Pep Giving It Soton Players After The Game

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Pep Giving It Soton Players After The Game

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:48 pm

City64 wrote:Southampton manager presser on SSN .........

"I have no problem with Pep,s reaction to my player and no interest really ", Its all part of the game " . "They won football gets emotional that's the game "

So that's now both the Saints manager and player Nathan Redmond showing respect and drawing a line under any issue , its just the scum media pushing this and it fucking stinks !!!

What stinks more is that they've waited until this afternoon to bring this up and have it completed by Monday. If there was a ban that would mean it would be for the Rags whereas if they'd asked yesterday, which usually happens with the new system (fast track is it?), It could've been done and dusted by now with any discipline being doled out immediately.

However, I can't see how the FA could even look at giving Pep a ban with what has come out so am expecting a very light tap on the hand, if anything. Then again, Wenger's comments and Buckaru's actions had me thinking they'd both receive serious sanctions, so what the fuck do I know!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Tokyo Blue » Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:50 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:It frustrates me to see you shackled like that Nathan, you're better than that, look at what you did to us last year when you ran at us.

Thanks Pep, maybe you're right but I'm following the gaffers instructions.

I get that Nathan but it frustrates the life out of me to see good footballers being held back like that.

My guess at what the exchange was.

Reasonable enough. I think only the last little bit is missing, the "I will allow you to attack, why don't you come and play here next season?" bit.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Mase » Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:39 pm

The FA HAVE to ask Pep to explain, otherwise they wouldn’t be doing their job. As people have mention, if another manager did it to one of ours I’d expect the FA to at least ask them what’s gone on.

I’m 99% sure though that the FA are asking him publicly just to appease certain Munich’s.

No one will even remember this incident in a few weeks.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Sideshow Bob » Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:50 pm

Mase wrote:The FA HAVE to ask Pep to explain, otherwise they wouldn’t be doing their job. As people have mention, if another manager did it to one of ours I’d expect the FA to at least ask them what’s gone on.

I’m 99% sure though that the FA are asking him publicly just to appease certain Munich’s.

No one will even remember this incident in a few weeks.

even if they let him off this time, it wont be forgotten. he'll be on double secret probation from now on, and he will be insta-banned for any other incident no matter how trivial.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:08 pm

johnny crossan wrote:Oh well, Pep's fessed up and he's got previous - fetch the tumbril

'

link to pc
https://business.facebook.com/mancity/v ... 119935455/

I remember thinking when I saw that at the time it was brilliant and how good would it be if he did come here. And we have seen it already with John Stones taken to the sidelines during a match with the commentator thinking he was getting a bollocking.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Justified logic » Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:40 pm

I must admit I haven't been following Redmond but if Pep rates him and he's English then... bring him on!

As regards the FA investigation, do you not think this will just have the effect of stiffening our resolve and the rags will then reap the whirlwind?
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby johnny crossan » Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:29 pm

Justified logic wrote:I must admit I haven't been following Redmond but if Pep rates him and he's English then... bring him on!

As regards the FA investigation, do you not think this will just have the effect of stiffening our resolve and the rags will then reap the whirlwind?

a pleasing metaphorical mixture :D
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby zuricity » Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:58 am

Ah so , you punish someone for being complementary and positive ?

Bunch of corrupt tossers in the media and at the FA.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Justified logic » Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:16 am

johnny crossan wrote:
Justified logic wrote:I must admit I haven't been following Redmond but if Pep rates him and he's English then... bring him on!

a pleasing metaphorical mixture :D

Yeah, we'll huff and puff and blow them away!

We are the Windy City ;)
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Abu Dhabi » Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:56 am

I have read way too many sensitive comments about this incident. It obviously is a cultural thing.

Pep was a little bit emotional, but Northern Europeans are way more touchy than Southerners and it got lost there.
Viva El City
Abu Dhabi
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: The Citizens

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum