Lawro & DC predictions v Spuds (H)

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Lawro & DC predictions v Spuds (H)

Postby Wonderwall » Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:20 am

Lawro is up against some WWE fella this week who hasn't a clue. Plus some great analysis from DC, ok maybe not.

Lawro says

It is really important for Tottenham that Mauricio Pochettino's side acquit themselves well here. Spurs' record under him in the big games, especially away from home, has been poor - just one win in 17.

Man City 'one of the best teams ever'
City have just been great and Tottenham will have to be at their best to hold them up - but I think they can be the team to do it.

Lawro's prediction: 1-1

Cena's prediction: Everyone in the internet world is going to think I am going to choose the Spurs. You're right... Tottenham all the way. 0-1

Merson says
If Tottenham had their best team out they would give them a game but I don't think they will do it with the defenders they have out. Toby Alderweireld is probably the best defender in the world in my opinion and he is badly missed. And Davinson Sanchez is out along with Victor Wanyama, so they are missing big players. Otherwise it would have been game on.

I do think we are getting a bit carried away with City though. It's great what they are doing but great teams win things and they haven't won anything yet. They will win the league, but we have short memories of how great Manchester United were and also the Arsenal 'Invincibles' team.

City are playing great, don't get me wrong, but you have to remember that 10 years ago anybody could beat anybody. The gap between top and bottom now is enormous, whereas 10 years ago a team like Stoke could be bottom of the league and you would go there and it would be one of your hardest games of the season. That's not the case now.

PAUL PREDICTS: 3-1 (10/1 with Sky Bet)

But he also says in his rags write up...

I thought Manchester United were the only team that could beat Manchester City but I was embarrassed by them last week, I thought they were atrocious. A big team like Manchester United playing at home and just trying to keep the score down. It was really poor.

Not getting carried away then are you, daft twat
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Re: Lawro & DC predictions v Spuds (H)

Postby zuricity » Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:44 am

Wonderwall wrote:Lawro is up against some WWE fella this week who hasn't a clue. Plus some great analysis from DC, ok maybe not.

Lawro says

It is really important for Tottenham that Mauricio Pochettino's side acquit themselves well here. Spurs' record under him in the big games, especially away from home, has been poor - just one win in 17.

Man City 'one of the best teams ever'
City have just been great and Tottenham will have to be at their best to hold them up - but I think they can be the team to do it.

Lawro's prediction: 1-1

Cena's prediction: Everyone in the internet world is going to think I am going to choose the Spurs. You're right... Tottenham all the way. 0-1

Merson says
If Tottenham had their best team out they would give them a game but I don't think they will do it with the defenders they have out. Toby Alderweireld is probably the best defender in the world in my opinion and he is badly missed. And Davinson Sanchez is out along with Victor Wanyama, so they are missing big players. Otherwise it would have been game on.

I do think we are getting a bit carried away with City though. It's great what they are doing but great teams win things and they haven't won anything yet. They will win the league, but we have short memories of how great Manchester United were and also the Arsenal 'Invincibles' team.

City are playing great, don't get me wrong, but you have to remember that 10 years ago anybody could beat anybody. The gap between top and bottom now is enormous, whereas 10 years ago a team like Stoke could be bottom of the league and you would go there and it would be one of your hardest games of the season. That's not the case now.

PAUL PREDICTS: 3-1 (10/1 with Sky Bet)

But he also says in his rags write up...

I thought Manchester United were the only team that could beat Manchester City but I was embarrassed by them last week, I thought they were atrocious. A big team like Manchester United playing at home and just trying to keep the score down. It was really poor.

Not getting carried away then are you, daft twat

short term memory loss is a direct result of drug abuse y‘know .
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby sheblue » Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:00 am

Merson :lol: :lol: :lol:
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:53 am

I notice this more and more, getting carried away and not won anything yet. It's a wierd cliche because you can only say what you see at the moment and that's the great football combined with us dropping records all over the place. And that's where you can start to ask the question, could this be the best team ever?

Seems that quite a few ex-pundits just need to throw in the 'Ifs & Buts' as the majority are still on-script with their paymasters but at least we are seeing honest and unbiased opinion from elsewhere in the media, and a refreshing change it is.

Oh, and I agree with DC, 3-1 today will do me nicely.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:32 am

I think DC is getting carried away with '10 years ago anybody could beat anybody'. Yes you would get the odd result against the top teams, as you still do (Huddersfield v rags!), but mainly the Sky four would turn up and win. I'll take his score prediction though.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Dunne's Half-Time Pint » Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:02 pm

Hutch's Shoulder wrote:I think DC is getting carried away with '10 years ago anybody could beat anybody'. Yes you would get the odd result against the top teams, as you still do (Huddersfield v rags!), but mainly the Sky four would turn up and win. I'll take his score prediction though.

This is correct. 10 years ago Derby went down with about 10 points or something and Utd had a goal difference of +60.
All we are saying is give Doug a pass.
Dunne's Half-Time Pint
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:59 pm

Hutch's Shoulder wrote:I think DC is getting carried away with '10 years ago anybody could beat anybody'. Yes you would get the odd result against the top teams, as you still do (Huddersfield v rags!), but mainly the Sky four would turn up and win. I'll take his score prediction though.

I also think he's lost the plot when he claims Alderweirdo is the best defender in the world.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:23 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:

I also think he's lost the plot when he claims Alderweirdo is the best defender in the world.

He means in his world, which isn't the same world most of the rest of us share.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:53 pm

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:

He means in his world, which isn't the same world most of the rest of us share.

Thanks for the correction PD; that makes sense now, or at least more sense than Merson does.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Return to The Maine Football forum