other cup games this week

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: other cup games this week

Postby mr_nool » Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:49 am

Justified logic wrote:OK, I admit it. I just love reggae.

Mate, check out my link to reggae Christmas songs in the "What are you listening to" thread.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby johnny crossan » Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:42 am

Justified logic wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:
Justified logic wrote:I've got to say, The Liquidator is a fucking awsome club anthem to have. Inspiring as fuck.

Watch on youtube.com

and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQ5N3DpIVpI

Am I the only one who finds BLUEMOON!!!! shouted out by a load of inebriates a total fucking bore?

So you find clapping to a tune inspiring? I'm lost

No. The Liquidator. A great tune. Really impressed when I heard it at Wembley FA Cup semi-final. 'Announcer' played some shit dross for City that I didn't even recognise. I'm OK with others being inspired by Bluemoon but I personally think it is a crap song when just shouted out by drunkards. My opinion and tough shit to you if you can't handle that.

I'm was trying to recall when it was Bluemoon became our anthem and couldn't but the OS has helped me out
‘Blue Moon’ was originally sung by Crewe Alexandra's fans. It was only during the past couple of decades that the Blues adopted it and made it their own.
City historical expert Gary James remembers the first time he heard it:
“The first time I can ever recall it being sung was at the opening game of the 1989-90 season at Liverpool,” he said. “It had never been sung by fans during the seasons before that.
“At Anfield, City fans were kept behind for a while after the match and a few lads started singing it as we started to make our way out. They sang a sort of melancholic version, but it caught on.”

https://www.mancity.com/news/club%20new ... lue%20moon

I like it
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby budfox » Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:54 am

In fairness to Maureen, someone pointed out on the BBC website that Bristol City are the best team in Bristol, whereas... well you can work out the rest. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
budfox
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Kev

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:34 pm

johnny crossan wrote:
Justified logic wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:
Justified logic wrote:I've got to say, The Liquidator is a fucking awsome club anthem to have. Inspiring as fuck.

Watch on youtube.com

and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQ5N3DpIVpI

Am I the only one who finds BLUEMOON!!!! shouted out by a load of inebriates a total fucking bore?

So you find clapping to a tune inspiring? I'm lost

No. The Liquidator. A great tune. Really impressed when I heard it at Wembley FA Cup semi-final. 'Announcer' played some shit dross for City that I didn't even recognise. I'm OK with others being inspired by Bluemoon but I personally think it is a crap song when just shouted out by drunkards. My opinion and tough shit to you if you can't handle that.

I'm was trying to recall when it was Bluemoon became our anthem and couldn't but the OS has helped me out
‘Blue Moon’ was originally sung by Crewe Alexandra's fans. It was only during the past couple of decades that the Blues adopted it and made it their own.
City historical expert Gary James remembers the first time he heard it:
“The first time I can ever recall it being sung was at the opening game of the 1989-90 season at Liverpool,” he said. “It had never been sung by fans during the seasons before that.
“At Anfield, City fans were kept behind for a while after the match and a few lads started singing it as we started to make our way out. They sang a sort of melancholic version, but it caught on.”

https://www.mancity.com/news/club%20new ... lue%20moon

I like it

For some reason I seem to remember us singing 'Im forever blowing bubbles...' in the late '70s/early 80s. I was young though so it maybe we were playing the Hammers and I liked the tune.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:46 pm

I remember singing you'll never walk alone on the kippax in the 80s.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby john@staustell » Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:50 pm

Wonderwall wrote:I remember singing you'll never walk alone on the kippax in the 80s.

You probably were fairly lonely then mate, compared with today (football in general, not City). Ah the 80s :D
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby johnny crossan » Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:22 pm

Wonderwall wrote:I remember singing you'll never walk alone on the kippax in the 80s.

Back a bit further - brings a tear to the eye - anybody recognise the song?
Watch on youtube.com

the song in this clip is a bit easier - I remember it well. Bert the hero turned up complete with broken neck :D
Watch on youtube.com
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:12 pm

johnny crossan wrote:

Back a bit further - brings a tear to the eye - anybody recognise the song?
Watch on youtube.com

the song in this clip is a bit easier - I remember it well. Bert the hero turned up complete with broken neck :D
Watch on youtube.com

Ah, Bernhard Carl Trautmann, my boyhood hero and one of the greatest blokes ever.

What a footballer and what a man.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum