should pass--which sucks because he won't get in form without playing decent minutes but he doesn't deserve them right now because he's been gash.

Yes because form is static isn't it. Players never improve. This is Gundy's ceiling. He's reached it and will never get any better ever. We might as well just get rid.

Another to add to your bizarre statement collection. It's bulging.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby phips » Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:08 am

dazby wrote:
phips wrote:
phips wrote:pretty shocked we won this given that we played most of the game 9 vs 11. Gundogan and Jesus were absolutely anonymous. Ilkay needs to play with the U21s for maybe 2 months to get back into game form; he's been injured for SO long and he's hardly playing now that he's back.

sorry but i saw no meaningful contributions from Gundogan. none to warrant him starting any real game any time soon. he's so out of form and as a result he tries too hard--goes for glory when he should pass--which sucks because he won't get in form without playing decent minutes but he doesn't deserve them right now because he's been gash.

Yes because form is static isn't it. Players never improve. This is Gundy's ceiling. He's reached it and will never get any better ever. We might as well just get rid.

haha. your inability to read and grasp the english language astounds me.

i literally said exactly what you sarcastically wrote. i said that he will improve and form isn't static.
Last edited by phips on Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:09 am

johnny crossan wrote:
mr_nool wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:
mr_nool wrote:
The wins would have been draws if he hadn't scored, which means two points per game for the winners.

Opta say 9 according to the Fail
"The 22-year-old's winning goals against Bournemouth, West Brom, Huddersfield and Southampton, along with his equaliser in the 1-1 draw with Everton, have proved crucial this season."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... corer.html

Well, that's 4 x 2 + 1 = 9, not 3 x 3 +1 = 10.
I.E. the wins only count for 2 won points.

Spot on - you win Mr N, BB and Mase joint second with 10 pts and PD last with 7 pts :D

Cheeky sod. I went off Mase's stats.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby dazby » Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:33 am

phips wrote:
dazby wrote:
phips wrote:
phips wrote:pretty shocked we won this given that we played most of the game 9 vs 11. Gundogan and Jesus were absolutely anonymous. Ilkay needs to play with the U21s for maybe 2 months to get back into game form; he's been injured for SO long and he's hardly playing now that he's back.

haha. your inability to read and grasp the english language astounds me.

i literally said exactly what you sarcastically wrote. i said that he will improve and form isn't static.

Fair cop. Why wouldn't you want to give him the game time to get him up to speed? Especially this time of year.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:47 am

It's almost as if Gundogan was making his first league start of the season.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby london blue 2 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:20 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:It's almost as if Gundogan was making his first league start of the season.

Same shit being said about vinnie. Game time will sharpen up these lads
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Postby john@staustell » Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:28 am

london blue 2 wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:It's almost as if Gundogan was making his first league start of the season.

Vinnie was beyong appalling first half. Apart from scoring they didn't really get in our half second half, which made life much easier.

Why he was so bad there are obviously reasons, but are they relevant? The simple fact is we played a CB who played very badly and it could easily have cost the game, as in the Leicester game. Boy we miss Stones but we need better back up.

No good saying - "we lost the cup/league, but give Vinnie some sympathy, he hadn't played much".
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:36 am

john@staustell wrote:
london blue 2 wrote:

Vinnie was beyong appalling first half. Apart from scoring they didn't really get in our half second half, which made life much easier.

Why he was so bad there are obviously reasons, but are they relevant? The simple fact is we played a CB who played very badly and it could easily have cost the game, as in the Leicester game. Boy we miss Stones but we need better back up.

No good saying - "we lost the cup/league, but give Vinnie some sympathy, he hadn't played much".

I don't believe anyone is saying that John. Just railing against the idea that these players shouldn't be getting game time with the first team.

How are they supposed to get in sync with their teammates and get match sharp if they don't play?

Yes Gundogan wasn't up to speed but he didn't hide like some are suggesting. ( I checked the stats Lookmum to see if they tallied up with my interpretation).

And yes Vinnie had a few hairy moments due mainly imo to being rusty but he also had some quality moments too which will increase the more he plays.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby johnny crossan » Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:06 am

john@staustell wrote:

a touch too much hyperbole in your cocoa or cornflakes or something boys :shock:
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby phips » Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:16 pm

dazby wrote:Why wouldn't you want to give him the game time to get him up to speed? Especially this time of year.

who would he play instead of, barring injury of course? Silva? Kevin? not likely. if he's not starting then he will probably come in in like the 75th minute to later like he has been. that short of time is no even close to enough time to get him back into form. that's why i mentioned him playing with the u21s (Although later i realized i shouldve said EDS).

it's a bit of the chicken & the egg thing: play him out of form and deal with terrible performances until he's back in form or use him as a sub because he's not in form but then he doesnt get the game time to try and get back into form.

london blue 2 wrote:

Game time will sharpen up these lads

no shit sherlock (FIBD). see above.

there's a reason it was his first league start of the season despite being fit...

phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:22 pm

phips wrote:
dazby wrote:Why wouldn't you want to give him the game time to get him up to speed? Especially this time of year.

who would he play instead of, barring injury of course? Silva? Kevin? not likely. if he's not starting then he will probably come in in like the 75th minute to later like he has been. that short of time is no even close to enough time to get him back into form. that's why i mentioned him playing with the u21s (Although later i realized i shouldve said EDS).

it's a bit of the chicken & the egg thing: play him out of form and deal with terrible performances until he's back in form or use him as a sub because he's not in form but then he doesnt get the game time to try and get back into form.

london blue 2 wrote:

there's a reason it was his first league start of the season despite being fit...

So tell me oh wise one, how does he get in sync with his team mates in the senior team if he's playing for the EDS?
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby iwasthere2012 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:37 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
phips wrote:

london blue 2 wrote:

So tell me oh wise one, how does he get in sync with his team mates in the senior team if he's playing for the EDS?

I'd give him a start against West Ham, taking Fern's place. Play Silva and KDB in front of him.
Rest the pair of them against Shaktar. Play him again with Bernardo and Foden pehaps(It'll never happen).
His last match he was being asked to to what Silva does and no matter how up to speed he gets he won't fill his boots.
Gundo is a decent footballer and hopefully if his injury record doesn't curtail his potential career, he will be of great value to the squad.
The jury is still out as to whether he will ever get box to box stamina back for full games.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Original Dub » Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:22 pm

Tap ins don't count
Original Dub

Postby london blue 2 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:04 pm

Original Dub wrote:Tap ins don't count

Phip Guardiola :roll:
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Original Dub » Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:45 am

london blue 2 wrote:
Original Dub wrote:Tap ins don't count

Phip Guardiola :roll:

bualadh bos :lol:
Original Dub

Postby phips » Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:18 am

FIBD, i dont have the answer. i dont know how to fix it.

like i said, if you play him so he can mesh with teammates and get into form you have to deal with his period of terrible form. not worth it imo.

for me though, id rather he got into form rather than meshing with teammates. and to do that he could play with the EDS. he already did in his first few matches back; im just saying he shouldve done it longer.

phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead