Sunday's Derby B*ll*x

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Sunday's Derby B*ll*x

Postby Chinners » Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:01 am

THE BOLLOX

Watch on youtube.com

Firstly, sorry for the recent lack of B*ll*x, computer virus shyte was occurring . . . anyway, tis 'Thrash the trash' day, enjoy!!! . . .

Watch on youtube.com

Guardiola has no regrets at snubbing chance to succeed Ferguson at Man Utd
The Catalan coach spoke with the Red Devils' iconic former boss prior to his retirement but ended up heading to England at Manchester City in 2016
He insists that he never spotted an invitation to head to Old Trafford and has no complaints at having ended up across Manchester at the Etihad Stadium via three years at Bayern Munich.
Guardiola told reporters on his meeting with Ferguson: “My English in that period was not as good as it is right now – and so maybe I just didn’t understand what Sir Alex told me.
“We met in a magnificent restaurant for dinner and I think he has said he suggested to me something about going to Old Trafford.
“But I really don’t remember that. We spoke about life, about football, about the Premier League, I remember.
“But there was no message sent to me under the table about United. I think I would remember that.
“It was just two friends, two colleagues in football, talking about many, many things.
“What I do remember was that Sir Alex spoke really fast and it was difficult to understand him.
“But it was nice because he chose an amazing restaurant – and of course he paid!”
Guardiola added: “In that period I had already talked to Bayern ­Munich and it was clear to me that I was going to experience Germany.
“Bayern Munich were the first club to call me, and then ­Manchester City, but I had already decided to try to prove myself in Germany and live that experience.
“After that, from almost the day I arrived, Manchester City asked me again and I said that if I went to the Premier League I would go to them.
“I spoke to [City chairman] ­Khaldoon [Al Mubarak] and [City director of football] Txiki ­[Begiristain] again during my last period in Bayern Munich and they showed more ­interest than any other club to pick me up.
“That was so important to me – and believe me, I don’t have any regrets.”
Guardiola will be at Old Trafford on Sunday with City, as he prepares to rekindle his rivalry with old adversary Jose Mourinho in another Premier League derby duel.

Watch on youtube.com

Jose Mourinho says Manchester City prone to commit tactical fouls
On the eve of Sunday's Manchester derby, United boss Mourinho has been talking about how Pep Guardiola's attacking City side are able to recover defensively.
The blue side of Manchester has become synonymous with free-flowing football under Guardiola, particularly in this, the second season of his tenure.
Mourinho is a fan, but reckons committing fouls on purpose helps their mastery.
"It is a strategy [City] have," he told multiple English newspapers.
"They attack with a lot of players. When they lose the ball, they are many times unbalanced in numbers, they have lots of people surrounding the ball area and have a very strong -- and this is a great quality -- transition in the next few seconds after they lose the ball, and many times they need what is called a tactical foul.
"Then it is up to the referee to analyse and make a decision about it, but I cannot speak about that."
While Mourinho's comments were not hugely inflammatory, they come out just a day after he said it only takes a "little bit of wind" to send City's players to the floor.
The Portuguese has been largely complimentary about his old foe Guardiola and his players, though, saying: "They are a good team. They defend well, they react well to the moment they lose the ball.
"They have a good dynamic in attack, they have creative movement. They have amazing players, they have a fantastic coach, they have lots of good things."

Watch on youtube.com

Manchester City star Raheem Sterling says his next transfer will take him abroad as he rules out Arsenal move
England star Raheem Sterling has indicated he would prefer to go abroad if he left Manchester City rather than join Arsenal, who tried to sign him in the summer.
Sterling, who is settled at the Etihad and has two-and-a-half years left on his contract, was wanted by manager Arsene Wenger as part of a deal to take Alexis Sanchez to City.
City boss Pep Guardiola rebuffed the idea and Sterling, who turned 23 on Friday, has been in scintillating form with a career-high 13 goals already this season ahead of Sunday's Manchester derby against United at Old Trafford.
The in-form England star explained: 'Spain's attractive. Anywhere the weather is nice really!'
Contract talks between Sterling and City are expected to start after the World Cup next summer but, looking further ahead, the winger says he would like to go overseas instead of returning to London, where he started his career at QPR.
'I'm happy at Man City at the moment,' he says. 'But nobody knows what the future brings so one day, definitely, it would be nice to play abroad. It would be a great experience.
Sterling has thrived at City under Guardiola despite the £43million arrival of Bernardo Silva putting pressure on him and Leroy Sane for a starting place.
Last month, Sterling scored the winners in consecutive games against Feyenoord, Huddersfield and Southampton.
'Bernardo Silva came in and that competition, stuff like that spurs me into trying to do well, to get better,' he said.

Watch on youtube.com

OLD SKOOL BANNERS BOLLOX
Craigmcfc
The original marquee signing

Manchester derby: Pep Guardiola’s Manchester City gives United legend Eric Cantona a ‘f****** hard on’
ERIC Cantona wants Manchester United to win the Manchester derby, but the Frenchman admitted Pep Guardiola’s Manchester City gives him a “f****** hard on.”
The Red Devils legend recently said that Guardiola would be a better fit for United than Jose Mourinho, and now he’s heaved more praise onto the Spaniard.
“On one side, my heart was, is, and will forever be beating for United,” Cantona said in a Eurosport video previewing the derby.
“On the other side, there is this bald guy whose vision of ‘total football’ gives me a f****** hard on.
However, Guardiola never shared Cantona’s desire for him to lead United.
Rather, the Spanish manager said City were always his first-choice club when he decided to come to the Premier League, despite Alex Ferguson’s attempt to lure him to Manchester United.
Former United manager Ferguson wrote in his 2015 book ‘Leading’ that he asked Guardiola to contact him before accepting his next job during a dinner in New York in 2012.
But Guardiola, who was then on a sabbatical, has played down the idea Ferguson proposed the United job to him.
“My English is not perfect now, but it’s a little bit better. But in that period my English was not good and maybe I didn’t understand him,” Guardiola said on the eve of Sunday’s Manchester derby.
“But I don’t remember, when we were in a magnificent restaurant having dinner, that he suggested to me that I should go to Old Trafford. I don’t remember. I know he said that, but I don’t remember.
“We spoke about life, about football of course, about the Premier League, but he never sent me a message under the table to say: ‘Maybe, you know, United will be involved,’ or something like that.
“I don’t remember that. It was just two friends, two colleagues in football, talking about many, many things.
“When he spoke really fast, it was difficult to understand him. But it was nice because he chose an amazing restaurant and of course he paid.”
Ferguson stepped down at United at the end of the 2012-13 season, but by then Guardiola had already committed to join Bayern Munich.
In any case, Guardiola said he wanted to join City and link up again with director of football Txiki Begiristain, with whom he had previously worked at Barcelona.
“I had already spoken to Bayern,” Guardiola told reporters in Manchester this week.
“And in my mind, I was clear that I wanted to live that amazing experience in Germany.
“Bayern Munich were the first to call me, alongside Manchester City. But I decided to go to Germany, to learn German and to live that experience.
“From the moment Manchester City approached, I decided that if I were to go to the Premier League, I would go with them, because I know Txiki.
“I met Khaldoon (al Mubarak, the City chairman) there in my last period in Munich and they showed more interest than any other club to pick me up and that was so important for me.
“They said: ‘We want you, not just for the hypothetical titles you are going to win, or won in the past. We want you.’ “That’s why I decided to come here. And believe me, I don’t have any regrets about that.”
Guardiola retains plenty of admiration for Ferguson, who won 49 trophies in 26 and a half glittering years as United manager.
“Definitely. Definitely,” said Guardiola. “Just imagine, 13 Premier Leagues. That’s why he’s ‘Sir’.
“It’s magnificent, what he’s done. I said many times that sometimes you are lucky to be manager for one period when you have a group or generation of amazing players and you win a lot of titles.
“He had a generation, out. A new one and win again, out. New one and win again. That is so complicated.
“To maintain that for a long time and be there winning with attractive football, scoring lot of goals and not just in ‘Fergie time’, but during the games... I respect his long career.”

Watch on youtube.com

OTHER BOLLOX
Olivier Giroud wants a loan move from Arsenal to get regular first-team football and secure his place in France's World Cup squad. West Ham and Crystal Palace are both interested in the 31-year-old striker. (Sunday Mirror)

Chelsea forward Eden Hazard, 26, says he is no rush to leave the club, after being linked with a move to Real Madrid. (Onze Mondial, via Sun on Sunday)

Chelsea goalkeeper Thibaut Courtois says there is "no reason" for him to not sign a new contract. The 25-year-old had been linked with a return to Spain. (VTM Stadion, via Evening Standard)

Liverpool playmaker Philippe Coutinho wants assurances he will be allowed to join Barcelona next summer, allowing the 25-year-old to concentrate on his final few months at Anfield. (Sunday Mirror)

Chelsea will allow striker Michy Batshuayi, 24, to go out on loan in January. (Sun on Sunday)

Goalkeeper Joe Hart, 30, will not be allowed to end his loan move to West Ham in January. (Sunday Times)

Jack Wilshere is confident he can force his way back into Arsenal's plans. The club have yet to make an offer to extend the 25-year-old midfielder's contract, which ends in June. (Sunday Telegraph)

Liverpool,Manchester United and Tottenham have joined Everton in registering an interest in Augsburg left-back Philipp Max, 24. (Mail on Sunday)
Everton and West Ham are monitoring Leicester forward Josh Eppiah, 19. (ESPN)

Manchester United have made Juventus' Alex Sandro, 26, their primary left-back target. The club had initially wanted to sign Danny Rose, 27, but have become wary of dealing with Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy. (Independent)

Manchester United have invited 17-year-old winger Alphonso Davies, who plays for MLS side Vancouver Whitecaps, to train with the club. (CTV, via Sunday Express)

Paris St-Germain forward Hatem Ben Arfa, 30, and winger Lucas Moura, 25, have been spoken to about potential January moves. (ESPN) Sunday Times

Stoke City manager Mark Hughes has dismissed suggestions he could be sacked. Hughes' side have lost three of their past four league games. (Talksport)
Cristiano Ronaldo's son told his dad he was going to grow up to be "better than him" at football after the Real Madrid forward won his fifth Ballon d'Or. (Sunday Mirror)

Liverpool goalkeeper Simon Mignolet sent Kamil Grabara a message of congratulations after the 18-year-old signed a new long-term deal at the club. (Sunday Express)

Chelsea forward Michy Batshuayi was mocked by fans after cradling a hot water bottle on the bench during the first half of the Blues' 1-0 loss to West Ham. (Sun on Sunday)

Bournemouth striker Jermain Defoe had a cheeky comeback to Crystal Palace manager Roy Hodgson when the two bumped into each other after their Premier League meeting. (BBC Radio Solent)

Memories of past football matches are being used by a charity to help ease the loneliness of dementia sufferers and stimulate their memories. (Sunday Telegraph)

Manchester United have offered left-back Luke Shaw, 22, to a host of Premier League clubs as manager Jose Mourinho looks to raise funds for the January transfer window. (Daily Record)

Chelsea fear goalkeeper Thibaut Courtois, 25, could reject a new deal amid interest from Real Madrid. (Mail)

Tottenham boss Mauricio Pochettino is open to the prospect of Real Madrid forward Gareth Bale, 28, returning to the club. (Express)

Arsenal target Steven N'Zonzi has been left out of Sevilla's squad for their match against Real Madrid this weekend as speculation over the 28-year-old midfielder's future intensifies. (Metro)

The Gunners have yet to offer midfielder Jack Wilshere a new deal, despite the 25-year-old England international's contract expiring at the end of the season. (Telegraph)

Watch on youtube.com

GOLdEN BOLLOX from 10-12-2008

SUNDERLAND GOSSIP
Sunderland chairman Niall Quinn will draw up a five-man shortlist on Wednesday for the vacant managers' job at the Stadium of Light. (Daily Star)

The Black Cats' majority shareholder Ellis Short favours a continental appointment, with former Ajax boss Ronald Koeman and Red Bull Salzburg manager Co Adriaanse among those being considered. (Daily Star)

Short wants a young, possibly foreign, manager with a track record of winning trophies. (The Guardian)

Koeman and Adriaanse are not the only Dutch managers in the reckoning because of the growing influence of Sunderland's new international business development manager Chris Woerts, the former Feyenoord chief executive. (The Guardian)

Highly-rated Burnley boss Owen Coyle also has backers in the Sunderland boardroom. (Daily Star)

But former England manager Sven-Goran Eriksson is happy in his current role as Mexico coach and is not in the running. (Daily Telegraph)

TRANSFER GOSSIP
West Ham are willing to sell Wales striker Craig Bellamy to raise funds for new signings. (Daily Mirror)

Hammers boss Gianfranco Zola will listen to bids for Bellamy, Dean Ashton and Carlton Cole - who only signed a new five-year deal in November. (Daily Express)

West Ham midfielders Lee Bowyer and Nigel Quashie, plus defender Calum Davenport and forward Luis Boa Morte are also up for grabs as Zola looks to fund a bid for £7m-rated Fiorentina striker Giampaolo Pazzini. (Daily Express)

Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp will test the Hammers' resolve to keep goalkeeper Robert Green and defender Matthew Upson with a £16m joint bid when the transfer window re-opens. (Daily Mail)

Redknapp plans to raid another of his old clubs by signing Portsmouth right-back Glen Johnson for about £6m but will have to sell players first. (The Independent)

New Real Madrid boss Juande Ramos will return to his former club Tottenham to try to sign wingers David Bentley and Aaron Lennon in January. (Daily Star)

Ramos is desperate to bring some new widemen to the Bernabeu and is also targeting Bayern Munich's Bastien Schweinsteiger and Napoli's Marek Hamsik. (Daily Star)

Chelsea are planning an £8m bid for Middlesbrough striker Tuncay in the new year. (Daily Mail)

Middlesbrough also face a fight to keep England winger Stewart Downing, with Tottenham believed to be ready to match Boro's £12m valuation. (Daily Mail)

Arsenal defender Emmanuel Eboue is on the brink of quitting the club after being barracked by Gunners fans. (Daily Mirror)

Wigan boss Steve Bruce is considering making a January move for Newcastle midfielder Nicky Butt, who is out of contract in the summer. (The Sun)

Bolton are also keen on Butt, and will offer the 34-year-old a two-year deal. (Daily Star)

Hull City are planning an £8m raid for Manchester United striker Fraizer Campbell, currently on loan at Tottenham, after his successful loan stint at the KC Stadium last season. (Daily Star)

Bolton boss Gary Megson is set to make a £5m bid for Wolves winger Michael Kightly in the January transfer window. (Daily Mirror)

Fulham hope to beat QPR to the £500,000 signing of Crystal Palace midfielder Ben Watson next month. (The Sun)

Aston Villa boss Martin O'Neill has lined up a £3m bid for teenage Crystal Palace midfielder Sean Scannell. (Daily Express)

Portsmouth striker David Nugent will turn down a move to Everton because he wants to prove himself at Fratton Park. (Daily Mirror)

Newcastle, Aston Villa and Everton are all chasing Inter Milan striker David Suazo, who has been on loan at Benfica. (The Sun)

West Brom boss Tony Mowbray has lined up bids for Lens striker Aruna Dindane and Aston Villa forward Marlon Harewood and is keen to take Arsenal duo Jay Simpson and Carlos Vela on loan. (Daily Mirror)

The Baggies are also hoping to sign Mallorca's Argentine forward Oscar Trejo on loan. (The Times)

Manchester United striker Manucho is another loan target for the Baggies. (Daily Mail)

Hull have joined Bolton in the race to sign Sheffield Wednesday's £2m-rated defender Mark Beevers. (Daily Star)

Stoke are set to make a £1m-plus offer for Derby midfielder Miles Addison. (Daily Mirror)

