All of this positive media coverage...

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

All of this positive media coverage...

Postby Sideshow Bob » Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:28 pm

at first it was refreshing. now it's becoming tedious.. and you just know these fickle f*cks will turn on us in an instant when we slip up.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Re: All of this positive media coverage...

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:18 pm

Who cares mate, enjoy the ride because I have a feeling that it's going to be like this for a long, long time.

We get the snipers now so expect some crap to come out when we eventually lose. But note the CL loss with the majority understanding it was a dead rubber. There was no real backlash, just an understanding that we didn't need it. The only time we'll see serious questions will be when we lose with our first team out there, and I'm sure those same questions will come from our own.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Sideshow Bob » Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:20 pm

yeah i suppose you're right. just irritating to see them fawning over us after the barrage of hate they spewed for so long.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Wooders » Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:28 pm

**Snide comment klaxon**

If only there was some kind of well established “football media” thread to make this comment...
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby Sideshow Bob » Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:53 pm

apologies feel free to merge.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Justified logic » Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:55 pm

It's just the appeal to popularity that the red teams have enjoyed for years now being directed at us. It's just about selling copy and buying clicks.
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:18 pm

We know these snidey cunts will turn at the first opportunity. However, it's seriously irritating the rags so long may it continue.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:23 pm

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:We know these snidey cunts will turn at the first opportunity. However, it's seriously irritating the rags so long may it continue.

All the phone-ins and social comments on how we are being given preferential treatment (also refer to Maureen's comments) are a joy to hear/read. We are getting glowing reports because they know we're doing things right, on and off the pitch, but they can't see it because the hatred from the old Sky 4 is eating them up inside.

Long may it continue and if we do something wrong then I'm willing to accept that there will be some negative press, and continued negativity from this outlets that have a vested interest in the old Sky cunts!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby zabbadabbado » Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:48 am

Sideshow Bob wrote:at first it was refreshing. now it's becoming tedious.. and you just know these fickle f*cks will turn on us in an instant when we slip up.
I agree.

Don’t trust the snide bastards. Haven’t met one fan, who thinks we are going to go all season undefeated, win every Cup available.

MSM suddenly fawning over us like a Dog on heat. Heaping praise, making ludicrous suggestions that we will clear the board for Silverware home and abroad, go undefeated all season. Its all faux praise, loaded, they will later laugh and. mock us, attribute all the shit they are printing directly at our Door, “if” we fall flat on our face.

Notice how the snide twats are always trying to get Pep to say something big headed and outrageous like “we won’t lose this season” during pre-game press conferences. He is not stupid, he knows their game.
zabbadabbado
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: KDB

Return to The Maine Football forum