*** Official Match Thread Leicester (A) Caraboa Cup ***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: *** Official Match Thread Leicester (A) Caraboa Cup ***

Postby johnny crossan » Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:37 pm

patrickblue wrote:
BlueinBosnia wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:
PrezIke wrote:I guess because he wasn't one of the penalty takers .....
I'm not sure Tosin would have expected to have been one of the first five, Zinchenko was next out of the traps I think, then presumably Bernardo, Danilo, Walker and maybe Bravo before him and Dele Bashiru

Has it been announced who was queued up to be our fifth pen taker? I guess it would have to be logged somewhere with the officials. I was wondering whether it might have been Bravo myself.

Zinchenko said he was next after the game, and congratulated Bravo for saving him the hassle.

strange Bernardo wasn't ahead of both him and Nmecha.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby johnny crossan » Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:09 pm

Mr Lee keeping up to date by tweeting what's on here - he almost forgot ;)
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby bigblue » Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:39 am

Reading people's overall sentiment towards one another's based on 2 second long facial expressions is the definition of bollox

And I trust goal.com as much as moaninho in a post match interview
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Grandad Rosler » Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:45 am

zabbadabbado wrote:I Would have happily lost the penalty shoot last night, bowed out the competition without disgrace.

Let me explain why.

Bar a fuck up of epic proportions the Title race is all but a formality. This is the Cherry on the top of the Cake. That piece of prestigious silverware that every one wants, looks highly likely to becoming back to Manchester come what May.

Domestically it leaves only the Kangaroo Cup, and the FA Cup, for our rivals to fight for. Obviously the one with least prestige is the Kangaroo Cup. This is the one our rivals are going to go full out for, gloss over their failure in mounting any realistic title challenge this season. They realise we are not taking this competition seriously given our other priorities. And because of this, rightly think this will be the easiest route to any success. Scraps from the Table so to speak.

Rags (if they get through) Arsenal, Chelsea, are going to field very strong sides in the semi-finals of this high priority for them (low priority for us) competition. I think because of this, we will now have to field a stronger side to face our rivals in a competition we are really not that arsed about. We have bigger Fish to fry.

Hopefully Bristol City will beat the scum, and we can still field all our youngsters, and what will be, will be. I couldn’t imagine us playing a second string against the top sides.

All panned out quite nicely ;)
Grandad Rosler
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Andy Morrison

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum