Pep Giving It Soton Players After The Game

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Pep Giving It Soton Players After The Game

Postby City64 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:34 am

Pep went ape shit with a couple of Southampton players after the game as they left the pitch amongst the "scenes" was quite an eye opener .........
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Re: Pep Giving It Soton Players After The Game

Postby Dubciteh » Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:47 am

Not surprised. Time wasting from the first minute. We should start doing the same to teams that do it to us once we go one up. If you do it we do it, if you dont do it we dont do it.
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:51 am

Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby PeterParker » Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:15 am

His moment with Redmond was quite amazing. I think it captures how Pep really is. He does not care if you play for Hyde, Murcia or Ariesul Turda and face Barcelona, he wants you to fucking play football, not just sit back and defend.

I really think his reaction is honest and comes from a guy who really respects this game.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby freshie » Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:19 am

I loved his reaction at the end of the game. So sick of these anti-football merchants who are conning their fans out of their hard earned money by continually serving up the dross that they do
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby iwasthere2012 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:24 am

Was it explained what it was all about.

Whether we love his reaction or not, I wouldn’t appreciate if some other teams manager came up to one of our players after a game and proceeded to lecture him publicly.

Has the content or context been divulged.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:27 am

He was basically telling him how good he is IWT and that they/he should be playing football.

Rags on Twitter calling for him to be banned.

I'd love to head Redmond's take on it.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby dazby » Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:54 am

I was waiting for Redmond’s team mates to show up. And waiting. And waiting.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Postby sheblue » Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:19 am

Bloody hell, just wait until he sees the time wasting and dour anti football tactics at the old toilet.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:33 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:He was basically telling him how good he is IWT and that they/he should be playing football.

Rags on Twitter calling for him to be banned.

I'd love to head Redmond's take on it.

wouldn't it be fun to have Pep banned after Lulu got off for blatanty kicking out at an opposition player twice.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Plain Speaking » Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:24 pm

We are playing Southampton away last match of the season. The PL title could depend on whether they decide to play football or park a bus?

( Hopefully we can seal it well before then, but you never know.)
Plain Speaking
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:36 pm

Plain Speaking wrote:We are playing Southampton away last match of the season. The PL title could depend on whether they decide to play football or park a bus?

My dream would be to have it sealed the week before the Derby at our place so they have to give us a guard of honour. That would seriously piss the rags off, fans, players and certainly the odious one.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Sideshow Bob » Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:10 pm

^^^ rags would refuse to give us our due. maureen would get some minor stick for it, but it would quickly be forgotten and brushed under the carpet like another trump racist remark.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby phips » Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:50 pm

PeterParker wrote:His moment with Redmond was quite amazing. I think it captures how Pep really is. He does not care if you play for Hyde, Murcia or Ariesul Turda and face Barcelona, he wants you to fucking play football, not just sit back and defend.

I really think his reaction is honest and comes from a guy who really respects this game.

he wasnt angry with Redmond. he was giving him props and praising him. it doesnt look like it but read Pep's quotes about what he told him.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby littlebig » Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:07 pm

Anyone know what was said by Pep? What was his issue?
littlebig
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Vinnie Kompany

Postby BookJunior » Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:14 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
Plain Speaking wrote:We are playing Southampton away last match of the season. The PL title could depend on whether they decide to play football or park a bus?

My dream would be to have it sealed the week before the Derby at our place so they have to give us a guard of honour. That would seriously piss the rags off, fans, players and certainly the odious one.

That would be fantastic. After all these years, they're still in denial and looking to slag off City in any way they can.
BookJunior
Darius Vassell's Composure

My favourite player is: Asa Hartford

Postby JamieMCFC » Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:20 pm

Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola says he was telling Southampton's Nathan Redmond what a good player he was rather than berating him after his side's 2-1 win on Wednesday.

Guardiola was seen having an odd exchange with Southampton winger Redmond after the full-time whistle at the Etihad Stadium, appearing to gesticulate at the player in an aggressive manner.

But rather than attacking Redmond, the City boss says he was simply letting him know what an admirer he was of his talents and that he was wasted having to defend, like he had to do a lot on Wednesday.

"I said what good a player he is," Guardiola told a news conference. "Last season he destroyed us here. I didn't know him last season and didn't realise how good he is. Today he could not attack because he defends all the time."

Guardiola added: "Southampton have some super-talented players, Redmond is so good one-against-one. But they didn't want to play, they were time wasting from the ninth minute. I just wanted them to play.

"Today he could not attack because they defend all the time, but that is what it is. I spoke with Oriol Romeu as well, with [Virgil] van Dijk and with my players as well."

Southampton manager Mauricio Pellegrino said he was unaware of Guardiola's discussion with Redmond, while denying that his team deployed plenty of time-wasting tactics.

"I can't say anything about that," Pellegrino said. "I didn't see too many actions to delay the game."

A similar incident occurred in March 2016 when Guardiola, then manager of Bayern Munich, appeared to berate Joshua Kimmich, his own player, on the pitch following the end of a goalless draw against Borussia Dortmund.

Kimmich later claimed the discussion had been about his positioning, telling kicker: "I know him. Emotions play a role. It wasn't a problem.

"It was about taking Xabi Alonso's position. I should have positioned myself a bit deeper."

Guardiola also said he could not control his emotions after jumping on the pitch to celebrate Raheem Sterling's 96th-minute winner.

City maintained their eight-point lead at the top of the Premier League with the win over the Saints and extended their club-record winning streak to 19 games.

"It was a good night, I think all the supporters create some special moments tonight and in the last second we enjoyed the situation," the City boss said.

"You have to celebrate it. It was a good moment in the last minute, in the locker room, all the staff so happy it makes sense to enjoy our celebration. It makes sense, our job to enjoy these sort of situations.

"I said [to the referee] I apologise because i couldn't control it, I was so happy like all the fans and players. I ran after Raz but I'm not quick enough but we were so happy."

Southampton looked like they would snatch a point after Romeu had equalised Kevin De Bruyne's fortunate opener that was sliced in by defender Van Dijk.

Sterling had the ball into the net moments before his winner but the goal was ruled out for a foul on goalkeeper Fraser Forster.

But he curled in a brilliant strike from the edge of the box seconds later for his third late winner in City's last three games.

"[Raheem] is a winning player, winning games," Guardiola added. "Before it was not like this now he's full of confidence,

"I spoke to him last season many times, you have to discover the pleasure for yourself to win games -- to score those goals.

"The guys who score are full of joy. The goal was amazing because there's no space.

"Today it was difficult, we'll see what happens about the future and we have to adapt because there were 10 players in the box and no space to attack. They don't want to play, they want to defend all the time, time-wasting."

Pellegrino admitted it was a painful defeat after his side played so well and had other chances with Wesley Hoedt hitting the bar and Maya Yoshida wasting another good opportunity.

"It's really frustrating for us but we have to congratulate the opponent," the Argentine said. "It's painful now but we have to accept it.

"We competed well from the beginning till the end, we did 99 percent of the things in the plan we prepared.

"We knew we had to be more patient and make most of set plays. We defended more than normal against a difficult side, one of the best teams in the world at the moment. But I think we can be proud.

"I am proud of my players because we were really competitive. That is one of my goals at this club, to have a group of players with quality, no matter the pitch or the opponent."

http://www.espn.com/soccer/manchester-c ... ayer-he-is
JamieMCFC
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Sideshow Bob » Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:28 pm

fair play to redmond for not making a meal of it. im sure the media parasites were hounding him.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby City64 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:09 pm

littlebig wrote:Anyone know what was said by Pep? What was his issue?

Pep told Redmond in no uncertain manner that he is a very good player and played well at the Etihad last season when Redmond scored in a 1-1 draw where Saints actually had a go , he then went on to say he is (Redmond) a better player than negative tactics and time wasting etc . Saints play the Rags , Arsenal , Spurs and the Chavs this months , not a bad mentor that Pep ! :lol: 8-) :D
Last edited by City64 on Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby City64 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:14 pm

Redmonds mum has been on twitter praising Pep for what he said to her son :lol: :lol:

Rag fucking media eh ? they are the SCUM OF THE EARTH !!!
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum