Team for Shakhtar

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Team for Shakhtar

Postby Dubciteh » Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:57 pm

Anyone got any thoughts for our lineup for this one? Seems a decent squad sent by Pep, id of thought the kids alone would have gone.

I think:

Bravo

Walker Tosin Mangala Danilo

Yaya Gundo

B Silva Foden Diaz

Aguero(assuming Jesus starts at OT).

Thoughts?
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Re: Team for Shakhtar

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:04 pm

I don't want us to get embarrassed against what is still a decent team who need a win.
There is definitely a case for Foden. And Yaya.

Just as an aside, I can't wait to have Stones back to choose from. We have really missed him.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby Sideshow Bob » Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:19 pm

pep's comments about "respecting the competition" have me worried that he's going to start some of our first XI. hopefully it's just lip service but we'll see. we don't need to do UEFA (or napoli) any favours - they sure AF wouldn't do any for us.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby FA cup winners 2006 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:21 pm

I am torn on this one. I thought we had 2 options.

1. Send a secondary team and let the main squad stay in Manchester and just concentrate on the utd game. Leave KDB, Silva, Sergio, Fernandinho, Ederson, Ottamendi, Walker, Delph and Sterling in Manchester. Let Pep stay too if it doesnt break the rules. Even the players that go and dont play still lose 2 days preparation and rest. 3 days lost for the players that do play.

2. Send a really strong team to try and get the juices flowing again. A few goals might bread a bit of confidence and rediscover the clinical finishing that has been missing of late.

Due to the amount of games we have played of late and the amount of games upcoming, i was leaning towards option 1 and hopefully the team will reflect this.

Also, Pep could use this game to introduce some new tactic or variation of tactic without much consequence if it doesn't gel straight away. It is a unique game where we will be playing a team who badly need to win while we are in the comfort zone and dont have any pressure on us
FA cup winners 2006
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:24 pm

FA cup winners 2006 wrote:I am torn on this one. I thought we had 2 options.

1. Send a secondary team and let the main squad stay in Manchester and just concentrate on the utd game. Leave KDB, Silva, Sergio, Fernandinho, Ederson, Ottamendi, Walker, Delph and Sterling in Manchester. Let Pep stay too if it doesnt break the rules. Even the players that go and dont play still lose 2 days preparation and rest. 3 days lost for the players that do play.

2. Send a really strong team to try and get the juices flowing again. A few goals might bread a bit of confidence and rediscover the clinical finishing that has been missing of late.

Due to the amount of games we have played of late and the amount of games upcoming, i was leaning towards option 1 and hopefully the team will reflect this.

Also, Pep could use this game to introduce some new tactic or variation of tactic without much consequence if it doesn't gel straight away. It is a unique game where we will be playing a team who badly need to win while we are in the comfort zone and dont have any pressure on us

They only need a draw.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Dubciteh » Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:24 pm

The squad was announced full squad minus KDB and SIlva. A little dissapointing.

I remember Negredo played in the semi final second leg against west ham after we had romped 6-0 at home and hurt his shoulder and was never the same again. Such an unnecesary risk for him to be even playing that game. I fear we could make same mistake again.
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID

Postby Burt » Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:40 pm

Full strength for me.

Batter them then go into the derby full of confidence and keep the winning run going.
You can beat an egg but you can't beat a fuclin good sherman tank
Burt
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby BlueinBosnia » Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:45 pm

Interesting Donetsk fact (although we're actually playing in Kharkiv) - the town was originally called 'Hughesovka', after its founder John Hughes.

Surprised we're taking the full squad out, unless it's for some conditioning/cold weather training, or just some squad bonding.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby Chinners » Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:08 pm

Burt wrote:Full strength for me.

Batter them then go into the derby full of confidence and keep the winning run going.

A decent side with key players on the bench for me ... gotta keep the winning mentality going!
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby Nigels Tackle » Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:58 pm

BlueinBosnia wrote:Interesting Donetsk fact (although we're actually playing in Kharkiv) - the town was originally called 'Hughesovka', after its founder John Hughes.

Surprised we're taking the full squad out, unless it's for some conditioning/cold weather training, or just some squad bonding.

could be this... i see snow is forecast* for manchester this coming sunday

(*according to the apple weather app)
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby london blue 2 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:03 pm

Fuck it. Rest and smash rags. The run is sweet but that game trumps our run.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Wooders » Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:19 pm

If I was given the choice of which players pep should rest, Kev and Dave would be top of the list to be fair
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby City64 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:22 pm

Shaktar only need a point , got 0 - 0 all over it this one a training excercise for both teams . Will be a tad nippy though which is a concern .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Dimples » Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:29 pm

london blue 2 wrote:Fuck it. Rest and smash rags. The run is sweet but that game trumps our run.

I agree. This is a nothing game. We are through as group winners.
We need our best 11 fully rested and fit for the Rags. No risks to be taken on this nothing game.
Sure bring lots of the squad out there if we are doing explicit training for the Rags game - great - but do not play whoever will be up against the Rags.
Explicit training should be focused on set pieces, corners and high balls into the box (a Rag special)

The Rags game is going to be a tough bruising encounter.
We know what to expect, poss 25/75, shots 4/30 shots on target 3/12, etc...
But that might be all they need, a set piece and a corner and a ball lumped into the box, three attacks, three goals, etc...

So no messing with this CL game, forget it. Get training, practice those drills for the Rags and get rested.
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby zabbadabbado » Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:43 pm

I think a few of our players look knackered, we lost John Stones because of him unnecessarily turning out for England in 2 meaningless friendlies.

If Pep decides he is going to play Silva,Walker,Sterling,Jesus in a dead rubber Champions League game.Then I don’t want to hear him complain anymore about fixture congestion after turning up his Nose at a golden opportunity to give a badly needed break to our entire first team.

I think it is insanity to make them travel 4,000 miles play in a dead rubber before the biggest game of the season.

*KDB suspended (thank fuck) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
zabbadabbado
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: KDB

Postby nottsblue » Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:04 pm

In an ideal world we send out the under 18s, or whoever we can legitimately play and leave as many first teamers resting at home.

Failing that, then can we sign Dickov, Goater, Horlock, Noël Gallagher, James H Reeve and a couple of others and see how it goes? :lol: :lol: :lol:

If that is not allowed and I suspect Pep wants to play a decent side then play something similar to what we saw in the League Cup. If Foden is going to get minutes for the first team then surely this type of game is it?
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Burt » Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:08 pm

Dimples wrote:
london blue 2 wrote:Fuck it. Rest and smash rags. The run is sweet but that game trumps our run.

I agree. This is a nothing game. We are through as group winners.
We need our best 11 fully rested and fit for the Rags. No risks to be taken on this nothing game.
Sure bring lots of the squad out there if we are doing explicit training for the Rags game - great - but do not play whoever will be up against the Rags.
Explicit training should be focused on set pieces, corners and high balls into the box (a Rag special)

The Rags game is going to be a tough bruising encounter.
We know what to expect, poss 25/75, shots 4/30 shots on target 3/12, etc...
But that might be all they need, a set piece and a corner and a ball lumped into the box, three attacks, three goals, etc...

So no messing with this CL game, forget it. Get training, practice those drills for the Rags and get rested.

This is not a nothing game with our extraordinary winning run. Never saw Liverpool play weakened team when they were winning everything years ago. Go for it. This team wants to play and smash records!
You can beat an egg but you can't beat a fuclin good sherman tank
Burt
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby South Stand Balti » Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:34 pm

I agree. It's not long since Pep was talking about the need for a winter break. Now we are flying the likes off Delph and Vince over there and back. Injury prone players should be left at home. Walker and Fern as well.....bit of rest.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby johnny crossan » Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:29 pm

-------------------------------Ederson----------------------------
----------Otamendi---------Tosin-----------Mangala----=---
Danilo----------Gundogan--------Yaya---------------Sane
-------Bernardo------------Aguero-------------Diaz-----------

Bench: Bravo, Walker, Kompany, Delph, Fernandinho, Sterling, Jesus.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City

Postby Sideshow Bob » Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:57 pm

this is f*king lunacy!!!!!! if our season goes tits up, this will be a big reason why.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum