Big Dave

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Big Dave

Postby PeterParker » Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:09 pm

Any news with this?
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby zabbadabbado » Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:50 pm

halnone wrote:fucks sake there's a rumour he was diagnosed with cancer

No doubt that's a lie, but it seems serious whatever it is.
fucking hell please God no :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
zabbadabbado
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: KDB

Postby zabbadabbado » Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:55 pm

What ever the reason,he is in all our thoughts,what a great guy,a model professional on,and off the pitch. ;)
zabbadabbado
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Mase » Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:13 pm

Cannot believe it’s been kept so quiet and no one has leaked it yet.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:14 pm

Mase wrote:Cannot believe it’s been kept so quiet and no one has leaked it yet.

Not a good sign, suggests it's very serious.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Justified logic » Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:18 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:

That the club has been able to suppress all news about what it is suggests it is something very internal to City. One could speculate about what and how serious it is but it'll quite possibly be something hardly anyone will have considered.
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby johnny crossan » Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:22 pm

Justified logic wrote:

That the club has been able to suppress all news about what it is suggests it is something very internal to City. One could speculate about what and how serious it is but it'll quite possibly be something hardly anyone will have considered.

It's a club lockdown right enough but speculation that this means the issue is very serious is premature and frankly unhelpful.The current PR is clearly in line with Dave's wishes and that should be good enough for us.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:41 pm

johnny crossan wrote:
Justified logic wrote:

It's a club lockdown right enough but speculation that this means the issue is very serious is premature and frankly unhelpful.The current PR is clearly in line with Dave's wishes and that should be good enough for us.

Don't get why a suggestion that it's serious is unhelpful, now speculating at the nature of exactly what it is would be unhelpful.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby KinkyKinkladze » Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:47 pm

I had a quick look at rag cafe and there's pretty convincing pictures on there of a hair transplant. Don't mean to be a cunt and all, but it could be possible there's been a non serious but serious enough complication of that?

Regardless, get well soon my absolute hero xxxxxx
KinkyKinkladze
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Alfie » Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:03 pm

KinkyKinkladze wrote:I had a quick look at rag cafe and there's pretty convincing pictures on there of a hair transplant. Don't mean to be a cunt and all, but it could be possible there's been a non serious but serious enough complication of that?

Regardless, get well soon my absolute hero xxxxxx

Having shaved your head for a couple of months wouldn't be my prime signs off a hair complex.
Alfie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Darius Vassell's Composure

Postby johnny crossan » Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:48 pm

johnny crossan wrote:
Justified logic wrote:

Don't get why a suggestion that it's serious is unhelpful, now speculating at the nature of exactly what it is would be unhelpful.

I think commenting that a lack of information 'suggests' the issue is 'very serious' is in itself unhelpful speculation, we just don't know.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:00 pm

OK JC, I believe journalists close to the dressing room will know what the issue is, the fact that it hadn't leaked suggests to me that they're treating it as sensitive. I apologise if that's unhelpful.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby johnny crossan » Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:41 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:OK JC, I believe journalists close to the dressing room will know what the issue is, the fact that it hadn't leaked suggests to me that they're treating it as sensitive. I apologise if that's unhelpful.

We are all naturally concerned about Dave's situation and it just helps if folk aren't alarmist without due cause. 'Sensitive' is a far better description of the current situation. It isn't unhelpful either but your sarcastic apology is.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:12 pm

johnny crossan wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:OK JC, I believe journalists close to the dressing room will know what the issue is, the fact that it hadn't leaked suggests to me that they're treating it as sensitive. I apologise if that's unhelpful.

We are all naturally concerned about Dave's situation and it just helps if folk aren't alarmist without due cause. 'Sensitive' is a far better description of the current situation. It isn't unhelpful either but your sarcastic apology is.

Absolutely nothing sarcastic about my apology, I was ( and still am) taken aback that my original post was considered unhelpful and was apologising for it. Next time I won't bother my bollox.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Justified logic » Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:18 pm

Damn! Am I too late to get the popcorn maker on?
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby zabbadabbado » Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:22 pm

johnny crossan wrote:

You make a fair point earlier.

I think we have all heard nasty rumours that i wont bother repeating.

I have asked around to see what i can find out.From what i can gather he could simply have been given time off to be with his pregnant wife.This could well be still the case.As we all know pregnancies can have complications.What ever the reason for his enforced abscence,we all wish him and his family well.Like you say.one does not autmotaicaly have to assume it is serious.Saying this is as unhelpfful as all the wild speculation.In fact it encourages it.
zabbadabbado
De Jong's Tackle

Postby PeterParker » Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:29 pm

zabbadabbado wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:

I have asked around to see what i can find out.From what i can gather he could simply have been given time off to be with his pregnant wife.This could well be still the case.As we all know pregnancies can have complications.What ever the reason for his enforced abscence,we all wish him and his family well.Like you say.one does not autmotaicaly have to assume it is serious.Saying this is as unhelpfful as all the wild speculation.In fact it encourages it.

Usually if it was really bad, the players yesterday would had been devastated.
They dedicated the win to him, smiled a lot and had his shirt in the dressing room.

Hope the signs is that all is good.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Postby johnny crossan » Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:33 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:Absolutely nothing sarcastic about my apology, I was ( and still am) taken aback that my original post was considered unhelpful and was apologising for it. Next time I won't bother my bollox.

I'll drink to that fbj ;)
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby zabbadabbado » Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:35 pm

PeterParker wrote:
zabbadabbado wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:

They dedicated the win to him, smiled a lot and had his shirt in the dressing room.

Another good point.The team dedicated win to him.What ever it is,they are showing their collective support,and respecting his wishes.What ever the reason is,it has still not been leaked,and actually points to it being more sensitive by nature, than serious..Now i am speculating :lol: :lol:,this point still stands though.
zabbadabbado
De Jong's Tackle

Postby PeterParker » Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:36 pm

zabbadabbado wrote:
PeterParker wrote:
zabbadabbado wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:

Another good point.The team dedicated win to him.What ever it is,they are showing their collective support,and respecting his wishes.What ever the reason is,it has still not been leaked,and actually points to it being more sensitive by nature, than serious..Now i am speculating :lol: :lol:,this point still stands though.

I see good signs in that, even if I am shitting bricks.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum