Carabou Chat

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Carabou Chat

Postby CuteMancs » Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:31 pm

OK...Ive been to pub for some pre Christmas drinks. Ive no idea if this makes sense :)

Schmeichel
Amartey Dragovic Maguire Fuchs
Choudhury Iborra King 
Gray Iheanacho Albrighton 

wonder who will play. I'd go for a strong line up. Seeing as we will probably only have 30-35% of the ball I'd put Okazaki in for Albrighton/Gray.

Play like we did against Southampton we may get a result, play like today and I fear a cricket score, just wonder which team will turn up. I’d like to see Vardy rested though. 

Play like we did today and we will get ripped a new one. 

If we beat these, reckon there's a great chance of winning this competition (albeit it feels like a fake competition that's quite fixed from the draw fiasco..).
Shame this isn't in the FA Cup but still one to lick lips at.

Turn up, just turn up, that's all I ask.

Be nice if we turn up this time.

Whichever team they pick will be a team to win it. They have 2 top quality players in almost every position! They can put out 2 different 11's that could probably win the league 

There’s isn’t a team in this league capable of beating them... simple. So just go out there and try and improve the performance, work your socks off and hope they somehow have a shitter. 

I suspect that now Pep has got the habit of winning he will be very reluctant to lose any game at the moment. Expecting them to field a strong second string with his 'stars' on the bench just in case.

We will not be relegated so let's go for it. Full strength.

Can't see anything other than a humbling heavy defeat here. We're bound to rest players and even if they do the same their so-called second string would easily bet our first team anyway…In the league game we huffed and puffed and tried hard but created next to nothing whilst they strolled to victory without really having to make any effort. We have 3 really tough league games coming up and after Saturday's pathetic show they are far more important than this game. Vardy need a rest, Mahrez looked shattered at the end of the Palace match and needs a rest.

I think this comes down to what team Pep puts out. If they play their strongest 11 we have no chance, but he blooded a number of youngsters recently against Shaktar in the Champions League dead rubber match.If he plays the youngsters then we have a chance, although I expect heavy changes to our lineup too. 

Reckon this will be a thriller with them and us going to really go for it; and Man Utd will park the bus on Saturday and thus will probably be 0-0.
Must ensure the former team don't score as long as possible.

This will be comfortable for them. Fully expecting us to field a much weakened side. I would expect them to start a strong side. 

I usually treat my body like a temple. Last night I treated mine like a whorehouse above a liquor store next to a motherfucking Taco Bell.
CuteMancs
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: MCFC

Re: Carabou Chat

Postby johnny crossan » Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:56 pm

No sign of Otter, Walker, Aguero or Fernandinho training in the Beswick fog today
team for tomorrow?

Bravo
Danilo
Tosin
Mangala
Zinchenko
Yaya
Gundogan
Bernardo
Jesus
Foden
Sane

Bench: Ederson, Latibeaudiere, Delph, Fernandinho, De Bruyne, Sterling, Diaz

nailed on defeat if we pick that XI though :(
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby nottsblue » Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:04 pm

Cheers CM. Not much to go on there, but I can see a full strength Leics side turning out so we either have to play a very strong side or play a weakened side like v Shakhtar and face the real possibility of getting beat. We hardly set the world alight v Wolves last time round
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby london blue 2 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:05 pm

I really wanna win this game.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby South Stand Balti » Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:44 pm

johnny crossan wrote:No sign of Otter, Walker, Aguero or Fernandinho training in the Beswick fog today
team for tomorrow?

Bravo
Danilo
Tosin
Mangala
Zinchenko
Yaya
Gundogan
Bernardo
Jesus
Foden
Sane

Bench: Ederson, Latibeaudiere, Delph, Fernandinho, De Bruyne, Sterling, Diaz

nailed on defeat if we pick that XI though :(

I don't think that team will be far off and I do think it's right to rotate. More game time for Tosin and Foden too.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby zabbadabbado » Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:59 am

nottsblue wrote:Cheers CM. Not much to go on there, but I can see a full strength Leics side turning out so we either have to play a very strong side or play a weakened side like v Shakhtar and face the real possibility of getting beat. We hardly set the world alight v Wolves last time round
I agree.

Leicester only realistic chance of silverware this season.I think they will put out a strong side.

I know it isn't easy players not playing regular,but i think some of the second string need to put in a better shift tomorrow if they are selected,I was disappointed with most of them at Shaktar, it might be their only realistic chance of getting any game time this season,and their last realistic chance to impress Guardiola.
zabbadabbado
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: KDB

Postby johnny crossan » Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:32 am

zabbadabbado wrote:
nottsblue wrote:Cheers CM. Not much to go on there, but I can see a full strength Leics side turning out so we either have to play a very strong side or play a weakened side like v Shakhtar and face the real possibility of getting beat. We hardly set the world alight v Wolves last time round
I agree.

Leicester only realistic chance of silverware this season.I think they will put out a strong side.

I know it isn't easy players not playing regular,but i think some of the second string need to put in a better shift tomorrow if they are selected,I was disappointed with most of them at Shaktar, it might be their only realistic chance of getting any game time this season,and their last realistic chance to impress Guardiola.

Shades of the swamp last season, our plucky youngsters and squaddies turned over by a full strength team desperate for a pot.
Pep's judgement was really poor then and will be again tonight if he doesn't field all our available stars. Trouble is he never thinks it's his fault as well when things go wrong.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:39 pm

Cheers CM

I sincerely hope he has some youth mixed with experience tonight, I went to Leicester last season when we were 4 down in the blink of an eye, I am going again tonight, it would be nice to leave there with a win this time.

Come on Pep, lets have em
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Return to The Maine Football forum