Scums next manager

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Scums next manager

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:49 pm

sheblue wrote:If the rags finish second there us something seriously wrong. They are abysmal I expect them to scrape 4th at best.

They’re second right now and all the other contenders have dropped points in the last couple of weeks to sides much lower, why everyone thinks they’re in free fall after losing to us by one goal I’m not sure. We hammered Liverpool and outplayed Chelsea away too so it’s not like we did something to them we haven’t done to the others. The fact that Jose played that way v us means he hasn’t changed his ways and is likely to accept second with the chance that we slip up and his methods win the league.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby iwasthere2012 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:05 pm

Pretty Boy Lee wrote:
sheblue wrote:If the rags finish second there us something seriously wrong. They are abysmal I expect them to scrape 4th at best.

They’re second right now and all the other contenders have dropped points in the last couple of weeks to sides much lower, why everyone thinks they’re in free fall after losing to us by one goal I’m not sure. We hammered Liverpool and outplayed Chelsea away too so it’s not like we did something to them we haven’t done to the others. The fact that Jose played that way v us means he hasn’t changed his ways and is likely to accept second with the chance that we slip up and his methods win the league.

It’s not really a discussion bout United being in free fall. It’s more to do with the consequences of when Jose moves on.

I think he’s poison and it’s inevitable that they’ll part ways acrimoniously. Hopefully he moves on and destroys PSG afterwards.

But back to United. The fall out from last Sunday is that there are far more Rag fans fed up with him now than there was beforehand. Judging from any I’ve spoken to and what I’ve seen on YouTube, it wouldn’t take much of a wobble in results for there to be a complete meltdown.

We on the other hand have never had it so calm. We as fans have mostly accepted that this run will have to end sometime but are pleasantly surprised week after week.

With the football we are witnessing, a blip would be forgiven knowing we are definitely heading in the right direction.
The plan looks very promising for the future.

If United go looking for s new manager anytime soon, where does that leave them.
They don’t seem to have an ongoing plan, so is it just back to the drawing board?
That just loses them more ground in my opinion even though there is always the possibility that they’ll get someone decent eventually.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:31 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
Pretty Boy Lee wrote:

It’s not really a discussion bout United being in free fall. It’s more to do with the consequences of when Jose moves on.

I think he’s poison and it’s inevitable that they’ll part ways acrimoniously. Hopefully he moves on and destroys PSG afterwards.

But back to United. The fall out from last Sunday is that there are far more Rag fans fed up with him now than there was beforehand. Judging from any I’ve spoken to and what I’ve seen on YouTube, it wouldn’t take much of a wobble in results for there to be a complete meltdown.

We on the other hand have never had it so calm. We as fans have mostly accepted that this run will have to end sometime but are pleasantly surprised week after week.

With the football we are witnessing, a blip would be forgiven knowing we are definitely heading in the right direction.

If United go looking for s new manager anytime soon, where does that leave them.
They don’t seem to have an ongoing plan, so is it just back to the drawing board?
That just loses them more ground in my opinion even though there is always the possibility that they’ll get someone decent eventually.

Say what you will about the scum, but anybody thinking a few YouTube rants will swing the club against Jose while they are higher in the league than they have been in years is being a tad naive in my humble opinion.

We outplayed them last year too remember.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Justified logic » Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:50 am

Pretty Boy Lee wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:
Pretty Boy Lee wrote:

Say what you will about the scum, but anybody thinking a few YouTube rants will swing the club against Jose while they are higher in the league than they have been in years is being a tad naive in my humble opinion.

We outplayed them last year too remember.

IWT said "it wouldn't take much of a wobble in results" which I take to mean dropping down to 4th - 7th and in danger of no CL next season. I think that IWT has, as usual, got it spot on. Poor prospects combined with an already loathing of Mourinho and his terrible style of football would see them implode, again, hopefully(!)

The club has no plan; the management just lunge from one crisis decision to the next crisis decision. Thank you baconface!
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum