About our owners - feel free to ignore

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: About our owners - feel free to ignore

Postby Original Dub » Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:59 pm

sheblue wrote:Just more hate shit. Fuelled by extraordinary high levels of jealously.

That's it in a nutshell. This isn't about human rights. At least not at its core.

Pretty pathetic really.
Original Dub

Postby Clowncrete » Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:46 pm

Most people targeting the owners don't really care about human rights. It's for points scoring and to feel a sense of involvement and power in a world where an average citizen has close to no power to change anything. Even in democracies. Ask one of these hand wringers to give up the privileges they receive from trading with uae, Saudi, China, etc. Give up petroleum products, their cheap iPhone, etc. And they will quickly fall silent.

The truth is that emiratis have a very high standard of living and there is no serious grievance against the government. We saw what happened when gaddafi was replaced and how quickly Libya went from a prosperous and safe country to what it is now. Iraq is another example. These monarchs and dictators not only keep their own people safe but prevent far more conservative lunatics from taking power. Isis would never have happened under saddam. In that sense western governments are responsible for more deaths and crimes than any Middle Eastern royal.

That articles like these are appearing now and not last year or even summer, smacks of jealousy. There is nothing left to criticize on the pitch and there is the dawning realization that this is a serious long-term project and not just an ego trip. It's grasping at straws and that too by making baseless assertions. Pathetic.
Clowncrete
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Super Kev!

Postby dazby » Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:08 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:I’m all for a bit of waterboarding and Conkers smacked against the bollocks.

Let’s leave your fetishes for a more appropriate forum eh.

Kinky bugger.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby zabbadabbado » Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:38 am

Meanwhile UK government still provides billions in arms to Saudi Arabia to bomb Yemen back in to the Stone Age.You dont read that much in the Press though :oops: :oops: :oops: .

I know 2 wrongs dont make a right and all that.

Our owners are despised because they are wealthy Muslims,its a fact.This is why we get such a bad press.You never read stories about the dodgy fucker Abramovich and his Russian connections.Or the American owners who are bleeding the Rags dry to finance Shopping Centres in the US.I am not saying our owners are perfect.but they have pumped 10,s millions in regenerating a run down area to the benefit of the community. They haven't bled us dry and run off in to the sunset they have made us a self sufficient business model secure for decades to come.
zabbadabbado
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: KDB

Postby johnny crossan » Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:42 am

Original Dub wrote:
sheblue wrote:Just more hate shit. Fuelled by extraordinary high levels of jealously.

That's it in a nutshell. This isn't about human rights. At least not at its core.
Pretty pathetic really.

From the activists point of view, the end justifies the means. They will piggy back on to whatever gets them noticed....and of course it works.
With billions and billions of rags and scousers ready to soak it up why not?
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum