Big Dave

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Big Dave

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:41 pm

johnny crossan wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:Absolutely nothing sarcastic about my apology, I was ( and still am) taken aback that my original post was considered unhelpful and was apologising for it. Next time I won't bother my bollox.

I'll drink to that fbj ;)

chin-chin
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby zabbadabbado » Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:00 pm

I think deep down we are all a bit concerned,and will be, until we hear official news. Older City fans (like me) are naturally pessimistic by nature. :lol: :lol: There was a time not that long ago, when the Sky was always falling in. :cry:

Our performance on the pitch didn’t seem unduly subdued yesterday .All KDB needed was Superman Cape. And a pair of jeggins. :lol: :lol:
Last edited by zabbadabbado on Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zabbadabbado
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: KDB

Postby City64 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:17 pm

Didn't Dave shave his head in respect for a close friend who was seriously ill ..........

Come on guys lets all show dignity and and respect to one of our greatest ever players, that's the very least we can do right now !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby AG7 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:56 pm

I just spoke to a friend who’s very close to someone inside the club and all I can say is that he’d be out for a while with this personal issue. Don’t see him slotting back in the team in a few days. But he himself is fine physically and health wise so at some point, when he has dealt with this emotionally, he’ll be back! And club won’t be issuing any statement or any news on it as that’s how he wants it, so we should all respect his wishes and leave it at that. Out thoughts and prayers with David and all his family/friends/relatives whoever maybe going through a tough time. I say close this thread now and stop speculating. Thanks!
AG7
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Agueroooooo!

Postby CTID Hants » Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:36 am

AG7 wrote:I just spoke to a friend who’s very close to someone inside the club and all I can say is that he’d be out for a while with this personal issue. Don’t see him slotting back in the team in a few days. But he himself is fine physically and health wise so at some point, when he has dealt with this emotionally, he’ll be back! And club won’t be issuing any statement or any news on it as that’s how he wants it, so we should all respect his wishes and leave it at that. Out thoughts and prayers with David and all his family/friends/relatives whoever maybe going through a tough time. I say close this thread now and stop speculating. Thanks!

Got to respect that, enough said for me and hope the press respect it too, much love to you and yours Merlin
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby Dameerto » Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:30 am

He's a private guy who happens to make his living under a very bright spotlight - I can respect his wish for privacy. We can welcome him back when he's ready.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby john@staustell » Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:38 am

zabbadabbado wrote:I think deep down we are all a bit concerned,and will be, until we hear official news. Older City fans (like me) are naturally pessimistic by nature. :lol: :lol: There was a time not that long ago, when the Sky was always falling in. :cry:

Our performance on the pitch didn’t seem unduly subdued yesterday .All KDB needed was Superman Cape. And a pair of jeggins. :lol: :lol:

There's a theory that KDB and Silva both play better when they have the field to themselves, if you know what I mean.

Dave's a sensitive sort of guy.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby sheblue » Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:43 am

I know we must respect his wishes however if we knew what the issue is then at least that would put an end to all the rumours.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby john@staustell » Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:45 am

sheblue wrote:I know we must respect his wishes however if we knew what the issue is then at least that would put an end to all the rumours.

Yes and help us understand. As one of the old school, 'get on with it' types I'm sure I'm not the only one. But I do certainly respect others of a different disposition
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby sheblue » Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:50 am

john@staustell wrote:
sheblue wrote:I know we must respect his wishes however if we knew what the issue is then at least that would put an end to all the rumours.

Yes and help us understand. As one of the old school, 'get on with it' types I'm sure I'm not the only one. But I do certainly respect others of a different disposition

I agree but it really does depend on what the matter is and we have no clue. I am sure it will all come out in due course. In the meantime it goes without saying we all wish him and his the best.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Nigels Tackle » Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:00 am

it's none of our business....
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby sheblue » Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:06 am

Nigels Tackle wrote:

You are right. But we want to know don't we. If only to put an end to rumours and to show support in time of need.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Justified logic » Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:13 am

sheblue wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:

You are right. But we want to know don't we. If only to put an end to rumours and to show support in time of need.

We show unconditional support now because of who he is: his character, his skills, his achievements, and everything else about him that we admire. How does knowing why we are giving him support in his time of need matter?
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby john@staustell » Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:14 am

Justified logic wrote:
sheblue wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:

We show unconditional support now because of who he is: his character, his skills, his achievements, and everything else about him that we admire. How does knowing why we are giving him support in his time of need matter?

It might be argued we have a stake?
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Justified logic » Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:16 am

john@staustell wrote:
Justified logic wrote:
sheblue wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:

It might be argued we have a stake?

What stake do you think that would be?
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby budfox » Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:56 am

I think it's reasonable for the fans to expect a statement from the club, no matter how brief.
budfox
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Kev

Postby john@staustell » Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:13 am

Justified logic wrote:What stake do you think that would be?

We pay his wages mate. Quite a lot :-)
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Nigels Tackle » Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:14 am

john@staustell wrote:

ridiculous argument
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby johnny crossan » Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:16 am

john@staustell wrote:

Clearly I need to look at the deductions bit on my pension statement again
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby john@staustell » Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:37 am

Whatever.

I just said it might be suggested. Maybe we shouldn't know if a player is out for some games. But some short neutral statement from the club would be better than a big empty vacuum full of rumour, as She-blue says.

Everybody wants to say they are supporting their bro and therefore bring it right into the public domain, but the media dept hasn't the wit to put something together
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum