Otamendi

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Otamendi

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Tue Dec 26, 2017 3:41 pm

Hutch's Shoulder wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:
Sideshow Bob wrote:basically we just gave a 5 year contract to a player who will turns 30 soon. not sure that’s great business tbh, even though I like him as a player.
we'll get a return on that 2 year extension when he signs for Madrid after Virgil arrives.

It also spreads the remaining depreciation of his contract over a longer period, reducing his costs per year in the accounts.

I think I'm with Bob on this one.

It might be great from an accounting aspect but, in reality, if he starts going downhill in the next two or three years and can't merit a place in the team, we've got a player who could be drawing his wage for a couple of years, without actually needing to play.

The same argument also applies to signing Sanchez, although the weakness in this argument is that David Silva looks as though he could play for decades yet (well, not quite) and Fernandhino seems to get ever better as the years accumulate on his shoulders.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Dubciteh » Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:22 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
Hutch's Shoulder wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:
Sideshow Bob wrote:basically we just gave a 5 year contract to a player who will turns 30 soon. not sure that’s great business tbh, even though I like him as a player.
we'll get a return on that 2 year extension when he signs for Madrid after Virgil arrives.

It also spreads the remaining depreciation of his contract over a longer period, reducing his costs per year in the accounts.

It might be great from an accounting aspect but, in reality, if he starts going downhill in the next two or three years and can't merit a place in the team, we've got a player who could be drawing his wage for a couple of years, without actually needing to play.

The same argument also applies to signing Sanchez, although the weakness in this argument is that David Silva looks as though he could play for decades yet (well, not quite) and Fernandhino seems to get ever better as the years accumulate on his shoulders.

We got stung with nasri like this, im sceptical. 3 months of decent play wont make up for two years of shit and a new contract.
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby phips » Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:16 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
Hutch's Shoulder wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:

thats exactly what i said
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:17 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
Hutch's Shoulder wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:

If my aunt had balls....

I think he's earned this, his attitude is spot on, doesn't strike as the type to draw a wage for doing nothing, he'll push for a move if he finds himself sidelined on an ongoing basis.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:18 pm

phips wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
Hutch's Shoulder wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:

thats exactly what i said

Apologies for stealing your clothing chum. :oops: :oops:
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby PrezIke » Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:58 pm

Thought he'd be staying with Vinny gone and maybe no Maguire, but I think he knows he'll never be first choice under Pep due to his weaknesses.

Said this a while back but been a great servant to the club and really stepped up 2 seasons ago during the Centurion season where he got rid of those mind scratching mistakes against most sides and became reliably one of our best defenders. When Laporte arrived the writing was on the wall and Pep always wants a left footed CB for those long balls to switch it to the other flank. Also, Stones was one of "the chosen" so Pep was always going to be more invested in developing him.

Was against Liverpool I believe I recall where you could still see he couldn't quite hack it against the press, even if he is a decent passer for a centre half, he's no Laporte or Stones (when he's on).

No way we are in for Maguire at the fees quoted.

Some mysterious CB we aren't thinking of (I read Ahsan's claim on Twitter) is probably lurking, and Bournemouth will be sweating about losing Ake a lot more now. However, I can't see us going in with Ake and Garcia as the backups as that leaves us very thin on size and strength at the position for the season which spells trouble against the British "2nd balls" style that Pep talks about 24/7 as a concern.

Just saw this part:

PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby PeterParker » Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:55 pm

PrezIke wrote:

Thought he'd be staying with Vinny gone and maybe no Maguire, but I think he knows he'll never be first choice under Pep due to his weaknesses.

Said this a while back but been a great servant to the club and really stepped up 2 seasons ago during the Centurion season where he got rid of those mind scratching mistakes against most sides and became reliably one of our best defenders. When Laporte arrived the writing was on the wall and Pep always wants a left footed CB for those long balls to switch it to the other flank. Also, Stones was one of "the chosen" so Pep was always going to be more invested in developing him.

Was against Liverpool I believe I recall where you could still see he couldn't quite hack it against the press, even if he is a decent passer for a centre half, he's no Laporte or Stones (when he's on).

No way we are in for Maguire at the fees quoted.

Some mysterious CB we aren't thinking of (I read Ahsan's claim on Twitter) is probably lurking, and Bournemouth will be sweating about losing Ake a lot more now. However, I can't see us going in with Ake and Garcia as the backups as that leaves us very thin on size and strength at the position for the season which spells trouble against the British "2nd balls" style that Pep talks about 24/7 as a concern.

Just saw this part:

Don't think this is happening if we don't have something really ready. It would be mad.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Mase » Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:57 pm

Hopefully Pep can talk him round.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Outcast » Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:17 pm

Mase wrote:Hopefully Pep can talk him round.

You mean pray? If goes, you should start considering his replacement, I suppose the thought of Kolorav and potentially Otters leaving could leave you in..........
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Dubaimancityfan » Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:49 am

We still have Mangala, don’t we ?
Dubaimancityfan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Big Dave

Postby sheblue » Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:38 am

Doesn't leave a lot of time to line up a replacement especially as it takes weeks to get a player in.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby john@staustell » Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:57 am

I'm sure they've got it worked out. Ota not exactly a Pep favourite is he?
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Mase » Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:26 am

Outcast wrote:

You mean pray? If goes, you should start considering his replacement, I suppose the thought of Kolorav and potentially Otters leaving could leave you in..........

Angeliño is already lined up.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Mase » Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:30 am

Outcast wrote:

Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Mase » Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:37 am

Outcast wrote:

Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Mase » Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:59 am

Just in case you didn't know :lol:

The fuck is going on?!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Hazy2 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:51 pm

Mase wrote:Just in case you didn't know :lol:

The fuck is going on?!

More gone than going !
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby salford city » Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:00 pm

Pesky Chinese robots - first the plane, now the forum
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby salford city » Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:01 pm

Pesky Chinese robots - first the plane, now the forum
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Outcast » Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:24 pm

Maybe it's a bad idea to have a thread on Otters when Mase is lurking about, everything goes into meltdown
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum