Aguero playing injured for 3 months?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Aguero playing injured for 3 months?

Postby johnny crossan » Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:20 pm

Mase wrote:We have this every fuckin window. It’s boring now.

Alexis-is-a-comin'
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:26 pm

johnny crossan wrote:

Alexis-is-a-comin'

With all due respect JC, as I know you've wanted Sanchez for some time now, I'm finding it very difficult to get caught up in all the excitement being generated by this prospect.

I hope for City's sake, if he comes, it all works out brilliantly but, all in all, it's just too underwhelming for me.

I really wish we had another striker, or even two but, in this instance, I think I would even prefer Balotelli.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby johnny crossan » Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:39 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:

Alexis-is-a-comin'

With all due respect JC, as I know you've wanted Sanchez for some time now, I'm finding it very difficult to get caught up in all the excitement being generated by this prospect.
I hope for City's sake, if he comes, it all works out brilliantly but, all in all, it's just too underwhelming for me.
I really wish we had another striker, or even two but, in this instance, I think I would even prefer Balotelli.

Irrespective of how I think it will turn out if Sanchez comes - either now or in the summer, my point MC was that Aguero's unhappiness is not unrelated to the prospect of having to compete for his place with another forward but the deeper problem is that he feels he does not fit with Pep's style

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/aguero-o ... lxdhwe8gpd
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:09 pm

johnny crossan wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:

Alexis-is-a-comin'

Irrespective of how I think it will turn out if Sanchez comes - either now or in the summer, my point MC was that Aguero's unhappiness is not unrelated to the prospect of having to compete for his place with another forward but the deeper problem is that he feels he does not fit with Pep's style

sources close to bla bla bla.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby johnny crossan » Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:23 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:

Alexis-is-a-comin'

sources close to bla bla bla.
It's pretty obvious Doug, did you happen to notice what happened to his captain's armband when he got subbed last time out?
I really think you can spot the difference between bla bla bla and blatant by now :lol:
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Mase » Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:01 pm

I do feel like Aguero is maybe angling for a move and a final pay day and will use Pep as an excuse.

Hope he doesn’t leave, but this shit comes up constantly and it’s starting to grate. If he does want to go, let him finish the season then get him gone in the summer and get a replacement in.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Re: Aguero off this summer?

Postby PrezIke » Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:11 pm

Listened to Sam Lee on 93:20 Podcast today and sounds like there's a real chance he will leave this summer.

This does not sound not some BS media anti-City story this time, as Lee is a reputable reporter for us, as it wasn't last time he reported this as well, it was just worked out for the time being between them.

I can see why from Kun's POV, but basically Lee says Pep knows the only way he can sell is if Sergio wants to leave himself because of the juice he has (this is not anywhere near the same as with Hart).

I believe he has been hoping for more from Aguero, but has not seen enough in him, although we have in moments. He is not in great form, and nor is Jesus and I get that Pep picks Jesus because he works much harder and is more natural at that what Pep is looking for from his striker. Aguero also likes to run with the ball from deep, which is not part of Pep's style of play.

Ahsan made a good point that maybe Aguero is like "We're both not in great form, but I'm a proven world class striker, so I should play." Except, my sense is Pep also wants to keep Jesus around and dropping him more may lead him to consider heading to Real Madrid instead of Kun. Blasphemy, perhaps, but if I had to sell one to RM I'd sell Kun over Jesus at this point.

I love Kun, and I am sure it's frustrating for him, but I also get that Pep needs the right players for the system, and even someone as amazing as Aguero has some holes in his game that don't fit the style we employ, plus it seems we will be in for Sanchez so that would also help keep the depth.

Lee and Howard Hockin both are leaning towards saying "Yes" he will leave, although reluctantly. Lee took a long time to respond, and also said he's not that confident but if had to say one way or the other would say Yes. Hokin said it's an even split and if betting went for he's off.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby City64 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:27 pm

PrezIke wrote:Listened to Sam Lee on 93:20 Podcast today and sounds like there's a real chance he will leave this summer.

This does not sound not some BS media anti-City story this time, as Lee is a reputable reporter for us, as it wasn't last time he reported this as well, it was just worked out for the time being between them.

I can see why from Kun's POV, but basically Lee says Pep knows the only way he can sell is if Sergio wants to leave himself because of the juice he has (this is not anywhere near the same as with Hart).

I believe he has been hoping for more from Aguero, but has not seen enough in him, although we have in moments. He is not in great form, and nor is Jesus and I get that Pep picks Jesus because he works much harder and is more natural at that what Pep is looking for from his striker. Aguero also likes to run with the ball from deep, which is not part of Pep's style of play.

Ahsan made a good point that maybe Aguero is like "We're both not in great form, but I'm a proven world class striker, so I should play." Except, my sense is Pep also wants to keep Jesus around and dropping him more may lead him to consider heading to Real Madrid instead of Kun. Blasphemy, perhaps, but if I had to sell one to RM I'd sell Kun over Jesus at this point.

I love Kun, and I am sure it's frustrating for him, but I also get that Pep needs the right players for the system, and even someone as amazing as Aguero has some holes in his game that don't fit the style we employ, plus it seems we will be in for Sanchez so that would also help keep the depth.

Lee and Howard Hockin both are leaning towards saying "Yes" he will leave, although reluctantly. Lee took a long time to respond, and also said he's not that confident but if had to say one way or the other would say Yes. Hokin said it's an even split and if betting went for he's off.

And Jesus has been offered a new improved contract . Pep keeps faith in Aguero and plays him but Aguero isn't delivering despite the wonderful football we are playing , it could all change of course Aguero is a different animal when he is scoring goals , the zip and extra yard come straight back .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Spurge » Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:43 am

City64 wrote:
PrezIke wrote:Listened to Sam Lee on 93:20 Podcast today and sounds like there's a real chance he will leave this summer.

And Jesus has been offered a new improved contract . Pep keeps faith in Aguero and plays him but Aguero isn't delivering despite the wonderful football we are playing , it could all change of course Aguero is a different animal when he is scoring goals , the zip and extra yard come straight back .

Aguero has 13 goals in 19 games this season thats a good return, he has adapted his game to what pep demands of him and maybe he feels that should earn him more game time. Bottom line is he will need to decide if playing under pep and being part of this exciting team is enough for him in terms of playing time versus being a nailed on start and super star for another team in europe.

I hope its the former.

After jesus ran his nuts off in midweek i'd very much expect Aguero to start today. If he doesnt i'd be concerned about his future at city.
Spurge
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Asa Hartford

Postby Mase » Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:57 am

Problem with Sam Lee is he’ll say something is happening or we’re buying someone and then when it doesn’t happen he uses the “oh that’s what was happening at the time but then it changed” line. I honestly haven’t seen him get anything correct.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby johnny crossan » Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:28 am

Mase wrote:Problem with Sam Lee is he’ll say something is happening or we’re buying someone and then when it doesn’t happen he uses the “oh that’s what was happening at the time but then it changed” line. I honestly haven’t seen him get anything correct.

I remember this comment from the thread about Aguero's return after his taxi crash :lol:
South Stand Balti wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:Could be back for tomorrow week against the Potters according to Sam Lee - along with Delph - hope so

That's the same Sam Lee that told us Mendy was on the mendy an hour before we were told he would be out for 7 months. He hasn't got a fucking clue.

(Neither played but Aguero was on the bench)
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Mase » Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:44 am

johnny crossan wrote:
Mase wrote:Problem with Sam Lee is he’ll say something is happening or we’re buying someone and then when it doesn’t happen he uses the “oh that’s what was happening at the time but then it changed” line. I honestly haven’t seen him get anything correct.

I remember this comment from the thread about Aguero's return after his taxi crash :lol:
South Stand Balti wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:Could be back for tomorrow week against the Potters according to Sam Lee - along with Delph - hope so

That's the same Sam Lee that told us Mendy was on the mendy an hour before we were told he would be out for 7 months. He hasn't got a fucking clue.

(Neither played but Aguero was on the bench)

In my opinion he guesses at stuff - if it comes off he looks like an ITK and most of the time when it doesn’t he says “yeh well that’s what City thought at the time but then it changed”.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby johnny crossan » Mon Dec 25, 2017 12:54 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:

Alexis-is-a-comin'

Time for your Sanchez tat yet MC? :lol:
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Mon Dec 25, 2017 10:49 pm

johnny crossan wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:

Alexis-is-a-comin'

I'm ugly enough as it is JC, without making me look even more ridiculous.

If it's not like saying 'how long is a piece of string', how much do they cost anyway ?? I'm sure I could find better things (musically) to spend my money on.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby johnny crossan » Mon Dec 25, 2017 11:42 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:

Alexis-is-a-comin'

I'm ugly enough as it is JC, without making me look even more ridiculous.
If it's not like saying 'how long is a piece of string', how much do they cost anyway ?? I'm sure I could find better things (musically) to spend my money on.

Happy Christmas MC, you're a top man without any need for further decoration - as usual I haven't got a clue anyway :D :D
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Tue Dec 26, 2017 12:03 am

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Thanks JC; Happy Christmas to yourself as well.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum