*** Official Match Thread Leicester (A) Caraboa Cup ***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: *** Official Match Thread Leicester (A) Caraboa Cup ***

Postby BlueinBosnia » Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:28 am

sheblue wrote:I would not have minded too much if we went out of this competition last night. The rags, chavs and the arse (assuming rags and chavs get to semis) will probably take this competition far more seriously from semi final stage onward than we will. With the league looking unlikely for the chavs and rags and practically impossible for the arse, the cookydoo cup will be a very good chance of them getting a trophy. Point is i would have rather loose to Leicester than loose a TWO game semi to one of the others. But we will see what happens tonight.

The team that played last night would be beaten in a two leg semi.

Chelsea might be willing to forego this trophy, because the final is only a few days after their CL tie with Barca. With the FA Cup 3rd Round (and subsequently the 4th Round Draw) only a few days before the first leg of the semi, I think a lot will depend on this, too.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:46 am

I really dislike Leicester. Their hoof it to vardy tactics and long throws. It's back to Wimbledon of the 90s, awful shit football to watch.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby john@staustell » Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:01 pm

BlueinBosnia wrote:
sheblue wrote:I would not have minded too much if we went out of this competition last night. The rags, chavs and the arse (assuming rags and chavs get to semis) will probably take this competition far more seriously from semi final stage onward than we will. With the league looking unlikely for the chavs and rags and practically impossible for the arse, the cookydoo cup will be a very good chance of them getting a trophy. Point is i would have rather loose to Leicester than loose a TWO game semi to one of the others. But we will see what happens tonight.

The team that played last night would be beaten in a two leg semi.

Chelsea might be willing to forego this trophy, because the final is only a few days after their CL tie with Barca. With the FA Cup 3rd Round (and subsequently the 4th Round Draw) only a few days before the first leg of the semi, I think a lot will depend on this, too.

Yeah in my opinion there's only one team that will take it seriously - managed by the miserable pot-collector himself. Mind you they may get knocked out tonight. Let's face it their first team isn't that hot.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:48 pm

Wonderwall wrote:I really dislike Leicester. Their hoof it to vardy tactics and long throws. It's back to Wimbledon of the 90s, awful shit football to watch.

And don't forget the diving, that's how they won the league.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby zabbadabbado » Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:18 pm

I Would have happily lost the penalty shoot last night, bowed out the competition without disgrace.

Let me explain why.

Bar a fuck up of epic proportions the Title race is all but a formality. This is the Cherry on the top of the Cake. That piece of prestigious silverware that every one wants, looks highly likely to becoming back to Manchester come what May.

Domestically it leaves only the Kangaroo Cup, and the FA Cup, for our rivals to fight for. Obviously the one with least prestige is the Kangaroo Cup. This is the one our rivals are going to go full out for, gloss over their failure in mounting any realistic title challenge this season. They realise we are not taking this competition seriously given our other priorities. And because of this, rightly think this will be the easiest route to any success. Scraps from the Table so to speak.

Rags (if they get through) Arsenal, Chelsea, are going to field very strong sides in the semi-finals of this high priority for them (low priority for us) competition. I think because of this, we will now have to field a stronger side to face our rivals in a competition we are really not that arsed about. We have bigger Fish to fry.

Hopefully Bristol City will beat the scum, and we can still field all our youngsters, and what will be, will be. I couldn’t imagine us playing a second string against the top sides.
zabbadabbado
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: KDB

Postby phips » Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:46 pm

Mase wrote:
phips wrote:does this count as a draw? winning streak post-Shakhtar reset?

As per the Wolves match, it counts as a win.

cheers. wasnt sure since the penalty shootout goals dont actually count for a player's goal stats. weird stuff about shootouts.

and now that you mention it i completely forgot there was that arbitration about the Wolves match that decided it was a win.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby zabbadabbado » Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:18 pm

zabbadabbado
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: KDB

Postby john@staustell » Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:21 pm

Maureen would disapprove of the exciteable celebrations. Bet he was gnashing at the telly.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:48 pm

Mahrez really doesn't have much luck with penalties against us. Remember last season's game at the Etihad where he double hit it and scored but was disallowed and a free kick was given to us.

Guess who the ref was......
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby johnny crossan » Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:18 pm

Just watching a replay on BT - Bravo wasn't exactly overenamoured by Pep's blandishments at the end there!
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:35 pm

johnny crossan wrote:Just watching a replay on BT - Bravo wasn't exactly overenamoured by Pep's blandishments at the end there!

I saw that at the end of the game and thought the same..did not want to dampen the feel good factor so early after the match which is why I didn't bring this up.....but yes , def no love seeping out of Bravo.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby john@staustell » Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:59 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:Just watching a replay on BT - Bravo wasn't exactly overenamoured by Pep's blandishments at the end there!

I saw that at the end of the game and thought the same..did not want to dampen the feel good factor so early after the match which is why I didn't bring this up.....but yes , def no love seeping out of Bravo.

Don't know what he's got to moan about. He's played for two of the best clubs in the game and he's bloody terrible
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby PrezIke » Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:49 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Noticed it as well.

Pep did so again towards the end of the celebrations and Claudio still reacted coldly.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby PrezIke » Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:53 pm

john@staustell wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Don't know what he's got to moan about. He's played for two of the best clubs in the game and he's bloody terrible

Maybe he feels he wasn't given a fair shot against Ederson and wanted a chance to prove himself further after last season? There are rumours he was going through some serious personal problems.

Hard to know, other than he's been dropped.

Pep also seems rather cold towards Tosin if we're gonna go there.
Last edited by PrezIke on Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Mase » Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:57 pm

PrezIke wrote:
john@staustell wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Maybe he feels he wasn't given a fair shot against Ederson and wanted a chance to prove himself further after last season? There are rumours he was going through some serious personal problems.

7 minutes 40 seconds in....

Watch on youtube.com

He’s got nothing but love for Tosin, and likewise Tosin for Pep.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby PrezIke » Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:01 pm

Mase wrote:
PrezIke wrote:
john@staustell wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

7 minutes 40 seconds in....

Watch on youtube.com

He’s got nothing but love for Tosin, and likewise Tosin for Pep.

I guess because he wasn't one of the penalty takers it seemed that way to me at the end of extra time, and I thought I noticed it once before.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby johnny crossan » Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:23 pm

PrezIke wrote:I guess because he wasn't one of the penalty takers .....
I'm not sure Tosin would have expected to have been one of the first five, Zinchenko was next out of the traps I think, then presumably Bernardo, Danilo, Walker and maybe Bravo before him and Dele Bashiru
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby BlueinBosnia » Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:38 pm

johnny crossan wrote:
I'm not sure Tosin would have expected to have been one of the first five, Zinchenko was next out of the traps I think, then presumably Bernardo, Danilo, Walker and maybe Bravo before him and Dele Bashiru

Has it been announced who was queued up to be our fifth pen taker? I guess it would have to be logged somewhere with the officials. I was wondering whether it might have been Bravo myself.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby patrickblue » Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:43 pm

BlueinBosnia wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:

Has it been announced who was queued up to be our fifth pen taker? I guess it would have to be logged somewhere with the officials. I was wondering whether it might have been Bravo myself.

Zinchenko said he was next after the game, and congratulated Bravo for saving him the hassle.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Kippax Sean » Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:04 pm

Great result and great entertainment.
Kippax Sean
Tevez's Golfing Holiday