Champions...The Quadruple

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Champions...The Quadruple

Postby john68 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:36 am

Something with City fans I really can't get my head round.....Why are Cityfans so fucking humble?....Who the fuck is gonna stop us?

WE'RE GONNA WIN THE LEAGUE

Our nearest rivals, the rags are currently 11pts adrift, but please don't tell me they might catch us. A team that is managed by an egotistical coward, who's frightened to let his team come out of their own penalty area. Whose strategy is to leave his striker 35 yards adrift upfield without any support except for a lump it and hope strategy? Does anyone really think that shower of prehistoric, tactically retarded bunch of numpties are going to get anywhere near us?

Or Chelsea? 14pts adrift? Who are led by a manager pleading with other clubs to gang up and stop us buying the best players....That's a football strategy that is an out and out admission that his bunch are unable to match us on the pitch, let alone overhaul our 14pts lead over them.

Beyond that, a whole bunch of clubs who trail us by 18, 19, 20 and 21pts after only 18 games. Some fucking cataclysmic disaster, earthquake.World War, volcanic eruption or perhaps all three at the same time is the only chance any of those teams have of competing with us.

I understand City are not quite through half the season yet, I understand this sort of thing is new to the Premier League, but FFS...why are City fans so shy to shout about what we're doing?

Before the derby, quotes from City fans; "Yeah, I'd be happy with a draw today" or "the rags could hold out for 70 mins and beat us by hitting us on the break". What the fuck is that all about? The Etihad should be bouncing and rocking the roof with "CHAMPIONS...CHAMPIONS...CHAMPIONS for 90+mins every game.

The Spurs fans on Cute Manc's away fans preview were gobbing off about tearing us a new arse on our own middin. Their team is shite, yet they seem to believe they would batter us.

What the fuck is wrong with City fans?

The Carabao Cup, the FA Cup, the Champions League.....The team believes, why dont the City fans?
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Re: Champions...The Quadruple

Postby Mase » Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:52 am

I personally don’t want to become everything I hate about the rags and go around boasting about “we’re gonna win this we’re gonna win that” before we’ve actually lifted a trophy.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby AG7 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:55 am

There ... you’re the one who’ll be blamed for jinxing it now ... you just hope that they win at Leicester tonight ;)
AG7
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Agueroooooo!

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:10 am

Two things, one is a lifetime of pessimism the other last seasons awesome start!
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:06 am

Pretty Boy Lee wrote:Two things, one is a lifetime of pessimism the other last seasons awesome start!

Last season's start was far from awesome, an awesome half hour at the swamp and very good displays at Stoke, Bournemouth and BMG mixed in with struggles against Sunderland, West Ham and Swansea.

We then followed that up with one 1win from our next 5 league games, drew at Celtic, got a hiding at Barca and knocked out of the League Cup by the rags.

I agree with the lifetime of pessimism though, there's also the fear of becoming an obnoxious cunt like most of my U****D supporting mates were growing up.

I'll enjoy this with a cautious optimism and celebrate when the trophy/trophies are in the bag.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Nigels Tackle » Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:19 am

i've just gone in large on leicester at 6/1 tonight
nice one john
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Wooders » Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:28 am

I agree - crowing about how well my team is doing doesn’t sit well with me as this is behaviour I learnt to detest from rags/Liverpool fans growing up
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby branny » Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:22 am

Loving the what we're doing at the moment. I've supported City since the mid 70s so I'm quite happy enjoying the ride and waiting til we win things before i start celebrating.
Balotelli......that's a brilliant finish.
branny
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: God's own club
My favourite player is: Tueart

Postby blues-clues » Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:23 am

And here is me trying to check myself from thinking "We just slaughtered Spurs" we didn't scrape a win we annihilated them. That is the Spurs team that pretty much did the same thing to Real Madrid over two games in the CL. That is the Real Madrid Team that just won the trophy that unofficially makes them the club champions of the world.

We are not smug, we are not arrogant, until we've got the trophies we've got nothing but big fat smiles and the satisfaction that comes with not just singing it but knowing that Manchester City is the best team in the land and all the world.
blues-clues
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Joe Corrigan

Postby sheblue » Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:08 am

Plenty of time for triumphalism yet.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby johnny crossan » Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:09 am

sheblue wrote:Plenty of time for triumphalism yet.

not after tonight if he plays the team that trained yesterday
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:13 am

johnny crossan wrote:

It would be nice to win it again but I agree with Pep's policy of using the opportunity to rest key players and allowing the fringe players and youth get minutes into their legs.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby CTID Hants » Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:21 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:I agree with the lifetime of pessimism though, there's also the fear of becoming an obnoxious cunt like most of my U****D supporting mates were growing up.

I'll enjoy this with a cautious optimism and celebrate when the trophy/trophies are in the bag.

This for me all day......... That said i did plant the seed on Saturday when my 13yr old lad & I went to the pub to play pool with my best mate who just so happens to be a scouser.

After week 3 this season the dippers were 2nd in the league, us 4th (+2 GD for them) and he took great delight in winding my lad up about them being above us and it being "their year :lol: :lol: :lol: "

So final whistle went after our game my lad gets up and starts singing "21pts, your 21pts behind" whilst i enjoyed him giving it to his "uncle" i was accutely aware how arrogant it came across to the other punters in the pub.....
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby brite blu sky » Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:05 am

i think 68 has a point... we should be getting exuberantly excited, the team is stepping up the notches.

I think the others are right too though, arrogance is a rags game.

maybe we should be more excited between ourselves and just quietly confident in public.

sorted
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby sheblue » Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:54 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:

It would be nice to win it again but I agree with Pep's policy of using the opportunity to rest key players and allowing the fringe players and youth get minutes into their legs.

Yep and hopefully the very promising youth will get another chance tonight.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby john@staustell » Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:02 pm

sheblue wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:

Yep and hopefully the very promising youth will get another chance tonight.

Make no mistake Pep's priority is to balance these things, whilst still winning every game. He's not on a crusade to give the dreaded 'game time', but to rest players where needed and that's where they come in.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby dazby » Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:38 pm

I still remember the Dippers singing “we’re going to win the league” in February.

We will win the league. No need to be a knob about it.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Postby iwasthere2012 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:46 pm

brite blu sky wrote:i think 68 has a point... we should be getting exuberantly excited, the team is stepping up the notches.

I think the others are right too though, arrogance is a rags game.

maybe we should be more excited between ourselves and just quietly confident in public.

sorted

I’m quietly confident in public, but behind closed doors I run around my living room in the nip with my jocks over my head every time we score another beauty.

Sorry have I shared too much.

Maybe I should close the curtains next time.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Nick » Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:14 pm

We are city. We are humble and class and used to fucking up and snatching defeat from victory.

No excuse for the atmosphere though, we don't need to be rag like cunts to get it bouncing.
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby carolina-blue » Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:03 pm

Nick wrote:We are city. We are humble and class and used to fucking up and snatching defeat from victory.

No excuse for the atmosphere though, we don't need to be rag like cunts to get it bouncing.

This is how I feel the ground should be bouncing with the football we are playing , But let’s rub it in when we have indeed won something .
The one thing for sure though is that if everything went tits up We would still have the best supporters in all the land and all the world .
carolina-blue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum