***CITY V BOURNEMOUTH - OFFICIAL THREAD***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***CITY V BOURNEMOUTH - OFFICIAL THREAD***

Postby BlueinBosnia » Sun Dec 24, 2017 4:26 pm

Justified logic wrote:And I'd just add that empty seats don't necessarily mean that the people have left the stadium; they could be at the top of the stairways, watching the game, or watching the game on the screens on the concourse, all ready to make the quickest possible getaway when the game does finish.

This I agree with. However, in a modern stadium like ours, concourses are wider, meaning more people can stand on stairways and concourses, and with people sitting mid-row leaving, a 'ripple effect' is created, whereby lots of fans end up loitering on the concourse for the last 5-10 minutes of the game, both to not get in the way of (and be got in the way by) early leavers, and to be a step ahead of those who do say in their seats until the final whistle blows.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Sun Dec 24, 2017 4:50 pm

Mase wrote:
Sideshow Bob wrote:agree that empty seats at 83’ is a bad look, but are blues any different than other fans in that regard? alwyas see rags and dipper fans leaving early. emirates often a ghost town at full time.

Not at all mate. Arsenal fans leave earlier than the 80th. My mates a Liverpool season ticket holder and he says a hell of a lot leave early - he was the one that brought it up to me. Rags have been notorious recently for leaving early. It’s everyone.

I've been going round grounds in various all four leagues, trying to see all 92, and leaving early is common everywhere.

And the away fans almost always out sing the home fans (except on those few occasions when their is just one car full of them)
Last edited by Hutch's Shoulder on Sun Dec 24, 2017 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby edge275 » Sun Dec 24, 2017 4:52 pm

Do you think we should start heavily punishing people who leave early?
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275
pot noodle style supporter
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mike Lingo

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Dec 24, 2017 5:06 pm

edge275 wrote:Do you think we should start heavily punishing people who leave early?

Id take away their scarf.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Mase » Sun Dec 24, 2017 5:20 pm

edge275 wrote:Do you think we should start heavily punishing people who leave early?

I’d punish them by thanking them for paying for their ticket. Bastards.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby City64 » Sun Dec 24, 2017 6:32 pm

Yeah I would send them to Dublin or South America .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Dec 24, 2017 6:33 pm

City64 wrote:

Whos in South America ?
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby City64 » Sun Dec 24, 2017 6:39 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
City64 wrote:

Whos in South America ?

Carribean ?

Hurricane armchair ?
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Dec 24, 2017 6:49 pm

City64 wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
City64 wrote:

Whos in South America ?

Carribean ?

Hurricane armchair ?

Caribbean...one R and Two B,s......dont forget now.

P.S Hurricane season is over and I have a sofa.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Original Dub » Sun Dec 24, 2017 6:58 pm

Who's in Dublin?
Original Dub

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Dec 24, 2017 7:20 pm

Original Dub wrote:Who's in Dublin?

Geography was obviously not his strong point.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby City64 » Sun Dec 24, 2017 7:30 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Im better at Geography than you ever will be on knowing a decent center half wearing a city shirt and im shit at geography ! As Liam would say ....... as you were x
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Dec 24, 2017 7:42 pm

City64 wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Im better at Geography than you ever will be on knowing a decent center half wearing a city shirt and im shit at geography ! As Liam would say ....... as you were x

Eh ?

Are you drunk again ? whos Liam ? does he live in Dublin or South America ?
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby patrickblue » Sun Dec 24, 2017 7:57 pm

City64 wrote:
phips wrote:is it possible that different people have different levels on fandom? that the majority of fans--not tourists taking in a match while they're in town or casual fan, but the actual fan--dont see there being an issue with leaving early when up 4-0 or down 0-4? not everyone lives and dies with what goes on with their club; plenty of people do (lots of them on here) but its possible that many others view fandom differently. when the match is wrapped up they leave a little early so they can beat the traffic and get home to their families/friends or to their jobs or to something else. the smaller portion of the fanbase that are absolute diehards will stay beyond the 90' and sing and clap the squad etc. thats fine for them but not everyone needs to do the same thing and support their club the same way; different styles dont make anyone less of a fan. different people choose to support their club different ways. seems that the outrage stems from the diehards not understanding that the more common, "average fan" doesnt appreciate and support the club in the same manner. well its different strokes for different folks and all that.

this is by no means a City-specific problem and, heck, its not a football related problem. I've been to concerts and all sorts of other sporting events where lots of people leave early. flat out, people hate sitting in traffic and that basically trumps everything else for most people.

Possibly your finest post phips , well done !

You almost fucked it up with Americanism,s "Different Strokes" and "Trump" though !?!?!

Brilliant post Mr Phips. Never mind the Americanism's, as long as you don't start talking about offence, defense and rosters we're OK.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby edge275 » Sun Dec 24, 2017 8:05 pm

phips wrote:is it possible that different people have different levels on fandom? that the majority of fans--not tourists taking in a match while they're in town or casual fan, but the actual fan--dont see there being an issue with leaving early when up 4-0 or down 0-4? not everyone lives and dies with what goes on with their club; plenty of people do (lots of them on here) but its possible that many others view fandom differently. when the match is wrapped up they leave a little early so they can beat the traffic and get home to their families/friends or to their jobs or to something else. the smaller portion of the fanbase that are absolute diehards will stay beyond the 90' and sing and clap the squad etc. thats fine for them but not everyone needs to do the same thing and support their club the same way; different styles dont make anyone less of a fan. different people choose to support their club different ways. seems that the outrage stems from the diehards not understanding that the more common, "average fan" doesnt appreciate and support the club in the same manner. well its different strokes for different folks and all that.

this is by no means a City-specific problem and, heck, its not a football related problem. I've been to concerts and all sorts of other sporting events where lots of people leave early. flat out, people hate sitting in traffic and that basically trumps everything else for most people.

Isn’t it more fun to start a witch hunt though? I personally think so.
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275
pot noodle style supporter
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Mike Lingo

Postby City64 » Sun Dec 24, 2017 8:34 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
City64 wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Eh ?

Are you drunk again ? whos Liam ? does he live in Dublin or South America ?

Liam from Burnage , swears more than you and me , got a brother aswell . Both Man City fans ,think there geography a bit shit aswell but decent on the music front .
Wealth of Mancunian knowledge me , just ask if you need to keep up to speed that's what the internet is for , hurricane or no hurricane .

happy xmas
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby patrickblue » Sun Dec 24, 2017 9:15 pm

edge275 wrote:

Isn’t it more fun to start a witch hunt though? I personally think so.

TBH, I read the post several times wondering what people would find in it to take Phips to task over.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum