***CITY V BOURNEMOUTH - OFFICIAL THREAD***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***CITY V BOURNEMOUTH - OFFICIAL THREAD***

Postby Justified logic » Sat Dec 23, 2017 5:16 pm

Mase wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Original Dub wrote:The stadium emptying.

Fucking sad.

There's 40,000 loyal fans who stay thru to the end come rain sleet or snow............................ and then there are thousands of peasants who don't deserve a ticket to watch us play.

The biggest insult in the world of football is to leave a stadium early , especially when City are dishing up this kind of football week in and week out.

Embarrassing.

Are they fans though or are they these tourists that we now have - which is to be expected with how big we’ve got.

Three experts discussing watching games live in the stadium!
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sat Dec 23, 2017 5:18 pm

Justified logic wrote:
Mase wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Fucking sad.

There's 40,000 loyal fans who stay thru to the end come rain sleet or snow............................ and then there are thousands of peasants who don't deserve a ticket to watch us play.

The biggest insult in the world of football is to leave a stadium early , especially when City are dishing up this kind of football week in and week out.

Embarrassing.

Are they fans though or are they these tourists that we now have - which is to be expected with how big we’ve got.

One of which went to live games more than most people on this site and stayed till the end no matter how fuckign shit we were......and shit we were indeed.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Mase » Sat Dec 23, 2017 5:22 pm

Haha I had my season ticket for 20 years in a row :lol:
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Justified logic » Sat Dec 23, 2017 5:24 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Justified logic wrote:
Mase wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Fucking sad.

Embarrassing.

One of which went to live games more than most people on this site and stayed till the end no matter how fuckign shit we were......and shit we were indeed.

Well I went to plenty and still do when the occasion arises and I've only left at FT, before the final whistle, once to make sure I caught the train back from WHL. But nothing gives me the right to make denigrating coments on what others do.
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sat Dec 23, 2017 5:24 pm

Mase wrote:Haha I had my season ticket for 20 years in a row :lol:

I always laugh when I get called out for living overseas slating off fans for leaving early.

I was there when we shit.....I was there when we was shit...I was there..........
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Scatman » Sat Dec 23, 2017 5:34 pm

Justified logic wrote:
Mase wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Fucking sad.

Embarrassing.

Better not going than leaving early I'd say
Scatman
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Mase » Sat Dec 23, 2017 5:34 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

I always laugh when I get called out for living overseas slating off fans for leaving early.

I was there when we shit.....I was there when we was shit...I was there..........

Haha same mate. Makes me laugh!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby BlueinBosnia » Sat Dec 23, 2017 5:45 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Fucking sad.

Embarrassing.

I've got to say, but it looks like one hell of a lot less than 40K on TV to me. I think one problem is that people in mid-row who want to get out can push other people out, who then feel less obliged to stay in their seat until the end, either leaving early, or standing on the concourses to watch (which, as a modern stadium, we have a lot more space for fans to do than most). There should be a way to grass those mid-row leavers up, and have the club force them to move seats to the front/back of blocks to leave early collectively. I'd guess 30-40% of those who don't stay in their seats until the end leave their seats because of others pushing their way past them.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby patrickblue » Sat Dec 23, 2017 6:19 pm

Half the trouble is they keep showing the bit where the tunnel used to be, in the middle of the Colin Bell, which is always half empty. I assume it's corporate.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Mase » Sat Dec 23, 2017 6:29 pm

patrickblue wrote:Half the trouble is they keep showing the bit where the tunnel used to be, in the middle of the Colin Bell, which is always half empty. I assume it's corporate.

It is.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby johnny crossan » Sat Dec 23, 2017 6:33 pm

Mase wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Against Tottenham it took me three hours to get home because I didn't leave 5 minutes before the end, tonight I did and was home in 40 minutes. What makes me laugh is those of you who haven't got a clue what utter chaos is involved in getting out. Pillocks.
Last edited by johnny crossan on Sat Dec 23, 2017 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby BlueinBosnia » Sat Dec 23, 2017 6:33 pm

patrickblue wrote:Half the trouble is they keep showing the bit where the tunnel used to be, in the middle of the Colin Bell, which is always half empty. I assume it's corporate.

Yep, that's definitely an issue, too. However, I think almost every major club's ground has a camera focus on the corporate section. You notice that in internationals, Wembley games and European games, where there's an obviously more-sparsely-populated area in the centre of grounds.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Original Dub » Sat Dec 23, 2017 6:44 pm

johnny crossan wrote:
Mase wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Against Tottenham it took me three hours to get home because I didn't leave 5 minutes before the end, tonight I did and was home in 40 minutes. What makes me laugh is those of you who haven't got a clue what utter chaos is involved in getting out. Pillocks.

Calm down there Nora and put a new pair of knickers on.

This is an issue that needs sorting. At least you've given a valid reason for this issue. So instead of getting scorpy when people point out the embarrassment of having thousands of fans walking out on a team of this calibre, maybe give what you think is a solution.

If every fan has to go through "utter chaos" when leaving after the final whistle, then the club need to address it.

It certainly needs highlighting as its embarrassing, even if it doesn't taste nice having the conversation.

Pour yourself a cup of tea now Nora and have a think about it.
Original Dub

Postby patrickblue » Sat Dec 23, 2017 6:46 pm

johnny crossan wrote:
Mase wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

I don't know where you have to go to JC, or which way, but I either go to Pics for the train, or M56 and M6 driving. The chaos driving to M56 adds 30 minutes, 40 tops, never 2 and a half hours. I always walk to the station if I'm on the train, and can't say the crowds make any difference.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Mase » Sat Dec 23, 2017 6:48 pm

johnny crossan wrote:
Mase wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

As I’ve said mate, most of the time I’d get the train in so would stay until the end, but when I did drive nine times out of ten I’d leave five mins from the end because other wise it’d take me a good hour and half - two hours to get home. I’ve got other things to be doing with my weekend. City isn’t my life.
I once made the mistake of using the official car park and it took me an hour and fifteen just to get off the car park let alone the drive home.

The club need to sort out stuff like that. Have one entrance and one exit to all car parks is a joke.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Mase » Sat Dec 23, 2017 6:51 pm

Also, when I drove I tried staying 10-15 minutes after the final whistle to let the queues die down and was threatened by the shitty stewards the club employs.

They threatened to get Showsec over - which I would have fuckin loved cause I hate those bellends and would have loved a dust up with a few of them.

If the club won’t allow you to stay around the stadium for 10 fuckin minutes after the final whistle, like they used to do at Maine Road, then they’re the cause of the leaving early problem.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby South Stand Balti » Sat Dec 23, 2017 7:12 pm

The crowd didn't leave early as much as normal, I thought. Loads of singing on, and after, the final whistle. Good job done today. No apparent injuries. Vince and big Dave back. No yellows for Sane, Vince or Fern.... so no suspensions. 55 points out of 57. Great just before Chrimbo
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby BlueinBosnia » Sat Dec 23, 2017 7:18 pm

johnny crossan wrote:
Mase wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

When I go, I've never had a problem with the traffic after staying until after the final whistle. My parents rarely do, either, from a 350 mile plus round trip for each home game.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Postby johnny crossan » Sat Dec 23, 2017 7:33 pm

BlueinBosnia wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:
Mase wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

When I go, I've never had a problem with the traffic after staying until after the final whistle. My parents rarely do, either, from a 350 mile plus round trip for each home game.
Well done, you and your family are obviously much smarter than most of the rest of us car users. Do you go often?
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Original Dub » Sat Dec 23, 2017 7:40 pm

Jesus Nora, will you calm down.

Anyone got a snickers for Nora??
Original Dub

PreviousNext