Never reading the MUEN again ever.......

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Never reading the MUEN again ever.......

Postby zabbadabbado » Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:58 pm

Story in Our local Paper. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Manchester United should be furious if Man City coach Pep Guardiola avoids ban

By
Samuel Luckhurst

TV cameras showed Pep Guardiola in a heated exchange with Nathan Redmond after Man City beat Southampton but what if Jose Mourinho had done the same?

If Jose Mourinho had prodded, gesticulated and ranted at an opposition player there would have been a communique from the Football Association detailing his latest improper conduct charge.

Mourinho, the man billed an 'enemy of football' for daring to criticise a referee, is never going to generate swathes of sympathy for dismissals, but because of the FA's victimisation of him, the flashpoint between Pep Guardiola and Nathan Redmond has already become a Mourinho versus Guardiola issue ahead of next week's Manchester derby.

For those who have not seen it, Guardiola confronted Nathan Redmond after Manchester City's dramatic victory over Southampton on Wednesday night, animatedly patted him and ranted at the winger as he approached the tunnel.

"I was telling Nathan Redmond how good he is at the end," Guardiola said. "Southampton have some super talented players, Redmond is so good one against one. But they didn’t want to play, they were time wasting from the ninth minute. I just wanted them to play." It is an explanation to launch a thousand gifs from United fans of Ron Burgundy remarking 'Don't believe you.'

Guardiola is prone to eagerly motivating his players as if he is performing in a pantomime but his behaviour towards Redmond appeared intimidating, like a Catalan Martin Keown. Keown was suspended for three matches after his treatment of Ruud van Nistelrooy in 2003.

It is unacceptable behaviour and Guardiola's antics could mark a watershed moment in the FA's inconsistent handling of managers. Coincidentally, Antonio Conte was sent to the stands for the first time in his Chelsea career on Wednesday night. Conte can be as antagonistic as a Donald Trump tweet and, like Trump, his behaviour has usually gone unpunished. Jurgen Klopp is another coach who has remarkably escaped censure for his overzealous behaviour and it is a bugbear for Mourinho.

"The rules for me are different," Mourinho insisted after United drew with Hull in January. "I don't want to speak much because I pay lots of fines. I pay more than others, much more than others. For example, yesterday one manager [Klopp against Chelsea] was told by an official 'I love your emotion'."
Klopp had aggressively celebrated Simon Mignolet's denial of Diego Costa's penalty the previous night by squaring up to fourth official Neil Swarbrick, who feebly smiled and did not report the offence. Michael Oliver similarly wasn't tough enough when Joe Hart butted heads with him in an attempt to get Chris Smalling booked during the November 2014 derby. Hart succeeded.

"You know clearly I am different," Mourinho added. "The rules for me are different." He has a point. When Mourinho committed the heinous crime of punting a water bottle against West Ham a year ago, a three-man FA panel concluded Mourinho had 'endangered people around him'. Mourinho served a one-game touchline ban for that whereas Arsene Wenger justifiably received an apology for doing the same thing seven years earlier at Old Trafford.

Guardiola's conduct was not comparable with Wenger when he lost it and began man-handling fourth official Anthony Taylor, or Alan Pardew's headbutt on David Meyler nearly four years ago.

"It has to be the same for every manager," Mourinho said after he kicked a water bottle against West Ham last year. "It has to be the same."

The FA has a decision to make.
Last edited by zabbadabbado on Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zabbadabbado
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: KDB

Re: Never Buying Manchester Evening Again ever.......

Postby zabbadabbado » Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:00 pm

I wonder what this Rag twat thought of Lukaku avoiding a Ban for kicking a player. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
zabbadabbado
De Jong's Tackle

Re: Never reading the MUEN again ever.......

Postby littlebig » Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:13 pm

Click bait bollox Zabba.

Don't mind these small minded commentators. Haters gonna hate. We are City
littlebig
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Vinnie Kompany

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:25 pm

Seems as though the spirit of Josef Goebbels is alive and well.

One of said Propaganda Minister's quotes was that the State had the absolute right to direct and formulate public opinion and it would seem that this Mr. Luckhurst is setting out and adopting this authoritarian concept for himself. He must have delusions of adequacy or, even worse, the conviction that he's a 'journalist'.

Heaven preserve us from this paradise of fools.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Original Dub » Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:32 pm

"What if that was Mourinho?"

Well, if that WAS mourinho, everybody would know he was saying something hateful and aggressive because he is a hateful and aggressive man with a litany of previous.

It really is a sad piece and I'd be embarrassed if I was a rag reading that.
Look at what they've fucking stooped to.

Arf.
Original Dub

Postby zabbadabbado » Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:37 pm

littlebig wrote:Click bait bollox Zabba.

Don't mind these small minded commentators. Haters gonna hate. We are City
Thats why i copied and pasted deny the fuckers the revenue.

I can smell their fear. :lol: :lol:

They are seriously worried about this Derby.Just done a bit of Math on the calculator (That O level has come in handy :lol: )

We have taken an astonoshing 40 points from just 14 games.

We are averaging over 2.8 points a game.

38 games x 2.8 = 106 points.

I know it is highly unlikely we will sustain such a point return long term, but you never know. We are already over a 3rd of the way through the season.

I still think December will be the defining month. We cant lose it in December, but I think we can all but win it.

If the Rags lose against the Arse on Saturday, and we beat Wet Spam on Sunday that will be an 11 point Gap going in to that Derby.

Rags will have to play to win. That will suit us nicely. :lol:
zabbadabbado
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Justified logic » Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:26 pm

This is what Mourinho does.

He's like a fucking goblin.
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:45 pm

This is what he does too.

Borat in the background cracks me up, trying his best not to see anything.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby blues2win » Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:51 pm

I’m guessing Pep said something like you’re a very good player so why didn’t you play instead of time wasting or something like that.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:16 pm

blues2win wrote:I’m guessing Pep said something like you’re a very good player so why didn’t you play instead of time wasting or something like that.

That's EXACTLY what he said...and we all know it...and Im glad he said it....shit tactics from a very good footballing Southampton side.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby City64 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:22 pm

Stuart Brennan City MEN ripping Luckhurst to pieces right now on twitter with the now correct emerging information about what Pep said to Redmond . Just highlights what SCUM OF THE EARTH the rag media are but we all know that don't we !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:53 pm

City64 wrote:Stuart Brennan City MEN ripping Luckhurst to pieces right now on twitter with the now correct emerging information about what Pep said to Redmond . Just highlights what SCUM OF THE EARTH the rag media are but we all know that don't we !

Got a link pal, would be good to read.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby freshie » Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:54 pm

freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby City64 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:13 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
City64 wrote:Stuart Brennan City MEN ripping Luckhurst to pieces right now on twitter with the now correct emerging information about what Pep said to Redmond . Just highlights what SCUM OF THE EARTH the rag media are but we all know that don't we !

There a few knocking about , here is one ..... https://twitter.com/ManCityMEN/status/9 ... 4329475072
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:19 pm

City64 wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

There a few knocking about , here is one ..... https://twitter.com/ManCityMEN/status/9 ... 4329475072

Cheers bud'. Saying it's taking too long to load so will try again later.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Return to The Maine Football forum