Chelsea, ultimate irony

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Chelsea, ultimate irony

Postby john@staustell » Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:42 am

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/footba ... 21971.html

Mr Conte says the clubs shouldn't allow City to sign the best players. Oh the ultimate irony!

Antonio Conte​ believes that Premier League clubs must not allow leaders Manchester City to strengthen their squad further with the signing of in-demand defender Virgil van Dijk.

Southampton centre-back Van Dijk is expected to be wanted by several English clubs when the January transfer window opens after he hinted he could be open to a mid-season move away from St Mary's.

The Dutchman handed in a transfer request in the summer as Liverpool, and also Chelsea, circled for his signature although Southampton managed to hold onto the 26-year-old.

But, on Saturday, Van Dijk was dropped by Mauricio Pellegrino for the Saints' clash with Chelsea at Stamford Bridge - with the Southampton manager afterwards admitting he wants the club to try and keep their best players.

Conte was also asked about Van Dijk although the Italian refused to comment on whether the Blues are still interested in the defender.

But the Chelsea boss has said that every club who wants Van Dijk should do their best to compete with runaway leaders City to ensure Pep Guardiola's side don't end up signing another of the league's top players.

"Every team, every club, must pay great attention," Conte said.

"Because if a club like Manchester City takes all the best [players], it will be very difficult for us to fight. Not only in England but in Europe."
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Re: Chelsea, ultimate irony

Postby City64 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:03 pm

Conte must be due a new hair transplant shortly ?
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby carolina-blue » Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:57 pm

City64 wrote:Conte must be due a new hair transplant shortly ?

Lol . This is the next stick to beat us with . Can’t say fuck all about the football So now let’s all band together and keep the big bad City out , wankers one and all .
carolina-blue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Hazy2 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:48 pm

Next thing it will crowd- :roll: funding Stop City !!!!!
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:14 pm

Comments made in direct correlation to a certain player wanting to leave Arsenal.

I'd suggest that Chelsea are in the market for somebody of Sanchez' talent and I think he's just got the answer he didn't want to hear.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby blues-clues » Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:03 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:Comments made in direct correlation to a certain player wanting to leave Arsenal.

I'd suggest that Chelsea are in the market for somebody of Sanchez' talent and I think he's just got the answer he didn't want to hear.

Or we have made an enquiry about one of his team and he is powerless to stop it from happening. After all who would want to leave a Chelsea Team who are not getting credit for a winning run of their own according to Conte. One draw and only one defeat in ten, also known as back to back wins against Huddersfield and Southampton. Well done - that'll be the run of two games nobody is talking about. Muppet.
blues-clues
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Joe Corrigan

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:34 pm

blues-clues wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:Comments made in direct correlation to a certain player wanting to leave Arsenal.

Or we have made an enquiry about one of his team and he is powerless to stop it from happening. After all who would want to leave a Chelsea Team who are not getting credit for a winning run of their own according to Conte. One draw and only one defeat in ten, also known as back to back wins against Huddersfield and Southampton. Well done - that'll be the run of two games nobody is talking about. Muppet.

Please no, not Luiz!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:37 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
blues-clues wrote:

Please no, not Luiz!

It'll be Christensen if anyone.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:17 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
blues-clues wrote:

Please no, not Luiz!

One of my chums mentioned to me that there's a rumour the Scum are interested in the Brazilian.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby nottsblue » Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:52 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
blues-clues wrote:

Please no, not Luiz!

One of my chums mentioned to me that there's a rumour the Scum are interested in the Brazilian.

Hopefully they will resign Kleberson
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Scatman » Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:08 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
blues-clues wrote:

Please no, not Luiz!

It'll be Christensen if anyone.

From what Cunte has been saying today about Christensen being the next John Terry and Guardiola having that little word in the player's ear earlier in the season this sounds like the most likely to me.
Scatman
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Return to The Maine Football forum