Other games thread

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Other games thread

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:03 am

freshie wrote:Watching MOTD and there are quite a few empty seats at the Swamp haha

Those cockneys missed a treat.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby patrickblue » Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:00 am

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:
sheblue wrote:Watching the last 15 mins of rags v brighton. Rags holding on there at the end at HOME in the old toilet shithole.
The players look lost.
The end is nigh.
The end is nigh.

This followed the stream I watched. How the fuck are they second. They worry me in that it reminds me when Van Perse was there. Dogshit and yet scraped win after win.
Hanging on grimly while Bournemouth had a right go. Counter attacking? They couldn't string two passes together with half the park to aim at!

Me too, they were just totally flat dull and uninspiring.
Shame that they've got such a fantastic goalkeeper who ensures they can hang on in these sort of games.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby nottsblue » Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:47 am

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:West Brom, Newcastle and Stoke are all looking very vulnerable at the wrong end of the table at the moment; all of them just hovering above the drop zone.

Looks like at least one of those could feasibly go down. Hope it's Stoke.
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby BlueinBosnia » Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:56 am

nottsblue wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:West Brom, Newcastle and Stoke are all looking very vulnerable at the wrong end of the table at the moment; all of them just hovering above the drop zone.

In fairness, the bottom half of the table is incredibly close, and, with the fixture congestion at the moment, a team in the relegation zone could easily find themselves in the 'comfort' of midtable 7 days later.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby mr_nool » Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:20 am

BlueinBosnia wrote:
nottsblue wrote:

In fairness, the bottom half of the table is incredibly close, and, with the fixture congestion at the moment, a team in the relegation zone could easily find themselves in the 'comfort' of midtable 7 days later.

Everton is a good example of that.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:47 am

How the hell are Utd as close as they are to City? Really bang average. Last 3 home games they have 2 scruffy ,lucky 1 nil wins and lucky to only lose by one against City.

Chelsea, LPool and Spurs seem better than them but just throw in silly results every so often. Maybe all will change in the 2nd half of the season.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Nigels Tackle » Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:36 am

BlueinBosnia wrote:
nottsblue wrote:

4 leagues in 1
there's us on our own for the title
rags/dippers/tarquins/chavs/yids for the other cl places
burnley/leicester/everton for the europa league
the rest are in a relegation battle
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby gmercer1 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:12 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:How the hell are Utd as close as they are to City? Really bang average. Last 3 home games they have 2 scruffy ,lucky 1 nil wins and lucky to only lose by one against City.

Chelsea, LPool and Spurs seem better than them but just throw in silly results every so often. Maybe all will change in the 2nd half of the season.

Doug, you have it all wrong mate.......its only City that have scraped through to wins over the last few games.......well that's according to SKY!
gmercer1
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Aguero

Postby iwasthere2012 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:31 pm

gmercer1 wrote:
Douglas Higginbottom wrote:How the hell are Utd as close as they are to City? Really bang average. Last 3 home games they have 2 scruffy ,lucky 1 nil wins and lucky to only lose by one against City.

Doug, you have it all wrong mate.......its only City that have scraped through to wins over the last few games.......well that's according to SKY!

Joking aside, it’s the manner in which we’ve gone about our business compared to them. We have still played to our philosophy even losing key personnel.
We were going through a trough by our standards but still delivering.

They play the percentages all the time. That is why they are ahead of the much more attractive football being played by Liverpool,Arsenal, Spuds and Chelsea who are more susceptible to dropping clangers.

I still think it could go completely pear-shaped for them. There is only so many melt downs that the United hierarchy will tolerate.
He’ll leave that club in worse shape than he picked them up.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby BlueinBosnia » Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:41 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:
BlueinBosnia wrote:
nottsblue wrote:

4 leagues in 1
there's us on our own for the title
rags/dippers/tarquins/chavs/yids for the other cl places
burnley/leicester/everton for the europa league
the rest are in a relegation battle

I'd say it's a bit different:

Us on our own
Rags/Chelsea for 2nd & 3rd
Spurs, Burnley, Liverpool and Arsenal for 4th/EL
Leicester, Watford, Everton with 'nothing to play for'
All the rest in a relegation battle

In 12 days' time, this could be massively different, though...
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby Dimples » Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:49 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
gmercer1 wrote:

Joking aside, it’s the manner in which we’ve gone about our business compared to them. We have still played to our philosophy even losing key personnel.

They play the percentages all the time. That is why they are ahead of the much more attractive football being played by Liverpool,Arsenal, Spuds and Chelsea who are more susceptible to dropping clangers.

I still think it could go completely pear-shaped for them. There is only so many melt downs that the United hierarchy will tolerate.

I never write them of.
They turn a pigs ear into a silk purse.
If they get a top class mid and forward they would be very close to us results wise, for ex, Bale and Ozil.
Light years away from us in terms of style, creativity, etc... but in terms of points on the board - very close.

Don't forget they were missing Pogba and Fellini last night ;)
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:08 pm

Dimples wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:
gmercer1 wrote:

I never write them of.
If they get a top class mid and forward they would be very close to us results wise, for ex, Bale and Ozil.
Light years away from us in terms of style, creativity, etc... but in terms of points on the board - very close.

Also we have a first choice back four(when fit) of Walker Kompany Stones Mendy. None of these played last night and 3 of them are out injured.
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Dimples » Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:22 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
Dimples wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:
gmercer1 wrote:

I never write them of.

Also we have a first choice back four(when fit) of Walker Kompany Stones Mendy. None of these played last night and 3 of them are out injured.

Yep.
Just saying they are ugly as can be and hard to kill off - like a vampire
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby gillie » Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:37 pm

Duckman wrote:Lol at the ref in the scum game
Ashley “a bird shat in my mouth” Young was three feet away on that last b’mouth free kick

Lukaku should have been sent off for his challenge on Ake and if he had he would not have scored the goal.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Sideshow Bob » Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:09 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
Dimples wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:
gmercer1 wrote:

I never write them of.

no way is kompany a part of our first choice back 4, even if he could stay healthy. not anymore. otamendi/stones is miles better than kompany/stones.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby gmercer1 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:43 am

Dimples wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:
gmercer1 wrote:

I never write them of.

Ozil top class :shock: .......lazy ass maybe!
gmercer1
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Aguero

Postby iwasthere2012 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:28 pm

gmercer1 wrote:
Dimples wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:
gmercer1 wrote:

I never write them of.

find it hard to imagine Ozil fitting into a Mourinho team.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Justified logic » Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:29 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
gmercer1 wrote:
Dimples wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:
gmercer1 wrote:Doug, you have it all wrong mate.......its only City that have scraped through to wins over the last few games.......well that's according to SKY!

I never write them of.

find it hard to imagine Ozil fitting into a Mourinho team.

How about if he wears platforms and elbow spikes?
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby iwasthere2012 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:33 pm

How about if he wears platforms and elbow spikes?

He'd look the part then, but would he put in the tackles above the knee.?
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby dazby » Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:15 pm

Palace two up. Leicester’s passing options in transition are a bit weird. They seem too focused on keeping possession rather than taking a chance and trying to exploit Vardy’s pace.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum