Friday's B*ll*x

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Friday's B*ll*x

Postby Chinners » Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:08 am

THE BOLLOX

Mario Balotelli has declared he wants a move back to a “big club”
and says he would go back to to Manchester City for free.
The former Liverpool and Man City striker is in his second season at Ligue 1 side Nice and has scored 15 goals this sesaon.
But the Italian, now 27, does not want to finish his career in France.
He said: “The aim is to go back to a big club. To win something important again. I called (agent) Mino Raiola and asked: ‘What am I doing in January?’ He said he didn’t know. I want to remain, so we’ll see.
"Admittedly, I would like to get back to having a strong squad behind me. I want to play in the Champions League and win something.
“I am certainly not thinking about the end of my career yet. I am 27 years old, so I can play another six or seven years at the top level.”
Balotelli played for two-and-a-half years for City until January 2013 under Roberto Mancini.
In interviews with Gazzetta dello Sport and Sky Italia , Balotelli added: “I love City, the Manchester City fans and the club. I’d happily go back there for free. It was the best year of my life, even if the city is a little difficult to live in. Manchester is not London.
“In football terms, City was spectacular. I am so happy that they are going strong with Pep Guardiola and hope they win the title with 20 games to spare.
Balotelli also said he had grown up now he is a father.
“I am the father everyone would want because I never say no,” he said. “I like to see them laugh and joke.
"Except when I come back from training and rest for two hours, the rest of the day is for my children. I have never been so happy than the first time Pia (his daughter) called me dad.”

WAGVENT CALENDAR - DAY 22

Spoiler: Show/Hide
Spoilbox

Pep Guardiola Under Investigation For Role In "Illegal" Independence Vote
Perhaps Jose Mourinho was correct in warning Manchester City's Pep Guardiola of the dangers wearing that "yellow-ribbon" could bring?
A demonstration of Guardiola's compassion for the political prisoners caught up in the recent move for Catalan independence, it is now being reported that Guardiola himself could be faced with a few uncomfortable questions.
Having been accused of inciting rebellious behaviour with a speech he delivered during a pro-independence march on June 11, an official report from the Spanish police force has named Guardiola as one of many they are investigating for the roles they played in this "illegal" drive for independence:
The manifesto was read by Josep Guardiola and was done so to mobilise all the supporters of independence.
Throughout what has been a difficult number of months for Spain and the autonomous region of Catalonia, the "illegal" vote for independence became a story far beyond the borders of Spain alone.
Interestingly, the speech that Guardiola - alongside a number of other well-known figures - gave on June 11th was read in English.
In it, the former Barcelona manager stated that "we are here today to make it clear, that on the 1st of October, we are going to vote in a referendum to decide our future."
Conceding that the Spanish government "doesn't want us to" vote, Guardiola cited previous failures to reach an agreement with the government as reason enough to carry out the intended vote now.
Placing the plight of the Catalans as that of a democratic region against an "authoritarian state", Guardiola's words were delivered with great passion, and to a raucous reception from the gathered audience.
No stranger to the Catalan cause for independence, it is highly unlikely that Guardiola didn't expect some sort of reaction from the Spanish government.
What it will mean for the manager or indeed Manchester City is as yet unknown. One person sure to be keeping a close eye on proceedings however is his opposing number across the city.

EUCATASTROPHE
juːkəˈtastrəfi
noun: eucatastrophe; plural noun: eucatastrophes
a sudden and favourable resolution of events in a story; a happy ending.
"Madley did his best to ruin the party, but Bravo's penalty save proved a eucatastrophe."

Arsenal's Alexis Sanchez to snub January exit
then join Manchester City in £400,000-a-week free transfer next summer
Blues can make the striker one of the world game's top earners as they would not have to pay the Gunners a penny
Chilean superstar Sanchez will get a signing-on fee and huge contract that will equate to a salary of around £325,000-a-week PLUS image rights worth another £75,000-a-week.
That would make him one of the world game’s top earners — boosted by the fact he will not cost City a transfer fee.
Sanchez, who has already turned down that sort of figure from China, has made it clear to Arsenal he is going to quit.
City are confident they can wait until the end of the season to sign him, even though Paris Saint-Germain remain keen and could bid in January.
The Mancunian Blues bid £60million for Sanchez in August but the deal did not happen as Arsenal could not get a replacement signed in time, failing with a last-minute bid for Monaco’s Thomas Lemar.
Sanchez is keen to leave the Londoners as he wants to win trophies — and Chile’s shock failure to qualify for next summer's World Cup has only made him even more determined to join a European power.
His form has dropped off in recent weeks, but the Gunners may not be able to sell in January if City believe they can get him in the summer.
Arsenal are in a similar situation with midfielder Mesut Ozil, whose contract is up next summer and he is a target for Manchester United and Barcelona.
But they have not given up on keeping the Germany international and are still hoping they can tempt him to stay. They have already offered him £275,000-a-week.
Former Arsenal and England striker Ian Wright claims their handling of the Sanchez and Ozil situations has been “disgusting”.
He said: “It is terrible business for Arsenal, for a club that is accused of being a business to allow two players like that to run their contracts down.
“Sanchez, on top form, is easily a £100m player. Ozil on top form is worth £70m-£80m. Arsenal are letting that go. It is disgusting business on the management side for Arsenal.
“How are you going to sell players like that in January for £25m? It is like people are laughing at you.
“Manchester City could find £25m in the car seat or something. And you’re going to get Sanchez for that kind of money?
“For it to get to this point where they can be offered that kind of money.... and why would you offer £60m when they are free in a few months?
“With the way Sanchez is playing and having seen him be substituted in recent times, something that never used to happen, I would probably take the hit on him now — because it looks like the towel has gone in and his heart isn’t in it now.”

Man United, Man City won't face charges over derby dust-up

This month's clash between Manchester United and Manchester City had a heated ending.
The English Football Association said Thursday no formal action would be taken against Manchester United or Manchester City following ugly scenes that overshadowed the derby at Old Trafford earlier this month.
City beat nearest challengers United 2-1 to consolidate their position at the top of the Premier League on December 10.

The visitors’ celebrations after the match are alleged to have sparked a row involving several players and staff from both teams in the corridor outside the dressing rooms.
During the altercation, it is understood that milk and water were thrown at United boss Jose Mourinho from within the City dressing room. Reports said City assistant coach Mikel Arteta was left with a cut below his eye after being hit by a plastic bottle.
The Football Association (FA) asked the clubs to explain the post-match fracas.
But in a statement on Thursday, the FA said: “Following a review of the evidence provided by the clubs and independent eyewitnesses, the FA will be taking no formal action.”
Following the incident, Mourinho dismissed claims his Manchester United players were in the wrong.
City manager Pep Guardiola also defended his players, although he offered an apology to United.

GOLDEN RANDOM POST BOLLOX
by dazby » Mon Mar 13, 2006 2:52 am
I am in a bad mood today. We will lose 0-8 and we will lose every game from here to eternity. Right, now that that is out of the system. Bubble on the double for a 2-0 win. We will then give Notlob the hiding they so richly deserve.

Fernandinho contract extension already been signed?
Manchester City midfielder Fernandinho has reportedly already put pen to paper on a one-year contract extension at the Etihad Stadium.
The 32-year-old, now into his fifth season with the Citizens, was due to see his current terms expire at the end of the campaign.
City prioritised getting a deal over the line for the Brazil international, knowing that he was free to speak to foreign clubs from next month.
According to Goal.com, an agreement has already been reached and City have the option to extend it by a further 12 months should they wish.
Fernandinho joined from Shakhtar Donetsk in a £30m deal and has gone on to win one Premier League title and two League Cups.

CITY'S 2017 YEAR BOLLOX
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... bours.html

GOLDEN RANDOM POST BOLLOX
Football Trivia
by Leeds Blueboy » Mon Mar 20, 2006 2:56 pm
to help some of you pass the last few hours at work before the big match....

Can you name 10 foreign players that have played 250 or more premiership games?

Inter Milan want to take Manchester United midfielder Henrikh Mkhitaryan on loan in January, but cannot commit to buying the 28-year-old in the summer. (Gazzetta dello Sport, via Talksport)

Crystal Palace manager Roy Hodgson says he cannot guarantee winger Wilfried Zaha, 25, will be at the club beyond the January transfer window. (Reuters)

Everton boss Sam Allardyce wants to make Crystal Palace centre-back James Tomkins, 28, his first signing in a potential £20m deal. (Sun)

Stoke City boss Mark Hughes is confident he retains the support of the club's board and can turn the Potters' fortunes around. (Talksport_

Newcastle are interested in Leicester and Algeria striker Islam Slimani, 29, but current takeover talks at St James' Park could scupper any deal in January. (Leicester Mercury)

Chelsea boss Antonio Conte expects to strengthen his squad by adding a forward in January. (Independent)

Manchester United are keeping tabs on 19-year-old Borussia Dortmund winger Christian Pulisic. (Daily Mail)

Arsenal are considering a 20 million euro (£17.7m) move for 22-year-old Barcelona winger Jose Arnaiz. (Marca)

Liverpool target Sime Vrsaljko, 25, will not be leaving Atletico Madrid in January, with the club's president insisting he will remain with the La Liga side. (Radio CRC, via Daily Star)

Barcelona midfielder Andres Iniesta says Liverpool playmaker Philippe Coutinho, 25, would fit in perfectly at the Nou Camp. (Mundo Deportivo - in Spanish)

Liverpool are competing with Borussia Dortmund for 22-year-old Basel centre-back Manuel Akanji. (Independent)

Atletico Madrid midfielder Nicolas Gaitan, 29, will leave the club in January as Premier League sides want to sign him, says the Argentina international's agent. (Foot Mercato, via Daily Mail)

Stoke midfielder Stephen Ireland, 31, has agreed a new deal at the club. (ESPN)

Juventus midfielder Sami Khedira has thanked Fifa for fixing his haircut after the game maker's initially gave him his old, longer look.
"I think I look quite realistic now, right? Thanks for fixing it," he said on Instagram. "I promise I'll never colour it blonde."

Atletico Madrid have sold their share in Ligue 2 side Lens, just 12 months after making the investment. (ESPN)

Liverpool midfielder Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain took a bit of a hammering from some pupils on a visit to a local school. (Twitter)

Former Chelsea boss Luiz Felipe Scolari says striker Nicolas Anelka got him the sack at Stamford Bridge - by refusing to play on the wing. (ESPN Brazil, via Daily Mirror)

Swansea are trying to persuade former Manchester United boss Louis van Gaal to become their next manager after sacking Paul Clement. (Daily Mirror)

Former Stoke, West Brom and Crystal Palace boss Tony Pulis is the favourite to succeed Clement. (Daily Star)

Barcelona are willing to pay £132m to sign Liverpool midfielder Philippe Coutinho, 25, in January. (Sport - via Daily Mail)
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Re: Friday's B*ll*x

Postby RodneyRodney » Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:55 am

I dunno . . . Mad Maz ; anyone tempted ? I've got to admit that I am , just slightly. Ever so slightly. Still only 27, and whacking them in with his eyes closed for Nice.

STOP IT RODNEY ! RIGHT NOW ! BEHAVE !!
"Our planet is a BLUE planet" - Sir David Attenborough
RodneyRodney
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester; Patriots
My favourite player is: Enzo Francescoli

Postby Grandad Rosler » Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:26 am

RodneyRodney wrote:I dunno . . . Mad Maz ; anyone tempted ? I've got to admit that I am , just slightly. Ever so slightly. Still only 27, and whacking them in with his eyes closed for Nice.

STOP IT RODNEY ! RIGHT NOW ! BEHAVE !!

I'd have him back in a heartbeat. Absolutely loved the guy even though he was crazy as they come
Grandad Rosler
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Andy Morrison

Postby Wooders » Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:47 am

Even though I love him and I am very curious to see what Pep can do with him I would worry that he will disrupt the harmony in the squad
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby craigmcfc » Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:21 am

Yeah, heart says a massive yes, head a big no.

Love the guy
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby City64 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:45 am

Top bollox !
Mario has had his time but I’m sure his offer is in jest and a nice Christmas wind up :)
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby RodneyRodney » Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:03 am

Wooders wrote:Even though I love him and I am very curious to see what Pep can do with him I would worry that he will disrupt the harmony in the squad

If anyone can do anything with him, it would be PEP.
In Pep we trust.
C'mon Pep ; our boy wants to come home . . .

RODDERS !! STOP THAT NOW !! ZIP IT !! YOU KNOW IT'S NOT GOING TO HAPPEN !!
Last edited by RodneyRodney on Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Our planet is a BLUE planet" - Sir David Attenborough
RodneyRodney
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester; Patriots
My favourite player is: Enzo Francescoli

Postby blues-clues » Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:03 am

Mario and Mendy = PARTY

Not sure he would fit with Pep's style but his talent was never in doubt. If Pep could hone his skill and develop him the way he has brought the best out of the rest of the squad, he could be sensational.

Thing is with Mario, people have been saying that for nearly 10 years now.

Like other posters - Mario is still one of my favourite players but my head says it would never work.
blues-clues
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Joe Corrigan

Postby Blue Noodle » Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:18 am

Love Balo but there is no way on earth he would fit in a Pep team. He just doesn't work hard enough without the ball.

Would be nice if he came back all the same.
Blue Noodle
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby Blue Noodle » Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:22 am

Also, Did I really miss 21 days of Wagvent?
Blue Noodle
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby nottsblue » Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:32 pm

Blue Noodle wrote:Also, Did I really miss 21 days of Wagvent?

Thought that myself
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Nigels Tackle » Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:23 pm

nottsblue wrote:

Thought that myself

you can catch up in here.....

NOTE THAT THIS IS NOT SAFE FOR WORK!!!!!!!

https://boobychristmas.com
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby South Stand Balti » Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:06 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:
nottsblue wrote:

Thought that myself

Brilliant! Goo work NT
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby South Stand Balti » Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:06 pm

South Stand Balti wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:
nottsblue wrote:

Thought that myself

Brilliant! Good work NT
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby nottsblue » Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:27 pm

South Stand Balti wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:
nottsblue wrote:

Thought that myself

Brilliant! Goo work NT

Superb. Made a shit day go a bit better
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby City64 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:26 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:
nottsblue wrote:

Thought that myself

Now we are are talking proper tits and fanny section , great work !

Check window 4 out :shock: :shock: :lol:
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby craigmcfc » Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:38 pm

I like the Booty Version you can click on at the top right too

Number 18 in particular