Pep Giving It Soton Players After The Game

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Pep Giving It Soton Players After The Game

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:41 am

mr_nool wrote:
BlueinBosnia wrote:Serious question regarding Pep's rant: Could the ref (based on what he saw, not heard) have been justified in sending Pep off after the final whistle? If so, how long would the ban have been? Also, would Redmond have been so quick to leap to his defence in the event of any appeal, or would powers-that-be at Southampton (and clubs with an influence over them) have advised him to hold his tongue? Overall, considering that, is it wise of Pep to offer advice in such a way straight after the final whistle?

It's a really odd thing to do and he should stop it. If an opposition manager gave me "advice" just after we've conceded a last second goal to lose the game, I would have a hard time containing myself and not give him a slap, no matter how complimentary he was.

Even if you respected and admired said manager and considered him one of the best in the business?I'd be made up.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby mr_nool » Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:48 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
mr_nool wrote:
BlueinBosnia wrote:Serious question regarding Pep's rant: Could the ref (based on what he saw, not heard) have been justified in sending Pep off after the final whistle? If so, how long would the ban have been? Also, would Redmond have been so quick to leap to his defence in the event of any appeal, or would powers-that-be at Southampton (and clubs with an influence over them) have advised him to hold his tongue? Overall, considering that, is it wise of Pep to offer advice in such a way straight after the final whistle?

It's a really odd thing to do and he should stop it. If an opposition manager gave me "advice" just after we've conceded a last second goal to lose the game, I would have a hard time containing myself and not give him a slap, no matter how complimentary he was.

Even if you respected and admired said manager and considered him one of the best in the business?I'd be made up.

I'd already be in red mist mode because of the defeat and some Spanish guy grabbing me and slapping me would probably push me over the edge, no matter what he said.

I'm just saying that he should watch out. Other players might not take it as well as Redmond.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby BlueinBosnia » Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:50 am

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:

A spontaneous act of generosity on Pep's part. Sod the consequences.

With the Derby coming up? I'm not sure how long a touchline ban would potentially be for being sent off in that scenario (3 games, I'd have thought), but I'd be more pissed off with him for that than with one of our players getting a yellow for celebrating a last-minute winner, leading to them being suspended for a crucial game.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:53 am

I see where you're coming from Noolie but it's not just some Spanish guy, is it? It's someone that's well respected within the game, if not by British hacks.

Mountain out of a molehill imo.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:54 am

Personally I don't think he should have done it but having said that I don't see much wrong with it either. It seems from what NR has said it was nothing negative. Pep himself said it was all in praise of the lad's abilities.

Plenty in the media seemed to want Pep crucifying only to find out it was a positive, passionate Pep and nothing more. Now the nedia are switching their approach saying it was disrespective of Pep to be telling NR how he should have played.

Did he tell him now he should have played? We don't know the exact words Pep used but I very much doubt that is what he was saying as he would be all too aware of what the Soton manager would have asked the player to do. Will it mean NR will not do what his manager expects of him in the next games? Of course not that is a pathetic suggestion but it's where some "experts" are now focussing their attack.

It's just so so sad that the media, some, want to have a go at Pep in any way they can. can't do it about the football now so lets look at something else.

It will be interesting to see how questions are directed at Pep at his next press conference.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby iwasthere2012 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:02 pm

mr_nool wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
mr_nool wrote:

I'd already be in red mist mode because of the defeat and some Spanish guy grabbing me and slapping me would probably push me over the edge, no matter what he said.

I'm just saying that he should watch out. Other players might not take it as well as Redmond.

I agree that the media are milking a nothing situation really, but I’m with you on this one Noolie.
It’s not his place and I think the timing of this one, with them losing with the last kick of the game, was a little off or miscalculated.
Having said that I don’t believe it was calculated at all. Purely spontaneous.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby mr_nool » Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:03 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:I see where you're coming from Noolie but it's not just some Spanish guy, is it? It's someone that's well respected within the game, if not by British hacks.

Mountain out of a molehill imo.

Yeah, I'm playing devil's advocate. Still, he should be cautious. Pep's not the only emotional guy out there.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Paul68 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:05 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:Stan Collymore self combusts.

Fucking Good! Any pics of the odious little cnut in flames? :D
I wish there was a way to know you are in the good old days....before you've actually left them...
Paul68
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: All the 17-18!

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:07 pm

It frustrates me to see you shackled like that Nathan, you're better than that, look at what you did to us last year when you ran at us.

Thanks Pep, maybe you're right but I'm following the gaffers instructions.

I get that Nathan but it frustrates the life out of me to see good footballers being held back like that.

My guess at what the exchange was.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Dimples » Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:15 pm

Lets be consistent here. If it was Mo/Conte/Wenger/Klopp who did that - we would slaughter them.

He should not have done it - he disrespected the Southampton manager and it is outside his remit to talk with opp players (like that) as they leave the pitch.
And then explain post match that the player's talent is not being used correctly because the opp are playing to defensively.

Look at it this way: If Mo did that we would slaughter him.
Or this way:
Would Pep (or any of us) appreciate another manager manhandling Silva, telling him he was great but pity about your manager's tatcics.
Then confound it by going on TV and rubbish Pep's tatics and style of play?

In Pep's defence I would say two things:
1. Southampton's manager is a former team mate - so he could know him well and may know that it is ok by the Southampton manager.
2. He was caught up in the heat of the moment. It was straight after the winner and he was still wired from the emotion.
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby city72 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:35 pm

Imagine 2009 we lose to a late goal against the rag cunts and ferguson wanker went up to SWP and did the same I would be fuking livid.
He should concentrate on what he does and what he can control its got fuk all to do with him how Redmond played or been told to play.
city72
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester city

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:47 pm

So the fa have now waded in and asked pep to explain his actions. Thick twats. Read the statements already released.
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:52 pm

You were complimenting him? Explain yourself.

Yet didn't ask Wenger to explain himself when he accused Sterling of being a cheat.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Sideshow Bob » Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:02 pm

pep's passion is what makes him great. most mgr's couldnt give a toss as long as they collect their paycheck. which type would you rather have for us? that said, pep should know by now that the media and fa slime are always on the lookout for a stick to beat us with, so he needs to be careful.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:10 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:You were complimenting him? Explain yourself.

Yet didn't ask Wenger to explain himself when he accused Sterling of being a cheat.

Not once but fuckign TWICE.!
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby pepsi_dave » Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:12 pm

This all day!

Got a niggling feeling that he'll get a one match touchline ban.... the tw@ts at the FA will do anything to help the Scum attempt to reign us back in. Even after Redmond has exonerated Pep they still want an explanation. Surely Redmond's view is all the explanation that is needed, especially as it ties in with Guardiola's comments post-match.
Derby Day The Scores Were Level
Then The Goat Was Fed By Neville
Silly Boy Should Know For Sure
Feed The Goat and He Will Score
pepsi_dave
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Gods Own Club
My favourite player is: Aguero

Postby freshie » Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:24 pm

johnny crossan wrote:
BlueinBosnia wrote:
freshie wrote:
CTID Hants wrote:Redmond setting the record straight....

We should sue these twats

"An expert has been told what she believes the Manchester City manager boss said"
A bit of a Freudian slip there...

how do you know she's called Sue?

I'm an expert lip reader
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Justified logic » Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:27 pm

pepsi_dave wrote:

This all day!

Got a niggling feeling that he'll get a one match touchline ban.... the tw@ts at the FA will do anything to help the Scum attempt to reign us back in. Even after Redmond has exonerated Pep they still want an explanation. Surely Redmond's view is all the explanation that is needed, especially as it ties in with Guardiola's comments post-match.

You'd think so wouldn't you? However, in muppetland...
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby johnny crossan » Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:36 pm

Oh well, Pep's fessed up and he's got previous - fetch the tumbril

'

link to pc
https://business.facebook.com/mancity/v ... 119935455/
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby City64 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:40 pm

Southampton manager presser on SSN .........

"I have no problem with Pep,s reaction to my player and no interest really ", Its all part of the game " . "They won football gets emotional that's the game "

So that's now both the Saints manager and player Nathan Redmond showing respect and drawing a line under any issue , its just the scum media pushing this and it fucking stinks !!!
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum