Zinchenko

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Zinchenko

Postby nottsblue » Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:48 am

Liked the look of him last night. First real time I've seen him and he did a lot of things well. Mahrez skinned him once or twice but he does that to a lot of experienced PL defenders so there's no shame in that.

He's young, learning and seems very comfortable on the ball. Like to see how he'd link up with Sane on the left and Stones and Otter at the side of him with Fern roaming for added protection. Looks to have a tasty shot on him and I reckon he's the sort of lad that with practice could be a decent free kick taker.

I know Noolie had suggested he goes out on loan. I disagree. It seems to me that staying with the first team squad and training day in day out with them and getting to know our players and style will do his education a world of good. I know there is a strong argument that experience is vital but that us only true if it is in the right environment. So many of our prospects have gone out on loan to Championship clubs or lower level European clubs and not come back better players for it. At least whilst they are with us they can be coached in our way. Plus, the old adage of if you're good enough, then you'll play is starting to bear fruit. With all the fixtures now coming thick and fast there will be further opportunities for the lad.

I hope that we see a bit more of him soon
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Re: Zinchenko

Postby Dubciteh » Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:50 am

MotM for me.

Tricky for him, does he stay and train and hope to become a squad player as a left back or does he move and play as a midfielder. Hard to know what is best for him.

If we keep him it may negate the need to buy a left back in Jan, meaning we can concentrate in other areas.
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby mr_nool » Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:19 am

He could obviously stay and be a back-up as a Delph type left back, but he lacks the pace to be a Mendy/Walker type full back. Whether he goes on loan or not, I guess i down to whether we get another left back in in January. Perhaps he's shown Pep enough for the club to decide that a new CB is a more urgent need?

Anyhow, He just turned 21 (last week). I don't think another half a season as a bit-part player for us will be too detrimental to his development, but for next season, I think it is vital that he gets proper game time.

By the way, how is Celina (same age, similar player) doing at Ipswich? Who has the bigger potential?
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby South Stand Balti » Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:35 am

Zinc was excellent last night considering he is not a left back. His future lies as a tricky attacking left sided midfielder. The experience at left back will do him good though. I'm hoping a left back is our priority in the Jan transfer window.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby john@staustell » Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:02 pm

Very neat last night and covered up his lack of pace quite well. He's got such a sweet left foot I don't know why he never crosses it.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Dipstick » Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:23 pm

mr_nool wrote:
By the way, how is Celina (same age, similar player) doing at Ipswich? Who has the bigger potential?

7 goals in 18 appearances.

MUEN report from earlier this month - http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/man-city-news-bersant-celina-14008287
"People say I'm egocentric, but enough about them." Lily Allen
Dipstick
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchster CIty
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby mr_nool » Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:36 pm

Dipstick wrote:
mr_nool wrote:

7 goals in 18 appearances.

MUEN report from earlier this month - http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/man-city-news-bersant-celina-14008287

Cheers mate!
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Sideshow Bob » Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:56 pm

tidy player but his lack of pace and physicality really hurts him. would prob do well in la liga...not sure about the PL.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Return to The Maine Football forum