Middlesbrough are keen on MFK Kosice midfielder Nemanja Matic and his team-mate, defender Juraj Hovancik. (Daily Star)

Lee Croft could turn down a new contract with Norwich City in order to join Sheffield United on a free transfer. (Daily Mirror)

OTHER FOOTBALL GOSSIP
Under-pressure Blackburn manager Paul Ince has been granted a stay of execution but will be sacked if his side lose at Wigan on Saturday. (Daily Mirror)

Ince has been told he has four more games to save his job. (The Sun)

Rovers chairman John Williams held off calls from directors and trustees to get rid of Ince at a board meeting on Tuesday, arguing he deserved another chance. (Daily Mirror)

But Blackburn are already thinking about who will succeed Ince, with former Bolton boss Sam Allardyce and ex-Rovers manager Graeme Souness in the frame. (Daily Mirror)

Souness and former Chelsea manager Avram Grant are the leading contenders to replace Ince. (The Sun)

Ince blames his side's struggles on the club's decision to sell star players goalkeeper Brad Friedel and winger David Bentley in the summer, without replacing them. (The Sun)

Blackburn have only a minimal transfer budget to strengthen their squad in January. (The Guardian)

Liverpool manager Rafa Benitez has been offered a new four-and-a-half year contract at Anfield worth £16m. (Daily Mirror)

Manchester City have begun sponsorship talks with airline Etihad that could eclipse Manchester United's £56.5m deal with AIG and become the biggest in English football. (The Guardian)

New Real Madrid coach Juande Ramos will appoint Marcos Alvarez, who worked under him at Tottenham, as his number two at the Bernabeu - but will not offer a post to Gus Poyet, who was another of his assistants at Spurs. (The Guardian)

West Ham defender Matthew Upson says the outcome of his side's next two games - against Chelsea and Aston Villa - will decide whether they face a relegation battle this season. (Daily Mirror)

Huddersfield are set to appoint Norwich assistant boss Lee Clark as their new manager, with former Newcastle and Manchester City coach Derek Fazackerley arriving as his number two. (The Sun)

Clark will be named as the Terriers new boss this week after impressing at two interviews. (Daily Star)

Former Watford boss Aidy Boothroyd turned down the Huddersfield job. (Daily Star)

Charlton caretaker boss Phil Parkinson is already fearing for his future at The Valley after the Addicks lost at home to Coventry City on Tuesday. (The Sun)

Former West Ham and Celtic striker Paolo Di Canio is keen on becoming Charlton's new manager. (Daily Star)

Celtic boss Gordon Strachan says the club's new midweek booze curfew is permanent. (Daily Record)

Former Scotland international defender Matt Elliott is a contender for the vacant manager's job at his old club Oxford United. (Daily Star)

Aberdeen have hit Kilmarnock with a £4,000 hotel bill over the Dons' wasted journey to Ayrshire for last weekend's SPL fixture which was postponed despite undersoil heating at Rugby Park. (Daily Record)

WAG OF THE DAY
http://www.thespoiler.co.uk/index.php/2 ... #more-6076

CITY BOLLOX
Man City Eye Swoop For Arsenal Legend
http://www.premiershiplatest.com/news/m ... 16078.html

Manchester City aim to tie up £2.3m sponsorship deal with Etihad
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... l?ITO=1490

Villa agent flies in
http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ ... _flies_in_

WAGVENT CALENDAR
http://www.thespoiler.co.uk/index.php/wagvent-2008

AND FINALLY
Krystell Sidwell, wife of Aston Villa midfielder Steve, has hit back at Chelsea boss Luiz Felipe Scolari's claims that too many WAGs are flash party girls who love the limelight. (Daily Star)

Watch on youtube.com

MORE BOLLOX LATER ...
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Re: Sunday's Derby B*ll*x

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:34 am

I remember that tackle - dirty stinkin ginger.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Re: Sunday's Derby B*ll*x

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:27 am

I'm not surprised Pep couldn't understand a word Fergiescum was saying, neither could the rest of us.

Cantona's hard-on is really TMI!
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Return to The Maine Football forum